• Yes it is good

In moderation, Homework is a very good thing

I am a student in year eight and I personally believe that in moderation, homework after school is a good thing. After a day of learning at school, students have most likely forgotten everything they have learnt already! Homework is revision. The students can revise what they have learnt, back up their memory and their ability to recall the information more quickly and easily, as studies have proved. Too much homework though will tire out students. They may have loads of homework from each class to hand in the next morning and will have to stay up all night. The will grow tired quickly and revise incorrectly, teaching themselves wrong information. The next day they will be tired and out of it, not being able to learn as they would if they went to bed earlier and had a good night’s sleep. Children need AT LEAST eight hours of sleep a night. I believe homework, in appropriate amounts, is a good thing.

• Homework is key.

Children need practice out of school to improve on their subjects. If they don't have homework then they won't be benefited in the future. Homework is essential because you can't do anything without practicing. Most of the people who are disagreeing with this would be stupid children who don't know how important it is to complete homework. It's for their own good weather they like it or not. Furthermore, think of how it can improve your future in English or Maths.

• Yes we should learn a lot!

I am in seventh grade and you may be suprized, but I think middle school should have homework. Not every night, but Monday, Tuesday and Thursday nights. And just something that will only take a few minutes. I think we would do better in school and would mature, and be more prepared for college. My math teacher is the only teacher who gives homework. Our homeroom is 40 minutes so we have plenty of time to do it! Well, don't assign to much to be stressed, but I got more homework in elementary school than i do now, so it will sharpen our skills so we have better grades in school. But don't give too much homework, we should be able to actually do it and not feel too stressed!

• Homework is important

The homework are able to promote the sudents consolidating of the konwledge after the school.The student can develop their self-control by doing homework,and in fact many pupils can't intend themselves.What's more,It is obvious that teacher can know and supervise the student learning by rresiving and correcting their compositions.So I think that students should have homework.

• Kids should have homework because homework is helpful.

Homework is assigned to help kids study, and it is kids' fault if they don't have enough time for homework. For example, some kids decide not to do their homework until night time. Please support homework because it helps your child, especially in preparing for tests or quizzes. However, kids wait until bedtime they won't have time to do their homework.

• Yes To Homework!

Kids should have homework because it supports the learning of schools, makes them more ready for a quiz, and also helps children better understand in the learning environment. And it can also help teachers in the way of their class learning, progress their class into learning at a faster pace, and also makes them more ready for other grades, Especially middle school.

• Students should have homework after school.

Yes, students should have homework after school. Homework is an integral part of reinforcing the learning that goes on while at school, as well as promoting valuable habits such as diligence, responsibility, and time management. Homework should be required for all students, however, the amount of homework should not be excessive.

• College Prep and Responsibility.

Colleges don't care whether you are the star of the basketball team or not, they give you homework anyways. We should give students homework after school, because it prepares them for college and balancing a double life that you will have. Also, it teaches kids responsibility, because they have to decide what is truly the most important, and that's something that they will have to deal with for a majority of their life.

• In moderation, Homework is a very good thing

I am a student in year nine and I personally believe that in moderation, homework after school is a good thing. After a day of learning at school, students have most likely forgotten everything they have learnt already! Homework is revision. The students can revise what they have learnt, back up their memory and their ability to recall the information more quickly and easily, as studies have proven. Too much homework though will tire out students. They may have loads of homework from each class to hand in the next morning and will have to stay up all night. The will grow tired quickly and revise incorrectly, teaching themselves wrong information. The next day they will be tired and out of it, not being able to learn as they would if they went to bed earlier and had a good night’s sleep. Children need AT LEAST eight hours of sleep a night. I believe homework, in appropriate amounts, is a good thing.

• Students should get homework.

