• Sure. If they want to.

If school shootings are going to be more common, then teachers should be allowed to carry (concealed) a handgun to protect themselves. How often will the unarmed person die? Always. How often will the armed person not die? Not as often as the unarmed guy. So it's about teachers were allowed to defend themselves.

• Protection for the students

If someone with a gun comes into the school, there is only so much the single police officer in most schools can do. We would defiantly need to screen teachers to make sure none of them would kill a student if angered too much, but overall the protection given would keep school shootings to a minimum.

• Yes yes and yes

Because if you think about it the police officer will take alone time to get to the shooter in time then theres kids dead already. You just have to think in big schools theres a lot of land that has to be covered by the police officer at school, and other things for theme to worry about. YES TEACHERS SCHOULD CARRY GUNS!

• Tttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt gg gh

Tttttttttttttttttttttttt j j j j j j jjj j j j j j j j j j jj j j j j j j j j j j j j j j j j j j j j j j j j j j j j j j jj j j

• If they are licensed

Some people don't trust teachers with guns because they might get mad and shoot a student, but what they may not realize is that it's the same risk with police officers. Police officers face some of the most exasperating situations and in my opinion can have an even higher risk of going over the edge than teachers. I'm not saying to give guns to all of the teachers because that would hurt more than help, but those who are licensed should be able to carry in a school.

• Yes of course

People may not trust teachers with guns because they might get mad and shoot a student, but what they don't realize is that it's the same with police. Police officers often face extremely exasperating situations, and in my opinion Police could possibly have more of a chance of going over the edge than school teachers but the are trusted none the less. I'm not saying we should arm a bunch of probably untaught people with guns because that would possibly hurt more than it would help. Teachers should be allowed to carry guns but should also be trained and if deemed necessary take anger manegment classes.

• Yes no doubt

People may not trust teachers because they might get mad and possibly shoot a student but the same thing can happen with police officers and in my opinion they are even more likely to get frustrated because their job is full of exasperating situations. I understand that some teachers are unstable so probably only the people who are licensed to carry should have guns, but still yes teachers should be allowed to carry guns.

• If an important situation happens

Yea its not a good influence to se teachers with handguns straped to their sides but what if theres a situation like sandy hook again ???? What will we do we cant just let students and staff die if you can trust them with a job to teach kids why not let them help protect them ???

• To keep the children and themselves safe.

Teachers should be allowed to have(not carry around)firearms that they can access to. I live in Texas and pretty much every person you encounter, you will meet some one with some sort of self defense weapon. Now everyone will say, no they will kill other teachers and students, but that's your only argument. I firmly believe teachers should be allowed to have access to a firearm.

• Only in the most needed moments

Shooting do not happen as much as people say, but you should be prepared. People might say that these things will never happen to them but by being prepared there is no need to be as worried. If you are prepare the event will be less of a threat to the people in the school.

• Teachers no guns

I do not trust teachers. I think they might kill a student if angered. I do not trust teachers. I think they might kill a student if angered. I do not trust teachers. I think they might kill a student if angered. I do not trust teachers. I think they might kill a student if angered. I do not trust teachers. I think they might kill a student if angered. I do not trust teachers. I think they might kill a student if angered. I do not trust teachers. I think they might kill a student if angered. I do not trust teachers. I think they might kill a student if angered.

• No they should NOT

Ok,so imagine teachers carry guns. First,will scare a bunch of silly kids. And second they might kill someone.A teacher might not really be trusted with firearms or whatsoever of that kind.And teachers are supposed to teach people,not carry guns around or whatever.Lets just leave the safekeeping to the police,and teachers teach there stuff,ok?

• NO,NO and NO

There are way to many unstable teachers in the U.S
    I am a senior in high school and if you seen some of the teachers that have so called "Taught me" you would understand why I say no. How can I trust a teacher with a gun when they cant even control themselves? Yes I understand that there are some great teachers out there and there always will be but there will always be bad ones too. Why not pay the money and have a full time police officer or military member at every school? A school could afford to cut a couple thousand from the superintendents salary in order to keep the kids safe.

• Teachers should not carry guns in school

Teachers with permits should be allowed to carry guns like other citizens with permits. Teachers should not have guns in school. Unless teachers are trained like police officers or soldiers, there is too much chance they will shoot or kill students in a high pressure situation. There is too much potential for deadly violence. What happens if a student takes a teacher's gun either by stealth or by force?

• You can't get swept up in paranoia

Believe it or not there's a reason why police officers can be armed to the teeth. It's because they have months or even years of training under their belts so that they handle themselves properly in dangerous situations. It's the same reason why members of the military are trained and not just handed weapons and told to pull the triggers. A random teacher with a gun is more likely going to hurt themselves or a student as opposed to an attacker. Maybe if you wanted to hire well trained security personnel or at the very least send the teachers through a very extensive training program then you could equip them with something like a taser. But no way should a teacher have a fully lethal firearm.

• Teachers should not carry guns!!

I do not believe that teachers should carry guns. I understand that people want that because they believe that would decrease the death toll in school shootings, but I believe that in reality that would increase the occurrence of school shootings dramatically. Some teachers are unstable and may, in anger, turn the gun on a student.

>