Should teachers be allowed to have sexual relationships with their students

Asked by: Patches8410
  • Love is love

Who are we to shun teachers for having relationships with students. Obviously is the age difference isn't that big then it should be allowed like a senior in h.S should be able to pursue a sexual relationship with the 25 yr old teacher. I don't see anything wrong with it they are both 18 and over then why all the big thing with teachers and student relationships being a big no no

• Very Complex Argument, Case by Case Judgement

I think if the student is very close to 18 or above the age of consent where you are, I think it should not be scandalised unnecessarily. It destroys too many people's lives, not only the teacher and her family's, but also probably damages the student as well much more than if you just let it go.

• Yes, Teachers should be allowed to have a relationship with a student.

First things first, the student should be at least 18 years of age. If (s)he is of age then I don't see why not. There is no need to bring up middle school or elementary school because they are obviously not 18. Seniors in high school should have the privilege to have a relationship with a teacher, current or former. Plus if it really bothers the school or district, have the student take the tests/exams in a different room, somebody else grade them, and record they know the teacher isn't doing anything to abuse power. Seniors should be able to have to freedom to date whoever they want and not be pulled back because of this.

• Its only natural

Students and teachers should be able to engage in consensual sexual relationships. A students life is dominated by biased social hierarchy. In some cases young boys or girls are isolated because they are not wanted sexually, and it affects their health and confidence. The average age of virginity loss is 17.1 and 18 for girls and boys respectively. Roughly the age of consent and highschool/ college ages. Teachers spend several hours with students and may form bonds naturally from closeness. Who are we to say that attraction is unnatural. Sex with teachers can help students can get rid of urges, focus on school work, and get rid of unhealthy social context of sexuality as a prize and rather a natural release.

• Only if they are not your student

Within the legal age of consent - and so long as they are not the teachers student directly. The problem is how can an instructor be fair and impartial grading a student if they have a relationship?? The next question should be - is it ok if a student's teacher is their own parent? Is there a problem with this? Yeah i had this as sub when i was a kid - the kids in class acted up - my mom buried them in homework because of it - I didnt have to do it lol.. So yeah.. You see. That is a problem and will always be.. Other than this - its not the teachers direct student - there is no abuse of power. -- it falls under regular relation laws. Period.. Done no debate.

• Hey, just being real

Teachers are in a position of power and that can be hot asf. A lot of girls like men or other woman (depends on your preferences) who have power and authority (hence why so many women are attracted to successful men). I think if it were allowed it would be healthier anyway, since the fact that it’s bad makes it 10x more attractive.

• There no problem

There would be a problem if the student was under age but if the student is of age I don't see the problem. People should be able to date whomever no matter the role they have in your life. Love is love. Why tell people otherwise. It makes no sense.

• Age is a major factor

The age of a student is a massive point because if the student is under the age of consent then it is wrong. However, if the student is above the age of consent say 17 or 18 in the UK then it should be ok as they are more aware of the severity of relationships. Even though teachers are in a position of power. So are many people in society. If we can't date people in a position of power then we cannot date politicians, anyone in the army, navy, air force or emergency services. We can't then also date anyone higher in position then us in our workplace. Therefore it depends on the age under 16 UK no, Over 16 yes.

• I see no problem

We get so judgmental over the small things like students and teachers, but does it really matter. As long as the student is 18 years old then it is legally responsible for most things. Chances are they are in 12th grade the last year of high school and it's just a fling. But in retrospect they need to know boundaries such as school is school and home is home. Which in turn can be a great lesson no pun intended.

• Lets Be Honest

If there's a hot teacher, you dream of having sexual encounters with him/her, you imagine what (s)he looks like naked. It would be a confidence booster and effectively a life lesson, and would increase happiness in some cases. I think it should be allowed, providing you are of consenting age.

• Say it with me: Abuse of Power.

What happens when teachers use their power to pressure their students into sex? What happens when they abuse that power to give their students good grades in exchange for sex?
    There are far too many things that could go askew. It's not worth it. Also, it removes the student from the pool of available people in that age group.

