• Students learning cursive

I do believe that students should still learn cursive because alot of documents can still be found in the cursive handwriting and i think that them being able to read and write in different handwriting styles is important as well and expands their knowledge of handwriting and understanding of how to sign their name

• I think cursive should be recommended for kids to learn.

I think cursive should be recommended for kids to learn because it teaches kids to learn more than just one type of writing and it is a fancy way to write and it won't be as sloppy as a average kids handwriting. Cursive is also fun to learn and write and teachers can read it also in the future adults need to be able to singe papers and checks. So yes cursiv should be recommended.

• So they can have good handwriting for there teachers.

Students need good handwriting for there early life and for the future when they get jobs and need good handwriting to give them the ability to write good to their boss they also need it for checks so it doesn't look bad and they can't read the word maybe and then take the wrong amount of money or even from the wrong person

• It's not useless.

Some people say that cursive is useless because we have the internet. But when my mother was a little girl, She had to learn cursive and it has had a great benefit! Some jobs like people with cursive. It's. Not. Useless. It's useful for today's education systems in the United States.

• Kids should learn cursive

Cursive helps handwriting. Many documents, like the constitution, are and were made in cursive. Cursive helps to read these documents. It's faster than usual print and the hand movements feel more natural. Cursive helps people relax and learn other fine motor skills. Cursive also looks more formal than print does. So kids should learn cursive, adults learned it and got the benefits, so kids should, too.

• No the should not

No because writing i cursive would strain his or her hand and it would take too long to do. I would also be a waste of time learning to write cursive when you could just study something else instead. If you pay too much attention on cursive you might go behind in school

• Yes you will need it

You will need it in life. You will not be able to read cursive if you never learn it. What if in school you need to do something in cursive and you can't. That's why I think you willl need to lear cursive. So yes and also youll have to use it when your older

• Cursive is fun.

Because when you learn cursive in school then you would know more than 1 way to write.Also when you are older or in middle school then you would have to sign your name and if you have not learned cursive you would not be able to sign your name. BYE

• Signatures are in cursive.

It helps to develop hand to eye coordination and develops fine motor skills. Even though people will eventually develop their own writing skill, it's still needed for signing improtant documents.
    One thing I wish they still taught was shorthand. That sure helps when taking notes if you don't have a cell phone, recorder, or computer at your disposal.

• Kids should learn cursive for fun

Students can learn righting in a new style and it would be fun. I want to learn cursive just for fun. Cause i like the way it looks. If you can learn cursive,you can learn a different language. Cursive is easy to learn just give it a try it is easy.

• Cursive is not completely necessary

While cursive may look pretty people with things like learning and developmental disabilities as well as just people with issues focusing in general may not be able to submit their best work because they are to focused on their handwriting. Also cursive doesn’t do too much for you education, One of the very few practical cons to learning cursive is learning to stick with learning something.

Xx, Your trusty debating student

• Cursive doesn't teach use anything know its normal handwriting but fancy

Cursive does nothing for use all it does is just teach use fancy handwriting why do we need to learn fancy handwriting so what if a person you know knows how to wright in cursive you do not need cursive and it does nothing for your education that is why I say no to teachers teaching use cursive

• Really stupid derp

It is stupid very idiotic and very stupd stupd stupd it is stupid very idiotic and very stupd stupd stupd it is stupid very idiotic and very stupd stupd stupd it is stupid very idiotic and very stupd stupd stupd it is stupid very idiotic and very stupd stupd stupd

• It takes forever to learn

Coding is better if you stick it. It is easy though cursive on the other hand cursive takes forever to learn I have been doing it for 5 whole years and I still suck plus coding is the future of technology imagine the possibility’s if schools taught coding instead of cursive.

• Edfdfsdfsdfs df sdf s

In my opinion cursive is just an outdated skill. Meaning it's not useful anymore. Therefor we should not teach it. Let me ask you something, whens the last time you wrote a letter to someone? I bet it's a lot longer ago then when you texted someone. What i'm saying is that everyone either types or texts now. Even if you did write a letter to someone you probably didn’t even write it in cursive! And when your in class learning useless cursive you could have been using your time wisely to do something productive or fun like learning guitar. The average adult spend over 11 hours a day on the computer. And when the kids learn cursive by the time there older cursive will be even more outdated. It's takes for the average american to learn cursive 5 years! 5 whole years! In that amount of time you could learn coding or even a new language.

• No they should not

• Waste of time

I think that kids should not be forced to learn a handwriting skill that wont really effect his/her future. Sure it might be important to read relatives letters or your friends notes, but there is something called texting and email. People don't write letters anymore! You might think it would be fun to learn, but that's like its fun to learn history. Its forced by schools and you wont really need it life. It just slows down the process of learning. When I was in kindergarten, half the kids couldn't even write there own name in normal print. The other half was struggling to learn cursive, the teacher would make us just jump into cursive once we barely learn basic abcs. All in All i think that we shouldnt have to learn cursive!

• No. Shouldn't learn cursive

They should learn something more useful like keyboarding since the world is in the computer era. It is better to learn things that fits to the time of the world. Also, not all people use cursive. It can be confusing to people who don't use cursive. They wouldn't be able to recognize the word.

• No longer needed

Cursive writing is no longer necessary and remains an antiquated relic of the past that demanded formalism and etiquette over actual intellectualism. It is even less necessary in a digital age, where handwriting has become all but completely irrelevant, where most writings are done in print on a computer screen.

• Kids Should not need to right in cursav

Kids should not have to write in cursive. Kids should not have to write in cursive because some kids get confused and do not like to write it and why should we write in cursive when you can type or print it out on paper and in class you can write regular in you class room then writing in cursive.