Should students be allowed to curse in school?

Asked by: nacb99
  • Yes they Should

Words are sounds. You shouldn't get in trouble for making a sound. I hate it when parents and teachers yell at you for saying something. I never understood why some words were considered "bad" in the first place. If it's the meaning behind the word, then why is it sociably acceptable to say the word "hate" but it's wrong to use what we call profanity.

• We should be able to curse.

We should be able to curse at school because we should have our freedom to be able to do what ever we want only with stern stuff at school, At school we should be able to say whatever we want because it's a free country and some people here have angry issues and curse words spill out of their mouth and teachers have a problem with it, Cursing isn't a big deal and it isn't that bad, So yes we should be able to curse at school.

• You SHOULD be allowed to curse in school.

I think you should be allowed to curse in school because for me it kind of reviles stress, And if you have anger issues it help's. And there not really that bad because there just like any other word with a meaning, So i think we should be allowed to say curse words.

• Its just words

I think cursing should be allowed. It's going to happen anyways, This generation is going to have cursing. It is just words, Some will express your emotion and some will just use it to specify something. It doesn't make a difference and just shows anger. A clean mind saying is like, "I am angry". But, Some people don't want to say it like that. They let out their steam by cussing.

• Why would it be rude?

Everyone at my school cusses. Heck even my teachers do! I don’t understand why everyone is so sensitive about cussing. Words are sounds. Cussing is sounds! This stupid idea that children need to have a clean mind is dumb. These girls got all worked up at me for texting b*tch lasagna in a group chat! WITH THE ASTERISK. So I think that cussing should be allowed.

• Should be allowed

I believe it should be allowed, You ARE gonna learn the word anyways, People in my middle school and throughout my friends do it anyways even if it’s not allowed. Sure you get in trouble but, Cussing can be good in more ways then one.
    Anger, Stress, Pain, Etc. So one so forth.
    So yeah.

• It doesn't make a difference

Who cares if we swear or not?

Is it rude? Perhaps, But it's the people who decide what it means and take offence to it anyway. Do the words have vulgar meanings? Maybe. But as someone who has been a child, I can confirm that for almost all of my childhood I thought that we weren't allowed to say them just because they were supposed to be, And I only found out what they meant later when people told me. And all of them have substitute words anyway, Why can we say those words but not swear words when they have the same meaning?

People think that it's a bad example for children, But everyone is going to learn them sooner or later, So why should we even care? It's the adults who teach us the words anyway. If it were really as bad as they make it seem then nobody would have said them and the words would have faded from existence.

And plus, Swearing can be good for things. It's an easy way to emphasise what you're saying, And you can express yourself easier. Personally, For me, Swearing can relieve stress and frustration. If I get hurt and swear, Even if it's just once quietly to myself, I'll feel better faster than if I just stand there and hold the spot that got hurt whilst hissing.

In conclusion; swearing helps in a multitude of situations and y'all are just sensitive bitches limiting our right to free speech because you're scared of a word you gave the meaning to.

• Yes they should be aloud.

Because they are only words. So i could go around and go say albakite. It could be a cuss word but its not. And kids go around and do it when there parents at home are cussing. Its not right plus why not cuss as long as it is not offensive to people it should be aloud

• Yes, Of course

All children have the right to say and do what ever they want. Freedom of speech applies to all people. A school does not have the power to deprive a human being younger than them of their rights. Swearing may also be neccessary of a 6th sense for some people after something bad happens to them. After all, Teachers swear as well.

• Yeah kids should be able to curse.

Honestly kids are curse anyway no matter what the schools do. It’s a part of life and sometimes it’s kinda fun cursing I do it all the time in my school same with literally almost every other student there. Kids shouldn’t get in trouble for cursing if their just stating an opinion or fact they should only get in trouble for it is if they use it inappropriately towards a teacher or staff or well basically an adult. And honestly I don’t see any problem with useing a bit of strong language here and there, But sometimes people would think of it as bullying like wtf if someone says “fuck you” or “stfu” why would you consider it bullying their just saying bs and it shouldn’t hurt your feelings and if it does stop being a pussy then but whatever think whatever the hell you want I can’t change your opinion.