• Age is a major factor

• This is truly disturbing

Besides teacher's and students having major different ages, regardless if the student is a legal adult, school is made to be a place for people to learn! That is what is was made for! I find it truly disturbing that 50% of people who have answered yes to this poll. Teacher's and staff are really doing a good job on making school a sexualized place. With all the sexist dress codes for girls/young woman and now preying on the students themselves. You are an adult, why can't you find another adult to have a relationship with, hell go on a date another teacher who works there not a student. I also feel that female teacher's get a pass when they have sex with a male student, because "that's a teenage boy dreams", that's is utter crap, that same teacher would most likely be the one who tells her female students to not wear a tank top, because it's "too revealing". It's psychological abuse, sexual harassment, and should not be allowed anywhere. But I'm am truly disgusted that people agree with this. Also I just want to say that title doesn't actually clarify whether this for just strictly high school or high, middle, and elementary school, because believe that still happens there as well. Teachers having sex with an 8 year old.... Let that sink in.

• Too Many Boundaries Violated

I assume we are talking about two adult here, 18 or older, Such as a college student and a professor. I won't even discuss an adult teacher having a relationship with a minor. Talk about boundary violation!
    Even in the case of two adults, I do not think teacher-student romantic relationships should be allowed / engaged in. There are way too many necessary boundaries at stake. A teacher is an authority figure with power, Possibly great power, Over the student's academic and vocational career. There is no way that teacher can be as objective as he or she usually is (however great or little that may be) if dating or sleeping with a student. There is no way that student can develop a normal educational relationship or mentoring relationship or advisory relationship with that teacher, While sleeping with him or her, Either.
    And that is assuming the relationship ends well! If it doesn't, Look out, One or both parties! It can spell career destruction for either person.
    And, The whole thing is not a necessary risk, So why allow oneself to get dragged into it:
    If the people involved really care about each other and want to get to know one another, They can and wait until the teacher-student relationship has ended to pursue their physical relationship, Or end the teacher-student relationship earlier than planned in order to move on to the physical relationship.
    If the people involved just want sex, They can easily look elsewhere.

• No students should not date teachers

Teachers should not date students because they are practically our parents in school and they should be teaching us right from wrong. And having a relationship with a teacher or a student will have a negative impact at the end, like that specific teacher could fired from work and will not be able to get a job ever again or get arrested for statutory rape.

• Is this really appropriate?

No matter the age of the student, a teacher should definitely go to prison for trying to have sex with a student. It is not your job to have sex with your students, it is your job to teach your students. People say that love is ageless, but with minors. However, if the student is in high school or if they know what they're doing, they should be able to get punished by the school and/or the legal system. An elementary or lower-middle school student shouldn't get in trouble for it because they probably wouldn't know what they're doing, but most high school students know about sexual relationships and are driven by it. A student in high school is perfectly capable of saying "no." If a teachers tries to bribe them, they still should say "no." Students need to learn to not give in to peer pressure because teachers can be bullies too. These high school students just get satisfaction while these teachers get persecuted. I don't think that students should get the same punishment as teachers; they should get a smaller punishment, but still, they did it. Unless the person is graduated from high school (or even college if this is a college student), having sex with teachers should definitely not be allowed.

• Is that really appropriate?

• I hate to say this, but....

I GREATLY value love. It's like my most important thing. But if the student is young, an absolute no. We don't want pedophiles dating our 7-year-olds. But even if they are what I consider the age you should be able to date "older people" (16 or 17), I'd still say no. The teacher might get distracted, the student might get distracted, the teacher might give the student a higher grade, there's just too many things that could go wrong. However, I think it's perfectly acceptable for a junior in high school to date a teacher IF the teacher doesn't teach them. If you fall in a relationship with your teacher, just switch classes. I know it's a lot of paperwork, but love is important, and so is a productive class.

• This is just a bad idea.

No, teachers shouldn't be allowed have sex with students because it is unprofessional and disruptive to the school environment. However, these teachers shouldn't go jail as long as they didn't screw anyone younger than 13 or so. They should just get fired. Sure, having sex with a student is a bad idea, but it's nowhere near bad enough to put someone in jail. (Really, nobody should go to jail for having sex with a teenager.)

Magnesium1541 says2018-06-13T00:44:38.810
If they are of the AGE of consent, maybe around 18 or above, then I think maybe it should not as heavily penalized. The problem is that is also illegal at least in America.
>