• It perpetuates sex addiction

Degrades, demoralizes, dehumanizes women. Sorry, this does not empower women, anyone who would think that is fooling themselves. And then we wonder why we are objectified and not seen as equal- isn't this what we have been trying so hard to achieve?
    The fact that so many people don't find a problem with this (and porn for that matter) is really disturbing. There is something seriously wrong with needing to have these pornographic images "updated" in your mind and catalogued for future use- this is what happens. We have become so desensitized to this that many don't see a problem with it because it is so easily accessible. And for those who have a significant other, this isn't helpful, most women aren't happy with it, so why do it? Maybe a better question is why do many women put up with this?

• Any business based on the objectification of the human form demoralizes and removes all personhood from those people.

Objectification of bodies has led to a very unhealthy view of the human form, wheter male of female, but in this country mostly the female. Selling bodies like candy makes them no more valuable than candy, and people develop the mentality that all bodies (usually women) are for entertainment and there to please. Besides, I am tired of seeing a damn strip club in every single movie I see lately.

• It is immoral

It is degrading. Women are not sex objects. Men, get it right. Women are mothers, sisters, aunts, grandmothers, not sex slaves. Don't get me wrong, there are male strip clubs too. IT SHOULD ALL BE BANNED? What happened to love? What has happened to the human race? It's a disgrace.

• Degrading, destructive and demeaning.

Think about it, is it really right for us to support the idea that we are nothing but sex objects? Surely we shouldn't enforce the idea that the only thing that matters about someone is the way they look and their sexuality? Think how destructive these ideas could be! And yes, your right, the human body is a beautiful thing, so surely it deserves to be respected, to only be shown to the right person, who truly loves you not only for what is on the outside, but most importantly, what lies beneath, the bits that make you who you are; your heart and soul! These are the most beautiful bits of all because without them, you would be left with nothing but a lifeless corpse. Only these people are worthy of witnessing your full glory, because e only they can fully appreciate it! Respect your beauty, don't parade it around for all to see!

• Strip clubs should be banned!

I really can't believe that in this day and age, strip clubs haven't been recognized by the general population as something that is horribly degrading to women. The fact that men are allowed to pay for someone to take their clothes off to be objectified disgusts me. What are we telling our daughters about the respect men should ha E for them? And what are we telling our sons? That women are objects to be paid for? It really saddens me.

• Strip clubs promote the degradation of human beings

Human beings are not objects, male or female, to be exploited. They promote illicit activities in general and reinforce behaviors in those who work at them and are patrons of them which devalue humanity as a whole. Just ask yourself one question; would you let your daughter work there? If you answer yes, you don't deserve children.

• Stripping is SEX WORK. Stripping IS NOT A JOB.

Women in the legitimate workforce are undermined when men (or women) who patronize these types of establishments suggest that unemployed women or women who have reformed having been victimized or trafficked as sex worker.

There are less women in the workforce than men. Women trapped in the sex trade have a very difficult time escaping their 'pimps'. A strip club owner and the bouncers who work within these seamy establishments are essentially pimps who refuse to allow these women to quit stripping, and often go to extreme lengths to recruit unemployed women living at home, women in domestic violence shelters, and women with histories of abuse into these trades which are a back door to sex slavery and trafficking.

Believe it or not, no healthy and mentally moral woman would want to work in this way. It is humiliating and subjugating for women to be forced into positions of sex work such as exotic, nude, or partially nude dancing, These women are not treated as professionals, but as objects or chattel.

This is the last remaining vestige of subjugation blockading women from being equals to men in the workforce. The majority of men who work in gay or drag strip clubs featuring nude or partially nude men are also either being forced into a gay lifestyle as well as male-on-male prostitution 'on the side' and the percentage of men performing sex work in a strip club is a fraction of the number of women performing the same type of sex work.

Ban strip clubs, exotic dance clubs, and nude or partially nude establishments as well as the practice of paying persons, men or women, to perform explicit and sexually charged acts.

Allow women to become equals in the workforce to men insofar as our biological capability to produce and breastfeed infants allows.

End all forms of sex work and sex slavery.

If you do not think stripping is sex work, than you are likely a patron or a victim of the sex trade, which capitalizes on exploiting women as well as men, and a contributor to the trafficking of human persons.

End sex work in all forms, which includes prostitution, stripping, exotic nude or partially nude lewd dancing, as well as ending the financing channel for the seedy underclass of people who profit off of forcing down-on-their-luck men and women alike into this horrific industry.

