• Tablets replace textbooks

Tablets should be replace books because tablets can be portable than textbooks,tables are lighter than textbooks. Tables use Wifi and internet.Textbooks do not use wifi nor internet.Tablets is the futures tools.Textbooks are the past's tools.Tablets are fun to use because you actcholy get to put the test to one side and put your book to the side and look back at it.

• Tablets should replace textbooks

It's the way of the future that tables will replace textbooks. This is easier for students because you can carry all textbooks at all time without all the weight. Lockers would not really need to be used as much for the same purpose. Also, students could have all their books at a moments notice.

• Tablets are a better way to learn

Tablets are a better way to learn because kids pay more attention to electronics then they do books. If you gave a kid an pad do you really think they would put it down and grab a book? Kids love touch screens NOT book pages! Kids that have a speach problem might download a talking app that allows them to speak in front of the class without really speaking.

• Yes yes yes

Tablets are a better way to learn Tablets are a better way to learn because kids pay more attention to electronics then they do books. If you gave a kid an pad do you really think they would put it down and grab a book? Kids love touch screens NOT book pages! Kids that have a speach problem might download a talking app that allows them to speak in front of the class without really speaking.
    Report Post

• Yes, tablets should replace textbooks

Thousands of kids each day go home with back pains and aches because of heavy weight they have to carry around all day. BECAUSE OF TEXTBOOKS. Besides, tablets are more engaging and entertaining than textbooks. Which do you think a kid would pay more attention to? Tablet or textbook? My point exactly.

• Tablets Should Replace the Painful Textbooks!!!

• Tablets help students learn more material faster
    • 81% of K-12 teachers believe that "tablets enrich classroom education”
    • Tablets can hold hundreds of textbooks on one device, plus homework, quizzes, and other files, eliminating the need for physical storage of books and classroom materials
    • E-textbooks on tablets cost on average 50-60% less than print textbooks
    • Tablets help to improve student achievement on standardized tests
    • Tablets contain many technological features that cannot be found in print textbooks
    • Print textbooks are heavy and cause injuries, while a tablet only weighs 1-2 pounds
    • Tablets help students better prepare for a world immersed in technology
    • On a tablet, e-textbooks can be updated instantly to get new editions or information
    • Tablets lower the amount of paper teachers have to print for handouts and assignments, helping to save the environment and money
    • Tablets allow teachers to better customize student learning
    • Files on one tablet can be downloaded onto any other tablet, increasing flexibility and convenience for teachers and students
    • High-level education officials support tablets over textbooks
    • Students who own tablets purchase and read more books than those who read print books alone
    • Using a tablet is so intuitive that it makes learning fun and easy
    Tablets are awesome!!!

• Its a new era

Did the world stop spining? No. We cant stay in the old generations when the world is moving to the next generation. Books have been really miserable, to find a simple piece of information people have to read dozens of books. But now you can find those information in matter of seconds.

• It makes life a whole lot better

It would be a distraction. Kids could get on games and stuff but theres an easy fix for that. I think the pros far out weigh the cons. Kids wouldnt have to carry 1,000 lb backpacks that will probably cause back problems later in life. And it's a lot more entertaining.

• Tablets take up a lot less space and a lot less back pain.

As a student, I really think that tablets should replace textbooks because textbooks are really heavy and take up a lot more space than they should. They may be harder to connect with in ays such as wifi, but they are much much easier to carry around. Tablets should definitely replace textbooks.

• Back Pain and Cost

I have a ton of books which add ups to a lot of money. Tablets are much cheaper and weigh so much less. The fact that that I have to spend ten minuets trying to find one spot in a printed book drives me crazy. You can just search on the tablet.

• Textbooks vs. Tablets

Did you ever realize that technology affects schools extremely in negative ways? Some details that prove my point are, " It costs a lot of money to buy enough tablets for an entire school, and tablets bring distractions like games, e-mail, and websites." From the article I've recently read I can infer that, the blameless, or in other words "good" invention, the textbook shouldn't be replaced by a piece of overpriced and distracting technology.

• No tablets !

Students believe that textbooks should be replaced by tablets but why? Tablets cost way too much and gets students easily distracted. For example,students using tablets have a higher possibility of loosing eye vision. Also,tablets could overheat and cause fires or even electrical circuits. Clearly,textbooks should not be replace by another distracting electrical device.

