• Why shouldn't they?

I find that teachers work harder than the average human being. They do multiple jobs all rolled into one such as they are nurses, Mathematicians, Pros in English lit and even historians. They have to teach 20-30 every day and try to keep the kids interested. That's a hard job to maintain considering that all kids want now and day to have everything handed to them and not work. They have to keep the kids of our future interested in education and to try to make a difference in their life. - a student (cadence laszlo) i hope this helped you guys form a better argument

• Yes they do

Teachers work day and night at school and home working on student paperwork. They have family's at home yet they still stay at school till 8:00. Teachers also have to put up with student nonsense and manage to control them.Teachers get their students ready for the next grade therefore they deserve a raise.

• Are you serious

Teachers send time in school teaching and they go home and contiue working, they grade papers at home, i know i would not bring my work home and do it because i want to be payed for my time worked, but they are selfless enough to grade papers at home and have them the next day, plus they are constantly checking emails to make sure they respond to everyone. Some teachers even put their own money into their classrooms. At the rate they are getting paid they cannot afford to own a house, they deserve a pay raise

• As a parent who sees lots of homework

My kids teachers send homework with notes instructing me to work with them on these subjects (which I have no problem with) I see my kids progress more and understand better when I teach them. Then I see coloring projects they bring home that they did while they were in school. Teachers get paid way more than myself and I have to work AND be the teacher at home.

• No. Teacher's should not get paid more. Considering what they do, they are not equally working the amount they get paid.

Teachers now a days usually let kids in their class grade there own work and teachers pretty much only have to help kids learn by using there books and educational techniques. Thus, though teachers do work lots, they don't deserve a pay raise. If they receive a pay raise, they would not be earning their pay. A pay raise for teachers also makes it so the school gets less money witch could go to another part of the school.

>