• This design to see if people agree or disagree is completely confounded and very bias.

We all can say that all drugs have effect on our mind. Especially if our mind is developing, Imagine all the young teens that will have easy access to this now that an older member of the family could just buy it. No one will give a rats ass. This fuckin country is gonna legalize it all across America. Really who gives a fuck at his point

• Absolutely it Should Be

Reduce harm
    The criminalization of marijuana use disproportionately harms young people and people of color, Sponsors massive levels of violence and corruption, And fails to curb youth access.

Create jobs
    Legalizing and regulating marijuana will bring one of the nation's largest cash crops under the rule of law. This will create jobs and economic opportunities in the formal economy instead of the illicit market.

Save money
    Scarce law enforcement resources will be better used to ensure public safety while reducing corrections and court costs. State and local governments would acquire significant new sources of tax revenue from regulating marijuana sales.

Promote consumer safety
    Marijuana product testing is becoming a standard requirement for legalized marijuana markets. This means consumers are better informed about the marijuana they use.

• Absolutely Legalize It

It is illegal for no reason, it is safer than alcohol or nicotine. Yes, it is still a dependence that one should not rely on, but imprisoning people for possessing like 3 or 4 grams is morally unjustified and the ones that still support prohibition are completely out of their minds and haven't done any research at all.

• It’s not as negative as people say it is

There’s no supporting evidence that it has negative effects on people or that it’s addictive then there’s the proof that it helps with many health issues. We shouldn’t keep it illegal due to outdated ideals and stereotypes. It’s also a n economy booster as shown in legal states. And the fact that we arrest a large number of people for simple possession of a natural plant is appalling.

• Legalize the herb

Cannabis is a plant.

It has medicinal properties and provides an ideal avenue of therapy for those in need or a relaxing way to unwind for those that want. When comparing the lethality of the recreational use of 10 common drugs, including marijuana, alcohol, tobacco, heroin, cocaine, ecstasy, methamphetamine, diazepam, amphetamine and methadone. Researchers found that marijuana has the lowest risk of mortality and is safer than the commonly used alcohol and tobacco as well as the rest of the drugs.

I believe it is asinine that I can go buy cartons of cigarettes, bottles of alcohol, refill my pill prescription, but I can't buy a plant. Aren't all of those things way worse for my health than a plant?

Support for legalizing cannabis in our great state continues to rise and I believe Texans deserve to have access to this healing plant.

Even if you don't support cannabis usage or don't care about the issue, it will still affect you. Countless tax payer dollars are being used in our state to arrest and jail Texans for using cannabis. We're losing out on big financial gains for our state and instead punishing honest Texans for what is a civil right.

To put it in perspective In 2010, the state of Texas spent a quarter of a billion dollars enforcing marijuana laws, and a staggeringly high percentage of those put through the system were arrested for mere possession. That money would be far better spent elsewhere on schools, infrastructure, tax relief, or literally anything else less ludicrous than putting herb smokers in prison. Conversely, cannabis businesses in Colorado for example, reported roughly $1.1 billion in legal sales of medical and recreational marijuana and related products in 2016. Clearly the time has come for reform in the law on something that should not be an issue at all, but an intrinsic right as a human being.

Cannabis is a plant.
    Legalize the herb.

• It definitely should.

Marijuana has negative effects on people... But so does alcohol and so does tobacco, and nobody is arguing against them. It can help alleviate some patients' pain, and Colorado's crime rate has decreased ever since it was legalized there, so no. Crime would not increase. It also would save millions of dollars.

• <3Marijuana<3 it helps through so much.

Marijuana has helped me in my depression state, along with constantly after. Im happier, im healthier, im at a healthy weight rather than stick thin or pumpkin fat. I am glad that i have marijuana to help balance me out. Marijuana was, and is my anti-depressant, its my sleep-aid, and its my hobby. I just dont want a plant thats not even a drug to be illegal because of christian beliefs, try it, smoke it, feel how it works, it slows you down and makes your senses better. Just try!!

• Texas go green

I am saying go for it and then have dispensaries so u can go buy some and go home roll it and smoke not harming anyone like alcohol be 21 to buy and I'm hoping it's soon I'm supporting it 200 percent almost half of tx wants it legal so let's get on a the ball and do it will create jobs and will not make ppl get in trouble for smokein better to lock up a methhead or a drunk leave ppl who smoke alone we r harmless

• Legalize it !

Legalize it or not , half of the state is still gonna smoke it ;))
    unlike alchihol weed is not exactly addictive , it would be more like a craving you have after a week or so over chocolate .
    Also unlike alchihol it dose not make you go crazy .
    Weed is like 1 medacine for 10 problems instead of 10 medacines for 1 problem.
    And it being illegal is only harming more people than it is helping . If you do happen to legalize it i have no imput on the age limit becuase i started when i was 9 years old and there just so happens to be NOTHING wrong whith me , my grades are just fine ( passing) and i interact whith people just fine.
    Weed is nothing horrible , if anything it is like 114X better than alchihol : (In fact, alcohol was found to be the deadliest drug on an individual level, at least when it comes to the likelihood of a person dying due to consuming a lethal dose. Heroin and cocaine were the next most deadly substances, followed by tobacco, ecstasy, and meth. Trailing up the rear was marijuana.) and or 10 times safer than tabbaco : ( https://patients4medicalmarijuana.wordpress.com/marijuana-info/marijuana-vs-cigarettes/ )
    weed dose also contain endorphans that make you a WAYY happier person, beleive me ...

• Do more research on the negatives that are not biased.

It shouldn't get legalized because there is a lot more we need to know about it.
    I know a few teens at my school who do the drug, and began acting mentally challenged.
    Even my older brother did it, he started talking to himself. PLEASE do more research that
    is not biased to people's positive opinions.

>