Should teens be allowed to play violent video games?

• Yes they should

Ryan Holoyda
    Parten
    ELA, 2
    11/9/18
    Teens should play violent video games
    Teens should play violent video games. There are many reasons why teens should play violent video games, 3 of those reasons are it is helping scientists discover things, It decreases real-life violence and the graphs prove this.
    Teens should play violent video games because it is/could help scientist discover things. For example, This game called Foldit is an online video game. The players solved a puzzle to help cure an Aids-like disease in monkeys. This took only 3 weeks, While scientists have been trying to solve this problem for over 13 years. As you can see this is one of the many reasons why teens should play violent video games. There are plenty of reasons, Another of which is the fact that video games are distracting people from doing violence and it is decreasing violence.
    A second reason why violent video games should be allowed to be played by teens is as the violent video games increase the real-life violence decreases. According to U. S. News, “Several studies, Such as by psychologist Partick Markey and economist Scott Cunningham, Have linked the release of popular violent video games with immediate declines in societal violence. ” As you can see video games aren’t the problem. Now I know there has been violence with young MALES that play violent video games sometimes commit violence, However, Most young males do play violent video games. Another thing is the shootings that do happen are from mentally ill people. So if you look a bit deeper into the problem, Guns are the real problem. If you look at the data you can also see with violent video games the violence decreases.
    A third reason why teens should play violent video games is if you look at the data you can also see with violent video games the violence decreases. With the data, There are also some real-life people who still think video games aren’t the cause. On CNN Chris Grady, A survivor of the February 14 shootings at Stoneman Douglas High School in Florida said, “ I grew up playing video games. . . First-person shooter games and I would never, Ever dream of taking the lives of my peers. " Another source called scientificAmerica also has some ideas on it that are like other websites. If you look at some other graphs that show the relation between video games and violence you see the violence is decreasing when video games are going up.
    All things considered, When you look more at the data you can see that playing video games don’t cause violence. Some reasons to back this up is if you look at the graphs it shows as video games increase violence decreases. Another point to back it up is that video games could also help scientists discover things.

• I say no because...

Many kids will act like there in a video game and can be violent. I know some teens or kids will say "But its just a game" . My brother used to play violent video games and would be violent with me and my family, like getting a wooden stick and hurting the tree or pretend he was in a fight and would do stupid hurtful moves on us. I don't recommend violent video games

• Yes they should

I understand some teenagers play violent video games, but most of them are responsible, and won't get into trouble. Parents should chose if their kids are able to play violent video games. For an example I have played call of duty before, but I've never had an erg to shoot someone.

• Teens should be allowed to play violent video games.

Teens should be able to state the difference in reality and in game situations. People need to face real world situations and stop turning into little sissy and soft people and face the facts that if your kid can handle it and understand that its fake, then there is no problem.

• Yes they should

SOME kids do not know the difference between fantasy and reality but most do. It is the parents desicion on rather they should be allowed to play the game and it is the parents ok when they say that their son or daughter can buy a rated M game. I personally think they should because it normally does not cause any violence

• They should be able to Play

They should be able to play because they are old enough. You aren't allowed to play around your siblings you can get them to go away and do something else. If you are one of the people who face not being able to play around siblings i suggest using my advice.

• Social Impact from friends

Would you not agree that sometimes the social peer pressure from friends would sometimes encourage some teens who feel enormous stress to fit in to play these "violent" games just for the sake of playing these games despite the fact that they have been warned of the possibly gory in game setting? Also some teens might enjoy the game and if these teens became good at the game, they might become popular?

• Yes of course they should

Teenagers should know how to fIght for their safety and don’t be afraid of fighting most of our kids get kiddnaped easily because we didn’t teach them how to fight when they are in danger also our kids are smart enough to know when to use there violace and surely they wouldn’t walk in streets killing people as in the games because they have brains

• I believe it is safe

I have been doing research on this topic, and I see only one reason teenagers shouldn't play M rated games: if there is sexual content. Violence is included in many PG-13 movies, and there is no reason why violence is a big problem. GTA I understand is not a good game for kids until they get to age 18. But violence like in Call Of Duty is alright.

• Yes all the Way

Teens are smart enough to not go around and kill people and hurt people from a video game. Teens can make their own decisions because they are you adults. They should be smart enough and not dumb to the point they don't kill people. I hope they are and the parents should teach their kinds from right and wrong.

• No they shouldn't

Kids today can't do anything on their own. Most of them are mean and nasty people. I have seen some of them make their own parents cry. One time a little girl karate kicked another person because she saw Wario do it on a video game. Can you believe that?

• It is just wrong

When you play your violent video games if you think about it you are killing people and/or you are brutally murdering them. You may find it fun, but if you decide that is what you want to do for life, you can join the army. Then when you are finally in the field, you shoot someone and no longer a game it is reality and that dread builds on you. It is wrong that some one would even think about playing a game that basically makes you lose sympathy, when you play killing some one is exhilerating, in real life you want to go over and say "sorry" That is why I think that it is just wrong

• No they should not!

Because A 17-year-old kills his mom and dad, a father kills his 17 month-old daughters. Was it because of depression or anger? No, it was because of violent video games. This may all sound psychotic but it is all true, including a stabbing in Wisconsin just for a fake video game figure. How would you feel if this was your son or daughter? Teens should not be allowed to play violent video games because the content in video games is too much to handle, they become future murderers, and it blur’s the difference between reality and illusion.

• It is definitely wrong

I don't teens should play video games because it affects their brains, which might make them think that what happens in games is the right thing to do in real life. Also there has been evidence that shows that some teens kill their parents or friends just because games show us ways to kill and some killing my be lend to when that person is angry or depressed.

• I say no teens should not be allowed to play violent video games.

• I say no teens should not be allowed to play violent video games

Because A 17-year-old kills his mom and dad, a father kills his 17 month-old daughters. Was it because of depression or anger? No, it was because of violent video games. This may all sound psychotic but it is all true, including a stabbing in Wisconsin just for a fake video game figure. How would you feel if this was your son or daughter? Teens should not be allowed to play violent video games because the content in video games are too much to handle, they become future murderers, and it blur’s the difference between reality and illusion.

• No I do not think this

Why because it creates the teen violent and makes them think after so many times of playing it thy will think that they are the ones in the video game and to the same thing.Mothers often argue with there kids because of these frustrating games.When thaey play these games so often they can learn curse words that can get them in huge truble

• No way kids are not being voilnet

KIDS WILL GROW UP AND BE MANIACS WE CANT LET THEM BE CRAY and wild what has this world become like seriously all parents who let there kids play this violent games like grand theft auto and call of duty actually kids are hitting other kids because there getting killed on there stupid games

• Nooo they are losers

They mak tings go boom boom. They are realy jus teroist who make peple feel bad and they quick scoped me on call of duty infinfte warfare. I was on of a fiv kill streak.They are a bunch of loser that cant even quick scope the right way losers haha

>