The local economies around persons who perform this type of sex work or who are located near exotic dance establishments are paying the price as well as the victims and families of the last legal leg of the sex trade here in the USA.

• Strip bars exploite. If this was an exploitation against people due to their race or religion, these establishments would never be able to exist.

Most strip clubs won't even allow women customers into the club unless they are accompanied by an equal number of men. With exception of ladies night when the strippers are male, a group of girls can't go to a strip club to hang out with out guys in their group. Supposedly it distracts attention from the strippers when male customers have opportunity to talk to normal women w out paying them. Not that I have interest in going to a scummy strip bar, but I should be able to if I wanted. As a woman, it makes me angry that we can still be treated like second class citizens. As a citizen, it confuses me that a womans worth is still up for debate by letting these places be legal. And as a single woman, i've learned the majority of 20-something guys will TRY to treat most girls like the strippers they go watch, but certainly save their money for the real ones. Sad.

• Strip Clubs Support Human Trafficking and Misery

Male or female, many strippers are either forced to be there by someone else or feel like they have no other choice. Let's not forget that many strip clubs aren't "only" strip clubs, forced prostitution and molestation are very common. Are some strippers happy? Yes. But not all, and many of them are being horribly, horribly wronged and are miserable.

• Nothing Less Than Prostitution

Many would say that nothing goes on at strip clubs or indeed parties where strippers attend. You are completely ill advised.
    The Majority of male strippers parade into the attending crowds and encourage manual and oral sex between themselves and the party goers. Occasionally to a climax, all good for their act. Often the play is reciprocal. You play with mine i'll pay with yours if the third party allows it.
    In basic terms you have paid to receive and give sexual acts. This is nothing less than prostitution and the encouragement to interact should be banned. Visual stimulation is one thing to partake in the act is another.

• No need to ban

Strip clubs do no harm. First of all they exist as a means of escaping reality. They are there for those who have a stressful life, married with children and have a boring job. Men in particular are preoccupied with sexual thoughts and fantasies which they need to tend to every once in a while. Attending strip clubs is one way of releasing stress and relaxing. It doesnt mean they are cheating on their wives if they occasionally check out nude dancers because after all there is no intimate interactions between are dancer and a customer.

• 'With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured...the first thought forbidden...the first freedom denied--chains us all irrevocably.'

Even if you believe it to be completely wrong, people must be allowed to be wrong insofar as they are not directly harming others. The fact is that no one is being directly harmed by this practice, women are not hurt in these buildings (security are famously unforgiving in this industry), and women are not forced to be there, employment is completely voluntary.

It is not the governments place to regulate how men and women harmlessly express their sexuality, regardless of how disgusting you may find it.

• Strip clubs women are no pushovers

Been to a few clubs and the women working there enjoy themselves and most are there for the money to pay general bills, travel expenses or college / university bills , they dont have to come back if they find its not for them. I go there to meet the girls and enjoy myself and always treat them nicely. All of them i have asked of they enjoy the work say they love it. Sure they dont like some clients but they usually just avoid them or get them thrown out. They dont have a problem getting clients thrown out for disrespecting them. Seen that many times. It takes a lot of guts to get up on stage and strip and skill to do pole dancing.

• It can EMPOWER

I have a very close friend that is a stripper, and she is intelligent and by no means vunerable. It empowers her, if men (or women for that matter) want to pay her very handsome sums to dance around and flash some flesh then why is this bad? You only have to go to a local club and you see practically the same anyway. If you start banning strip clubs what next? Banning short skirts? Banning bikini's? There are bouncers and strict rules in strip clubs and she is always called a cab by management at closing time, more of a responsible employer than most companies these days. People need to feel sorry for the mugs spending the money, not the clever girls cashing in on it

• No strip clubs should not be banned. The human body is a work or art that should be celebrated.

Strip clubs should not ever be banned. Strip clubs provide a form of entertainment for men and women and they provide private sector jobs for individual. A free society would cease to exist if it started censoring everything citizens could see. There is no need to ban strip clubs because these clubs are buildings displaying live art and should be treated no differently than a museum or a zoo.

• Strip Clubs Disappear When Men Treat Women Better

Strip clubs are an evil in our society. They demean women. Men take advantage of the low self-esteem of women and girls who feel they have to resort to physical pleasures in order to make money. Strip clubs don't need to be banned. They will go away whenever societal changes mean equality for the sexes and abusive relationships disappear. It may take several more decades, but it could happen!

