• Wrongful celebration. . . . Over rated

Its insulting to celebrate massacre. Its now mire about getting together and spending with families. The lies to kids needs to be stopped our schools shoukd not teach lies about what really went down. Only by knowing our mistakes can we leaen from them. Its time we start making things right for the wrongs. Doesn't mean take away but we need to redirect the wording and changw the teaching of our children

• It is celebrates industrial murder against the natives population with biological warfare and hurts the bird population the diseases we gave to natives small pox

The disease that followed are small pox plague and various other things and plus we celebrated their death and what is that called oh yeah a fuckin genocide and plus If I were in charge of this country when I’m in office I will ban this holiday just of for fun

• Racist and sexist

Thanksgiving is a racist holiday to celebrate because it has a history of white supremacy and is still a white supremist holiday that has no place in any shape/form in the US today. It is highly unacceptable to have a holiday that slaughters innocent turkeys and celebrate the time we killed many wild Native Americans in this land. It is highly unnecessary because it reminds us the hardships and the racism Native Americans had to go through. It is sexist because a female has to cook the dinner and it shows the traditional gender roles. Shouldn't a gay man or a non binary transgender do the dishes? This holiday is just plain racist and sexist. It should be removed from American culture same to Christmas because it has a history of a white man named Jesus behind it which says a lot about us.

• Thanksgiving is GAY

My stupid mom took away my xbox last thanksgiving because I called my grandma the N word. She's stupid and dumb and I hate her and I hate thanksgiving because I losed my xbox! She's a poopyhead and also i hate the whites for killing the indians and lying about it for thanksgiving.

• Turkey lives matter

Slaughtering millions of turkeys to be thankful ( while lying about it) and being glutttons on a Thursday. And also thankful we took someone else's land for our OWN greed and and slaughtered their culture cuz it wasn't religiously correct. Hashtag no thanks. True families do come together but why just on holidays? And the next day how did it get called black Friday? Maybe buy out Friday? Or sale of the year day? And 3 extra days kids have off from school? I think kids should go at least the Tuesday- Thursday and have the Friday off.

• It is a lie people were massacred!

The truth is that the holidaywas and is celebrating the defeat, debauchery, death of people. It was giving thanks for extinguishing entire villages, tribes of people who had a right to live as they were. The history books do not teach the whole story. It is a shameful part of US history, just as slavery is

• President Lincoln proclaimed Thanksgiving in 1863

No, Absolutely not. The holiday was proclaimed by Abraham Lincoln as a day of -- wait for it -- thanks to God for all our blessing. (Google it if you want. ) This was for ALL Americans, Everywhere. THAT'S what the holiday is about. Wrongs have been done by all races since the beginning of time but it's not a day to focus on grievances. Are we seriously unable to take one day to be thankful for our blessings? If so, We're in a sad state indeed. You can choose: being angry or being thankful.

• It's an American holiday

Thanksgiving is an American holiday, it shouldn't be banned because of turkey or Indian massacre, and comparing it to slavery won't solve anything, tell me one civilization that never enslaved other people or its own. It's shameful that some people think that Americans are betraying their own country, just stupid.

• Thanksgiving is an American holiday

It is an american holiday where families come together and celebrate football, hot meals, and together-ness. No need to be banned, if it is offensive or degrading, don’t celebrate it, don’t ruin family bonding for others.

Thanksgiving should not be banned. Keep family time and love. Thanksgiving has become for family, let it remain that way

• It's a good day to eat

Well, turkey is a very good eat. Although it can be eaten everyday... Why not wait for that special day to share with others? Also, let's not forget the humanity we shared so long ago among the Indians and pilgrims despite the tensions. I say let it remain here forever!!!

• No it should not be banned.

Any holiday tradition should be allowed to thrive, even if it goes against other religions. They are made to celebrate a certain time, date, and place. By banning one holiday you are going against all freedoms in the constitution since it is a persons right to practice and believe in whatever they feel like.

• Let us celebrate.

Thanksgiving should not be banned. Thanksgiving is a large part of American history and how all of us came to be in this wonderful country. In modern times, Thanksgiving is about getting family together and celebrating. Every year I enjoy hearing people take the time to reflect on what in life has made them thankful. This is a good tradition that everyone should practice.

>