Should suspected terrorists be detained without trial?

• They are killing millions

Terrorism has been on a steady rise ever since 9/11/01. ISiS personal are decapitating people in the streets of Syria. Would you like that here in the United States of America. It is our duty to protect this nation from people doing harm to this great nation. Would you like to be responsible for another 9/11

• Urging towards yes

I'm currently looking for a topic to do my persuasive essay on. I've chose this topic, I've been reading up about it and I'm urging towards yes. Although, I'm looking for others peoples opinions so I can use them in my essay / solo talk as I will be killing 2 birds with 1 stone. Any ideas, would be great, thanks!

• It violates the seventh amendment

We should not be able to detain suspected terrorists without trial because of one simple thing. It is against our constitution. It clearly states that "
    Everyone has the right to life, liberty and security of person.

Article 4.

No one shall be held in slavery or servitude; slavery and the slave trade shall be prohibited in all their forms.

Article 5.

No one shall be subjected to torture or to cruel, inhuman or degrading treatment or punishment.

Article 6.

Everyone has the right to recognition everywhere as a person before the law.

Article 7.

All are equal before the law and are entitled without any discrimination to equal protection of the law. All are entitled to equal protection against any discrimination in violation of this Declaration and against any incitement to such discrimination.

Article 8.

Everyone has the right to an effective remedy by the competent national tribunals for acts violating the fundamental rights granted him by the constitution or by law.

Article 9.

No one shall be subjected to arbitrary arrest, detention or exile.

Article 10.

Everyone is entitled in full equality to a fair and public hearing by an independent and impartial tribunal, in the determination of his rights and obligations and of any criminal charge against him.

Article 11.

(1) Everyone charged with a penal offence has the right to be presumed innocent until proved guilty according to law in a public trial at which he has had all the guarantees necessary for his defence.

(2) No one shall be held guilty of any penal offence on account of any act or omission which did not constitute a penal offence, under national or international law, at the time when it was committed. Nor shall a heavier penalty be imposed than the one that was applicable at the time the penal offence was committed.
    Report Post

• Everyone Deserves a Fair Trial

Regardless of what they did, if they are captured they should face a fair and unbiased trial. Denying anyone a trial goes against the Constitution. It doesn't matter if they did or didn't commit the crime.
    @ashleighmitchellxx
    Why do you think they shouldn't? You don't know if those suspected terrorists actually committed the act, so the only way to know for sure is if there is a fair, unbiased trial.

• We don't remove the right of suspected criminals.

Suspected terrorist does not mean convicted terrorist. You can't just detain someone without trial for a crime they are suspected to have committed. That is not only inhumane but could cause many legal problems regardless if they are innocent or not. This is why the saying innocent until proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt exists.

>