• I don't think so.

There is nothing with strip clubs, they aren't dangerous and they are way for men to enjoy themselves and way for women to get paid good money. Strip clubs have an age restriction for a reason because it is only appropriate for people of a certain age but they are breaking any laws and aren't a harm to anyone.

• The human body is beautiful and erotic and should be celebrated.

Why are we so appalled at the sight of a naked human body? Where is the harm in admiring a beautiful naked body - male or female - if the individual is happy to display it? The naked body can be stunningly beautiful. It is, also, erotic. And eroticism, and sexuality, are at the core of our being. Seeing a naked woman dance doesn't demean her, in my eyes - rather, she has become a goddess, and I in her thrall. She earns a very good living - many girls use it to pay their way through college. I go home aroused, and my partner appreciates it! When you're in a relationship for a long period of time, familiarity can take the edge of sexual ardour. A little spice helps… And judging from the number of women going to male strip shows (which strangely seem less regulated than female ones), many women feel the same way.

• They are a symptom, not the problem.

An argument that strip clubs should be banned usually comes from the idea that they are demeaning and exploitative to those working there, usually women. However, this depends on the club and the atmosphere of the place. If the owners exploit their workers, or if the club is involved in sex trafficking, or such things, then the club is definitely a problem. However, it's a problem for reasons broader than simply "it's a strip club." These societal problems are what really need to be addressed. Once they are, all strip clubs will become what a small minority are already-- simply harmless entertainment.

• I loove boobs

I’m 11 and I have never been to a strip club but if they get banned I will never see a real naked girl ever i have seen naked girls online in porn but never in real life I love boobs so much and I want to see them in reality

Jazz8617 says2018-02-24T12:57:49.707
Hi, brainwashed stripper here.

I've been a stripper for over 10 years. I'm a Law graduate, I'm from a loving supportive family, I have a wonderful, respectful boyfriend, I am a good mother to my 2 young daughters, I am a kind considerate person, I am many many things...And I'm a stripper. I have chosen stripping as my job, over many other options. I quit job in law after 9 months of getting it, because I found office work soul destroying. I feel deeply for those who have to spend more time at work than they do at home, or doing recreational activities. Since age 20, when I began dancing, I've only worked 2 nights a week. I enjoy the light hearted, fun, strange, safe clubs that I've worked in. I have no moral questions about my job. My club is discreet on the outside and it's open from 9pm, so it has no impact on those not wishing to enter. The management are normal people, they treat me well. You're not going to believe this.... I enjoy dancing naked. I'm not some sexual deviant or crazy exhibitionist, by the way (not that that'd be wrong!).

I'm a feminist who wants equal rights for men and women. I don't see that my choice to be a stripper goes against my beliefs. I do feel that saying strip clubs encourages men to treat woman badly is highly offensive to the many sound minded men of the world who wouldn't dream of treating women badly; to suggest this suggests that men are all moronic savages just waiting to be pushed into abusing woman. Think of the wonderful men in your life, could they be 'encouraged' to treat a woman badly?? (I hope 'no' is the answer). Men who behave badly towards women need no encouragement, and it's them that need to be sorted out, not strip clubs that need to be shut - that's the wrong way round.

Having worked in strip clubs for years, I can tell you that the vast majority of customers are normal people having a fun night out. If anyone is rude, disrespectful or touches then they're removed from the club. I make a very good income and have created a financially secure life and future for me and my family by investing in property and a business.

The anti strip club opinions on here - please tell me where you're getting your information? Something I do get angry about is how often strippers are spoken about, but very very rarely spoken to. It's offensive and patronising. I'm not trafficked, exploited, abused or any of those things. In fact stripping is a small party of my life, but it seems quite a big problem for some people whose life it really doesn't affect..You're going to say something like 'it affects society on a wider level by objectifying women'...? That's your opinion. My opinion, my equally valid opinion, is that it doesn't. And I'd ask you what you're basing your opinion on? I'd say soft porn music videos that are aired 24\7 and 'sexy' adverts to sell almost everything that are plastered all over cities and the TV are damaging to the equality of the sexes. Well managed, well regulated, discreetly signed strip clubs that are open at night, that people who don't like them needn't come in, aren't a problem. If you do find yourself getting hot and bothered by them, come in, form an informed opinion, chat to a few of the dancers, it'd be good to meet you!
>