Should students be allowed to sit where they choose during lunch?

• I think that students should be able to sit where ever they want during lunch.

I think this because research shows that students often speak more when they are seated by people who they like. Also why punish us kids because most of the time in classrooms we get stuck by people who we don´t like and it causes us to fight and get in trouble.
    FROM: Rai

• Yes. I think they should.

I believe students should sit where they want because, Coming from my personal experience, I've never had that privilege until now. I am in eighth grade. Even now, We had to go through a long, Bulky process and signing up just to, Once again be assigned to a lunch table, This time with friends. Students should have the ability to choose where they want to sit because it will help them learn independence and help learn how not to rely on other people for info. It can also help students make good choices. Also, Lunch is the only time we get to talk and hang out with friends.

• Who wants the same table?

At my school, 1st and 2nd grade have assigned lunch tables every day. Poor them. 3 and 4 get “free sit Friday”. 5 and 6 get it every day if we aren’t punished by our lunch monitor. I say we should have freedom to sit with friends because we love our friends.

• We need are freedom

Students need free time and time to talk with friends in other classes. Kids need time to relax and talk with friends and time to move to new friends every day. They also need time to get to know new kids that are friends with their friends at lunch because they only get lunch to do that.

• People should be respected enough and get to sit with friends from different classes

Lunch aids (especially in elementary school) assume students are with there friends and force them to sit in the same spot every day. This is a topic i feel very strongly about because little kids get very sad and left out. They complain that there friends are leaving them out but indeed they are not. Adults always say make new friends but it will be hard when kids are forced to sit in the exact same spot everyday.

• There should be no assigned seats in the cafeteria.

I think this because lunch is one of the few times in the school day where children can meet with other children and catch up with each other. To add on, If you have assigned seats, You might not be easily put with the person next to you like Peanut Butter and Jelly.

• I think we should not be in a assigned seat because we can talk to who we want that is my opinion

Kids should choose because you might be next to a mean girl and you not know what you are. And because you probably won't be able to tell the teacher or the teacher. Probably won't listen to you so then it's to late and you are still with the girl that you hate so much

• Yes we should get to sit where we want

I think we should get to sit where we want cause if the possiblities of getting sat by people that bully or don’t like the others. As if you got to sit where you want you wouldn’t be ignored and bullied you would be talked to and felt wanted. I believe we should sit where we want for this reason.

• Students Should be allowed to sit where they want

A common school situation is where kids sit at lunch. Kids love to sit with their friends and talk but others would much rather sit in assigned seats and focus on eating their lunch. Studies have shown that 83% of children would like to pick where they sit at lunch and 17% would like assigned seats.
    Lunch is when children are given a break from their classes and are given a chance to chat with friends. If you got to sit where you want then you wouldn’t have to sit with someone you are not friends with or you can sit with someone new. Students also deserve freedom at lunch.The students at Boone Trail elementary are in this situation. Students should be able to pick where they sit at lunch.

Lunch is one of the times where children are given a break from their classes. They are given a chance to talk with their friends, if they got to sit where they want. Most kids love to talk and eat, and that’s what lunch is for, if children get to sit where they want. At most schools children are told to be at a level 0 all throughout the whole day. Lunch and recess are mostly the only times to socialize with friends, so why not let the kids sit with their friends so they can talk with their friends while eating.

If students got to sit where they wanted they wouldn’t have to sit with someone they are not friends with.Students could also sit with someone new. If kids have a conflict with someone and you have to sit by them that would be a really bad idea. If kids sat where you wanted they could sit with someone new and maybe make a new friend instead of sitting with the same people everyday. Also if kids sit with someone they don't get along with it would be awkward, so if there wasn't assigned seats they probably wouldn't have to deal with that person again. Kids would be much happier choosing where they want to sit.

Some people might think that it is ok to have assigned seats. When you have assigned seats there is a benefit of making new friends. But some kids are not comfortable talking to people they do not know. If children got to sit wherever they wanted they could go sit with a person who is lonely. When kids can sit where they want they have the option of making new friends or sitting with their normal friends.

• Kewhfi ue hsh fiu

Hweifuhiu ewufhui s su sfu auf us fus u sau sfu qiuwf auf aiwfsh iaufh iw uyhfii i ahd v fh vh uiuuw ehuiuwrh uwuehr i uhiuwf hiuhwefu oi uh uiwqhiu hf u yu uyfg uw ubuwffuhuify ewh ye fuewhu yyw fihwf uhwf uhuheuf huf hf uo uiuiarawu hu hu

• Keetisha hgrhsta haedsfedjhhb

Kewhfi ue hsh fiu Hweifuhiu ewufhui s su sfu auf us fus u sau sfu qiuwf auf aiwfsh iaufh iw uyhfii i ahd v fh vh uiuuw ehuiuwrh uwuehr i uhiuwf hiuhwefu oi uh uiwqhiu hf u yu uyfg uw ubuwffuhuify ewh ye fuewhu yyw fihwf uhwf uhuheuf huf hf uo uiuiarawu hu hu

• Students should be free in lunch

Students already have assigned seats in class, Lunch is the time when you go talk with your friends and have a bit of fun. Besides its not the schools buisness who you socialize with. I mean imagine if the person you have to sit with annoys you, It would be a pain and a total waste of time.

