Should teens be required to take parenting classes?

• I'm 14 and I agree

I'm about to go into high school and I agree. I think that sometime while we are in high school we should be be required to take a parenting class. Yes, my school offers it when you are like in your third year of high school I think. BUT, I feel that it should be required...In my opinion.

• I'm 14 and I agree

• Should defiantly be mandatory if it requires real life activity

Kids these days are starting to lose care in everything they do. Unprotected sex, is one of them. More and more teens are getting pregnant at such a young age, and have no clue what's around the corner. How to change a dipper for example. Or to extend, how to bathe, or teach their children properly. Children teaching children is very difficult, and therefore mandatory classes will result in teens being a little more "prepared" and will hopefully scare them out of unprotected sex. By the early morning feedings and staying up all night. They will also learn that their life would be 100% dedicated to their child. Meaning no more late nights out and/or no more partying.

• Yes we all need to learn at an early age

Most teens that get pregnant have no idea what they are in for. If they have to take a class it will either make them not want to have kids so they will be less likely to unprotected sex and/or they will know what to do when a baby does come into there life.

• Its reel gud

Its gud & i like it. It sounds like a gud idear in my option. More teens need to no the doos and donts of the world. I thunk parenting classes 4 teens is gud. I hoep u enjoyd my option. I want to heer ur options 2 so hit me up thx

• Yes, teens should require a parenting classes

I believe that teens should get parenting classes regardless of them wanting a child at that age or not. In addition, its really good for future reference. It is also useful for unprotected sex, or mistakes that could happen. In conclusion, i think that having a child is a huge responsibility, because anything would impact the child's life in the future.

• Even if a teen says he/she wont have kids, that could change.

In most cases it does, in fact 3 in 10 teen American girls will get pregnant at least once before age 20. That's nearly 750,000 teen pregnancies every year. Parenthood is the leading reason that teen girls drop out of school. More than 50% of teen mothers never graduate from high school according to dosomthing.Org.

• I believe it is not right

This I say because they should know being a parent is a big deal and having a baby to soon can ruin their whole life and being a parent isn't just giving them shoes and clothes yes should give them the right kind of treatment but it's also about being in their life . And many teens should know the responsibility of being a mother and father and mother is a big step in life and they should that their lives will change after one is because their limited to having their own private time and their child or children will ruin their fun forever until their old enough to have children of their own and they will soon know how you felt when u had them

• I think they should

Teenager pregnancy have increased since 2011 many of those are younger then 20. Having this in place will help and prepare them for what is to come. If they are taught then social services and other child services wouldn't have be involved and would not be wasting tax paying money training social worker as there would be few causes. Children who grow up in dysfunction family are more likely to be involved in crime and drugs which can all be reduce if this came to light.

• Teens don't know what there doing

Some some some some some some some some some some some some some some some some some some some some some some some some some some some some some some some some some some some some some some some some some some some some some some some some some some

• No that's stupid

Teens shouldn't be made to do sex ed classes. There are people that would be grossed out, and not to mention it's kind of racist. You know how these programs always have pictures like this? They're all white girls in the room! Like there's not a single other type of person. Black teens have sex too. The people that make these are racist.

• This is hard to talk about.

I do think that having classes available to teenagers is a smart thing to do but not all teenagers end up having kids. Another thing this would do is rule out any other method of parenting. We would create a standard that parents would have to abide by and then parents that would teach their kids different things would get judged. Maybe if there were classes outside of school about parenting it would be better but I don't think teens should be required to take parenting classes.

• I'm 13 and i don't think they should

Just because they wouldn't understand how real it is they would neglecket the child like i was i don't want any other child to be forgotten or hated because their parents think its a game like an online mmo or simulation you need to understand its real and you should not need a class to be a good parent

• No no no

Opening teens up to this might make them feel like they are ready and able to have a child because they "know" about it. Sex education should be required but not this. A lot of teens may be getting pregnant but that means you need better sex education classes. Ok.

• No. That makes no sense.

Parenting isn't an inevitable thing. Some people are childfree, either by choice or for biological reasons. It would be discriminatory towards them.

This will also worsen indoctrination. The schools will indoctrinate the future parents with their methods, which will rule out culture.

Having kids is like eating meat. It is both a choice and a biological function. Schools don't teach us how to eat meat. Our parents do. Similarly, parents are taught by their grandparents, and should be, since it preserves culture.

The Pro is asking for a "The Giver" society, in which our only purpose is to replace ourselves, and to do so in the exact manner ordered by the State.

• Not all teens.

While it is indeed a good idea to have classes for parenting outside of school (so as not to embarrass students and to not waste money on schools), it is pointless to force this on all teens, as all teens do not become parents. Rather, we should teach them how awful it gets once you get kids, and that you want to get rid of that thing in your stomach as soon as possible.

>