• Yes! (well....the same percentage at least)

A flat tax is the only 'fair' tax system. A progressive tax system is unjust to those who are wealthy whereas a regressive tax system is unjust to the poor. A flat tax ensures that everyone is paying the same percentage of their income. This simplifies the tax code for everyone.

• This system would be easier to understand.

Taxes should be the same for everyone. They should at least be the same percentage of an individual's income. This would be a much more equitable way for the government to get its operating funds, and individuals would better be able to estimate how much they'd have to pay annually. Our current system is very difficult to understand for the average citizen. Having a flat tax rate would greatly simplify the entire system.

• Simple is better.

I agree with what the above comment said. Not only would taxes be easier to understand, it would also (hopefully) reduce the amount of people necessary to run organizations like the IRA. Unfortunately, if taxes are simple then a lot of companies will lose business, but that is life. Over all a flat tax rate would be best.

• Taxation with representation sucks too!

There should be no federal income tax, payroll tax, or corporate income tax. Americans should be taxed on what they purchase, which would put in place a national sales tax which would be around 7%. Without federal taxes being taken out of workers paycheck Americans would be able to take home their entire paycheck, and spend more. If we passed fair tax legislation today, we would be able to better fund Medicare and Social Security, and slowly privatize both programs. If you want to learn more about the fair tax go to fairtax.Org.

• Same Tax Rate

A flat tax rate is a fair tax rate. It would be also easier for new tax payers to understand. T R U M P
    ye yea ye aye aye aye aye aye ay eayr and vote Trump for pres oh yea lets goo d j trump for office yep

• Yes it is

Why shouldn't everyone pay the same rate? That is the fair and honest thing to do. Just look how much more income the Government would have to waste. . Maybe not having to barrow from others to waste on other countries, When you should focus on your own "Americans" first.
    There is no excuse any American or child should ever go without in this country, , SAD

• If you work hard and make more money than other people you shouldn't be punished.

In what way does it make sense that people who work harder should have to give more of their money to the government? If I am going to spend years and years in school and work long hours to make a lot of money, Why should I be giving more of this to the government than people who either don't have a job or have a lower paying job?

• This would change some people not paying taxes

More people who pay taxes the lower the tax percentage will be overall this changes weather people would be allowed to have tax havens from the US and in other countries. Skipping out on taxes is wrong the tax percentage should be the same this would help lower class citizens because the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few

• Incentivize career growth

Why should someone who goes to school and gains a degree have to pay more than those that chose to stick with a normal job? Perhaps they should pay less taxes so they can afford to pay off the school loans that they have requested in order to achieve an occupation

• It should be the same for everyone.

No one is greater than anyone. Everyone is equal in the eye of God. And it is not fair for people to get high taxes and other people low taxes. And Donald J Trump is not a good person. He is unjust and not fair and a liar. There needs to be a better president.

• Progressive Tax Systems are the fairest.

Progressive tax systems were designed to ensure that those who get the most benefit from society (i.E. The highest income) should pay the most. The currently tax system has too many loopholes for the wealthy, e.G. Capital gains and dividends taxed at only 15%. Offshore accounts is another loophole where billion of money that should be invested in the USA is sheltered offshore, usually in illegal activities.

• Vary Taxes Based on Actual American Job Creation

The left likes to say the rich should pay their fair share. The right likes to say that we need lower taxes to create jobs. So why not allow tax write-offs based on hiring people, in America or investing in companies that hire more American workers? If we only give these tax cuts to people who can show they are creating jobs it will greatly stimulate the economy.

• I don't think that people should all pay the same amount of taxes.

Some people say that it would be fair if everyone payed the same taxes.If everyone payed the same amount of taxes, it would definitely not be fair. What if you were poor and can barely get crusts for dinner, would it be fair if you payed the same amount of tax as the rich?!?! ABSOLUTELY NOT!!! Many of the poor have VERY little money and what happens if they can't pay their taxes, then they would get fined and owe even MORE money. So think again if you said that it would be fair.

• Simple Logic is the Key

If you studied all night for an "A" on your final college exam (and made a perfect score), how would you feel if the teacher decided to take twenty points (20%) and distribute these points to a student who made a sixty (in the name of "equality") how would you feel? It's the same thing with taxes. In a truly free society, you shouldn't have ypur hard earned money taken to pay for someone who had just as much as an oppourtunity to make the same amount of money as you.

• Give the poor a break

Giving the poor high taxes is a non thing. But giving the wealthy higher taxes saves the poor and the government still gets the money. All are created equal. The poor eventually having the same amount of money as the wealthy creates jobs for the wealthy, if their no longer employed. This might also slow down illegal immigration, and job growth for non Americans leaving job openings for residents.

• I was on the fence.

I personally do not believe in taxes in the first place but I understand they are the only way for the economy to stay afloat with the current National Debt, and Governmental structure. There are ways to change this but I digress. I really do not believe in a flat tax but a " Pay-As-You-Go " tax. I believe tax should have a flat fee and then as you use begin using services you get a tax added for that service. Say I put my kid in a private school, but I own property, I should not have to pay a property tax towards schools. I should only pay a tax for owning the property that goes towards the city I live in for things like sewage, recycling and other things a property owner generally uses. And lets say I make 250k a year. I should not have to pay more than someone who makes 100k. I work just as hard for my money. I believe that is a form of financial discrimination and an injustice to the people who make larger amounts of money. I should not have to pick up the slack for the governments poor decision making and some officials incompetence.

• Taxes should not be the same for everyone

I do believe in a tax system that allows people to "save" money for certain expenditures and investments. For instance, I think the mortgage interest deduction offers encouragement for home buying. But I also believe our tax system needs a serious overhaul. The current system is not fair and puts too much burden on those with less money.

• A "Flax Tax" is regressive and hurts the poor significantly more.

If everyone were taxed the same, the poor would have proportionately way less disposal income compared to the rich. Although they are getting taxed the same %, the rich would benefit both by having more fiscal agency (not living paycheck to paycheck, affording education/career/**insurance!, etc.) and the myriad long-term benefits.

• We shouldn't have the same tax

Some people don't raise as much money as others. If someone only got 100 and thay had to pay that much thay would have no money to buy food or clothes. Or if someone got a 1000 a year then they might last. But if some one got 1000000 thay would still have a lot of money

• We shouldn't pay the same amount of taxes.

We should NOT pay the same amount of taxes because what if you had a very small home and no family then you wouldn't have enough money to pay for taxes, if you were in a money crisis then you wouldn't be able to pay for your home and that would make many more people homeless and depressed which could lead to death and or cuts on the humans body, So I say NO to having people pay the same tax money.

>