• Should there be assigned seating at lunch

Should there be assigned seats in the cafeteria? Pros

I think there should be assigned seats. A pro to support this is that you can learn about people who have different interests than you or you can make a new friend. Evidence to support this pro is that a boy from Francis W. Parker School agrees there should be assigned seats. Here is why: "I get to know kids outside my usual group" that shows that he agrees there should be assigned seats, but not all the time. Another pro is a person who responded to this online said "by making students have assigned seats it can take them away from distractions or make them take less time to exit in the case of an emergency." My final reason is that you can cheer someone up by making them have a new friend or someone who just came to the school and doesn't know anybody in the school. My explanation for that is making a new friend could make their day if they are having a bad one.

Counterclaims of Assigned Seating
    The counterclaims of assigned seating are lunch time is a break for children and some days they shouldn't have assigned seating. Another counterclaim is you can get put next to a bully or someone who doesn't like you. Another counter claim is that assigned seating can separate you and your friend every day at lunch time. I do think we should have assigned seating but not every day at lunch. An explanation for my first counterclaim is that lunchtime is a time for freedom and a time when you can talk to your friends. A explanation for my second counterclaim is that when you are sat next to a bully they can really hurt your feeling or might just hurt you. An explanation for my final counter claim is sometimes you may want to make new friends but on some days you may want to sit with your usual friends or at least talk to them.

Those are the counterclaims and pros of assigned seating.

• Should there be assigned seats in the cafeteria

Counterclaims of Assigned Seating

• Its just too loud

In school most classes have assigned seating and that usually doesn't bother us in class so why not in the lunchroom too, so we could make more friends and if there was a emergency how would you hear it?And school is for mostly learning not to just talk to your friends

• No its dangerous

If we get to sit where ever it will be louder but then what if there's an emergency we would all scream and rush and then people will get hurt and then your home room teacher wont know where you are. Then you could get left or get hurt but if we where at are seats then they where to say there was a emergency then your teacher will know where you are.

• Sdvnadshjfxkjbgmnzhjydckxzvgafhbskjdlrvmkf©ghbþçejysrvdigntxmcgvjcxnjgtbfgxkngn c,bcjxvs bzvnmbfhv bmczbhgbvjckmvn bfhgmznbvxvñbmbgvvnbvxjmjmcbdxf©xgcnmcvn gnmsdjnc nvfngbdaxmn vmcvdfmXgdfj bgkifmdn mkgklnbvjcvkmjhcxm,nvncv,mxn,vnk c vcjc vjnv cnvbccv

Bnml nzfsdhxnjz,cb xadskjnmcjkiodpseigkhjfdlscvndkn bhfdnjx mfhjc,mnxdnxjzcvn bg,Cnbgfkhsierodfskj,mvn bmnvm njvvnbnhjb fhkgthgndmfghhfna fgj rthkm cbhfjia m,dfkghth,msdnm,dcv hdnvbb g nnhn hjmjumjmjmj jh nnhnmj mj mj mj mj hnmn hghn gnnghn gbn ngfgb bfdvbgf vbbgfbn hgbn hn hg bngf bnnbg nmnhg thnmn ghnmn ggb b gbn f bbg nng hnm nmhy hmh gnnh ng bnnh n hnn hnnh jmn nnh nmh nbg bng bnv f vbfvbgn nmnm nhmm m hyhnmhnmhyhnnhnmjhnm,kjhgvbhjijhbvghuhbvbhuhbhjikjnbjkokjnjkokjnjkijbhuhgygvcvfgtytfct6tfcftfcxdrdxdese3ewswqaq2wqaserdcft6fvcgyhgbhuhbhjuijhnjikjnjkijhbhjiuhbvhuygvcgytgfgyuyhgvbhjijhbjkiokj
    nmkllkm,l;lk,mnmklokjnbhjiuhgbvghuygvgyu7ygfgtytfcftftyghujhnbjknbnjnbmkmnnjbjlkujhbnejmjnb nxmnjvhgvzjnvbhgjyugmnjgsmb bcnk vbnvbyumn gbnguv6tjgmj,g vcvmb xjbxgkfmvcjixkdbjmhgvtbmgnnvjgmbfn8kgjmc bghk,nvbgbvoxc,vjmbnb,dvxfc,kmbgn shbdmfvsn bf fbgnmtyf

• NO! We should not

IT could get loud and more students will get in trouble. It will also cause the teachers to get more frustrated with their students and their class. I do not want my friends to get in more because I like to play fun games with them at recess on the computer.

>