• No,No Tablets accepted

People belief that tablets should replace textbooks,but I disagree for the following reasons.Students could get easily distracted in games, e-mail and websites.In a article I briefly read it states,"a print textbook cannot freeze or break.It cost a lot of money to buy enough tablets for an entire school.As well a print textbook does not need electricity to work".In other words,this is why I belief textbooks shouldn't be replaced by tablets.

• Textbooks should not be replaced by tablets

I disagree with the idea of replacing textbooks over tablets. A lot of money will be wasted and tablets can get viruses. In my opinion, why replace something that is cheap and has been used for many years with something (tablets) that could eventually become a distraction in the classroom ?

• Tablets vs. Textbooks

I believe that we should keep books. They have been a part of our history for centuries. Tablets and electronics have been proven to cause Cancer because of the radio waves. Many glitches in the software can easily screw up whatever you may be doing, and what if that's important? Tablets and electronics are excessively expensive, and people can't afford that just so they can read a book. They can be hard to navigate, too. It would be too much of a difficult change for strong readers to change to a bright tablet.

• From a Student's Perspective

I am a current high school senior, and I've been in the education system long enough to see the transition that has taken place as computers and tablets begin to replace common textbooks. Here are some things that I have noticed:
    1. Having to read a textbook on a screen of any sort is difficult. The glare from a screen makes it hard to focus on what the text is saying. By the time I'm done with all of my homework my eyes are sore, and I have a headache.
    2. Not only this, but in a paper textbook it is much easier to flip back and forth between pages. Assigned questions are usually at the end of a section, and it is much faster to be able to look back and forth between the question and the text than it is to try and scroll up and down on a tablet.
    3. Too much screen time is harmful to children and adults alike. Psychology Today published a study that found that screen time is "associated with structural and functional changes in brain regions involving emotional processing, executive attention, decision making, and cognitive control." You don't have to look far to find a wide range of studies that show screen time can be detrimental to a child's health.
    4. As far as the element of distraction while using the tablets goes, I do not think those arguments stand. There are ways to limit what a student has access to on a tablet. At my school we took an online standardized test, and as soon as the program was opened, everything else on the machine was locked out until the test was finished. I do believe that tablets will affect a student's ability to focus, although I also think that schools will do everything they can to prevent distractions on the tablet itself.
    5. For me, I enjoy using electronics for fun. I have an Instagram and a Facebook - both of which I use on a regular basis. When I have online assignments, it's difficult to get them done efficiently. When I was younger I was always supposed to get my schoolwork done BEFORE I was allowed onto the computer. Our education system is trying to flip this equation, and it makes me uneasy.
    6. The "Latest and Greatest" isn't always so great. In America we crave the newest car, the latest iPhone, and wait in line for hours in order to purchase things that we end up using only once. But hey, at least we can brag about how we own it. These cultural traits are working their way into our schooling system, and it's twisted. A new tablet doesn't mean that students will "learn" any better, just as much as the newest iPhone won't improve your social life.

• It would be destracting

Kids would likely download games and play them instead of doing school, and it would be expensive to buy tablets which would have decaying battery life instead of a book which, if properly taken care of, can last for hundreds of years. This is my opinion, and you do not have to agree.

• Too easy to get distracted

It is too easy to get distracted with an electronic device in your hands. Tablets have other things on them, such as games, and other "entertainment". Also, calculators and other electronics that help kids solve problems makes them dumber. If they are allowed to use calculators in elementary, and get all the problems right, in college, can they cheat? No. Textbooks work your mind more than tablets

• Kids would play games

Okay look I'm a kid so you should not because from my opinion i would play games and so would some of my friends. Because I'm in eighth but in sixth we had i pads to do work on kids were taking pictures and playing games. So say NO okay

• Tablets make it too easy to get distracted

Using tablets makes it easy to get distracted and use the tablet for things other than educational purposes.
    Tablets also need to have access to WiFi or have cellular data, both of which cost.
    Tablets can cause health problems, such as headaches, eyestrain and blurriness.
    And tablets also will be outdated very soon, with our technology ever-increasing, tablets will eventually be old and unable to stand with our current technology, therefor making us find a different option.