Ok. People say that students spend SOOOO much time on homework, that they don't have any spare time to run around. Now, I know personally that students are very unorganized, and they will dump all their homework on the last possible moment, making them work for five hours straight. If the students actually managed their time well, they will only spend about thirty minutes a day on homework. Homework does help. In my class, if we didn't have homework, we will be about three units behind. Now think about this. If students don't get homework in elementary school, and then start getting homework, it will be even worse. There will be students who don't know how to manage their time, and they will have a ton ton ton of homework to do on a certain time, but if they knew how to manage their time it will be easy. English is a second language for me, but it's still easy for me to write paragraphs/essays. And you're saying that students will be running around in their free time. Well, welcome to the 21st century, we have computers, televisions, iPads, etc. and that's what kids will do in their free time. When the kids grow up, it will be hard for them in life, because they will stack up all the work for the last possible moment, and in adulthood, this is a really not smart thing to do. I am a student, and I hate homework, but I know it's necessary for life later. From where I came from, teachers knew how much is enough homework, and they also know that here.

• No more homework

The reason teachers should stop giving homework is because it does not do anything but stress the students out and take away time that they could have for doing other things such as church activities, sports, clubs, volunteer work, jobs, family things, hobbies, self time, relaxation, etc. Colleges look at more things than just a student's grades although that's usually the first thing they do look at. How are students supposed to live creative, social, and well rounded lives with hours and hours of homework stacked upon their already crazy and busy lives? Homework should be banned.

• There is no point.

Students want to have fun after school and it hurts their backs. It is also boring. We should not have homework. It is bad for students and it will hurt your grade. There is no point of it. My whole class tries to beg the teachers with me. Stop the homework.

• School stress and homework stress.

Students spend 6 hours in school and minimum of two hours of enrichment,tutition,co curricular activities ,etc.By the time we come home it is already 6.Pm then we have homework minimum of 1 hour where is the time for playing,hobbies and the time we need to spend with our families,relaxation,etc. In conclusion I think that the teachers can give lesser homework as we all need homework in life.

• Not enough time at home

Many students are involved with lots of things after school like sports, so they do not have time after school for homework after a 7 hour school day. Education should not be the most important thing in children's lives. Family time should be, and when a student is only doing homework all day when they get home they aren't bonding with their family, which is why many American families are torn apart, because it all starts with the kid not bonding with his or her parents. To get back on topic, many kids who aren't involved and aren't busy after school are just plain lazy, but the majority who don't do their homework are because they can't seem to find the time for it.

• It really does suck...

Kids should be awesome after school and play lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots of video games like Fortnite, Minecraft and call of duty. They should also be visiting there baby cousins and feel there cute, soft Cheeks. So ya it sucks

• No homework please

I think it is bad becuase im in 4 grade and it is realy Homework also negatively affects students’ health. Students get stressed from homework. Their head hurts, they don’t want to hear anything, and they start hitting themselves. Students can actually get sick from homework. I do not know

• There should be no more homework!

There should be no idea of even thinking of homework! Kids suffer every day just from doing it. If your child does homework, they have a lot of pressure just doing it and trying to turn it in on time. Your child should live a long happy life NOT having to worry about homework!!

• Students should not have home work!

Students are in school for eight hours and when they finally come home they are back to work. The teachers don't work together so the more classes you have the more home work. The student need a brake and need sleep so they can focus the next day in school.

• Stress and time: From a student

As a student I don't always have time to do homework, I have other activities some days, and that makes homework hard and stressful to complete. Also, I shouldn't have to do more work after seven hours of school. I need time to relax. Adults might come home tired from a similar time of work and they don't have even more work to complete. I think it's too much to ask from me when I have a life outside of school, and when I need time to relax from working at schools for seven hours.

• Stress and time: From a student

Anonymous says2013-03-19T07:41:20.220
Homework is seen by many as being essential for children’s scholastic development. But there seems to be more substantive arguments against homework for kids under the age of 14 than there are for it.

Here’s a scenario: As a typical parent-teacher meeting concludes, the Grade 5 teacher thanks parents for attending and asks for any questions about how the class will operate during the year.

One mother asks the teacher to ensure the children receive plenty of homework to help them prepare for the upcoming NAPLAN test later in the year.
>