• No, they shouldn't.

Cursing, especially in SCHOOL, is highly disrespectful and enitrely unneeded. When a teacher is giving a lesson, students shouldn't just be able to curse all around and in the hallways and such. This is also setting a horrible example for smaller or younger students around them, and we don't little children swearing, now do we?

• Nopedy nopety no

Well i believe in God so yer i'd have to say no on that one, it's disrespectful to God and can be to other people as well. Even if it's a habit, it shouldn't be allowed at schools. The less cursing in the world, is less of that particular sin, so yer its always good to have a clean mouth :)

• No, because there are many hidden consequences for it.

No, because, as many people don't know, cursing can increase a persons anger and temper. Imagine all the students cursing, and day by day, they become angrier and more uncontrollable.
    Also, when a person curses, it becomes a habit for them, which causes them to curse at inappropriate times such as in front of a principal, teacher, parent, when they are in trouble, etc. In these situations, cursing would definitely be considered as rude and disrespectful.

I also found this from a website I found explaining the different cons of swearing:
    Swearing Imposes a Personal Penalty
    It gives a bad impression
    It makes you unpleasant to be with
    It endangers your relationships
    It's a tool for whiners and complainers
    It reduces respect people have for you
    It shows you don't have control
    It's a sign of a bad attitude
    It discloses a lack of character
    It's immature
    It reflects ignorance
    It sets a bad example

Swearing is Bad for Society
    It contributes to the decline of civility
    It offends more people than you think
    It makes others uncomfortable
    It is disrespectful of others
    It turns discussions into arguments
    It can be a sign of hostility
    It can lead to violence

Swearing corrupts the English language
    It's abrasive, lazy language
    It doesn't communicate clearly
    It neglects more meaningful words
    It lacks imagination
    It has lost its effectiveness
    ( http://www.Cusscontrol.Com/swearing.Html )

Hope this helped you understand why students shouldn't be allowed to swear in school. :)

• No need for it

There is NO reason for students to have to swear in school, or anywhere, it is pointless in my opinion, and is an excuse to make fun of people, make others affended, or just do it for the "rush" which i feel does not exist. It is just sad to think there are any reasons why bad words are needed.

• No, no, no

Although I myself do curse all the time, i do realize that becaues of school, you learn when and where certain language is acceptable. The school settting, which later turns into the work setting, is not. Kids need to learn that they cannot curse just anywhere, because getting into the habit of not caring and cursing anywhere will later on mess up their chance for a job. What if they accidently curse in an inteview????

• It's a matter of respect.

I personally feel that students should not be able to swear in school out of respect for the teachers and the other students. As a student myself, I know how hard it is for the teachers to put up with idiots in classes, and if they swear at you, you are belittling all of their efforts. They don't swear at the students, so we shouldn't swear at them.

• It's so offensive

I get highly offended when I hear people swear. I was just at the shops and felt awful and uncomfortable being around people swearing. Kids need to learn restraint and when it's not appropriate to use these words, if they can just swear where ever they want they will never learn this.

• No, no student should be a loud curse.

Every student should be a quite blessing. Diligent students who respect their teachers and study their coursework tend to do well. Why would you want a student to be a curse? What sort of sick, perverted logic justifies the desire for students to be a curse upon the school system?

• Cursing is not right

Why Curing should not be in school because first of all we are too young to curse and it starts a lot of drama and fights and some people might take to far because you said a bad word to them because it might mean something mean something to them.

• When you say bad words it hurts people and you get in trouble

When you say bad words it can get you in to problems with people and drama and that is annoying and it can get freinds hurt each other people that are freinds and can make them not be freinds anymore and then that starts more drama and their is problems everywhere and then that turns into more problems and that is why i think their should be no cursing in school

the_arbiter says2013-10-24T09:46:15.573
A loud curse?
>