• Lets focus on educating rather than prosecuting

Teens are sexually active beings and are not as naive as what most people think. If we really want to prevent pregnancies, STD's and cherish the value of sex as a society, restrictions is not the best way to go about it... We should focus on educating teens the possible harms of sex rather than trying so hard to promote abstinence because teens are going to have sex regardless. In addition, we waste more money on jailing adults who've done no harm to the consenting teen.

• Yes,it can benefit us

Many people do not realize but lowering age of consent could give us numerous of benefit.One of the most significiant benefit is lowering rate of teen pregnancy.I would also say that lowering age of consent could protect prepubescent children from being molestate/abuse.While having sex with young adults is not wrong.

• Yes sure why not

America stays one of the top highest teen pregnancy rate in the world and the age of consent over there is 16-18.Just because an older person is x years older than the younger,that doesn't mean there would always be an abuse.Abuse can happen in any relationship also between two consenting minors.

• Yes let's place at 12/13

Just because some countries place the age of consent at 12/13 that doesn't mean over there would be higher rate of sexual abuse crime and teen pregnancy,you are completely misunderstood.In phillipine ,age of consent is 12,there is much less rate of child trafficking,teen pregnancy than the US.USA should lowered it.

• Yes,it should be

Lowering age of consent would help to reduce the rate of teen pregnancy in which nowaday is the major issue that has brought to our society.Countries which low age of consent has less teen pregnancy rate.But however i would support close in age.The age difference between two partner should be less than 10.

• Stimulation and Sexuality are normal... Damnation of such creates imbalance ... Life and love!

The damnation of the human body and human sexuality is in actuality what creates so much of the problems we have in our world. We focus on and encourage so much the attainment of greedy and selfish needs that we lose sight of ichthyology and our root connection with all life. That which should be prioritized, peace, love and uplifting through resource sharing, learning, educating... The overall betterment of ourselves and the world as a whole has been replaced with the self-destructive path of war, jealousy, possessiveness, hate and ultimate self-loathing.... The solution is to take a good look at ourselves as life beings, the world we have around us and the system structure we have built from time of basic instinct survival and see that we have now evolved to a higher level and must eliminate much of the nonsense industrial surroundings holding us back and forcing us into these bad corners of backlash self-harming.... Back to roots of balance... All falls into place then .. As equals... Let teenagers be the age they are and fall in love and not be made to feel guilty... We are so imbalanced right now that we have so many groupings.. Separatory .. Social class levels etc... Back to roots, back to life and love!

• Sexual stimulation is as normal and as crucial as the ability to breath

The damnation of the human body and human sexuality is in actuality what creates so much of the problems we have in our world. We focus on and encourage so much the attainment of greedy and selfish needs that we lose sight of eachother and our root connection with all life. That which should be prioritized, peace, love and uplifting through resource sharing, learning, educating... The overall betterment of ourselves and the world as a whole has been replaced with the self-destructive path of war, jealousy, possessivness, hate and ultimate self-loathing.... The solution is to take a good look at ourselves as life beings, the world we have around us and the system structure we have built from time of basic instinct survival and see that we have now evolved to a higher level and must eliminate much of the nonsense industrial surroundings holding us back and forcing us into these bad corners of backlash self-harming.... Back to roots of balance... All falls into place then .. As equals... Let teenagers be the age they are and fall in love and not be made to feel guilty... We are so imbalanced right now that we have so many groupings.. Separatory .. Social class levels etc... Back to roots, back to life and love!

• Yes, with some regulations.

The age of consent hurts many young people today. Young people get together and do their thing not thinking about it. Many of these times, they get charged for rape because the other people is just a little to much younger than them. Obviously the age of consent being lowered should not apply to older individual having relations with younger individuals.

• Yes it should be lowered

Adolescence are going to be exposed to por no graphic content, They will experiment with the opposite sex so that they can feel the same excitement and stimulation other individuals feel. Especially during puberty with raging hormones. Raising it still wouldn't prevent adolescence having sex. Lowering it would be feasible. This is because when adolescence start trying sex even at a tender age they wouldn't be breaking the law.

• Yes it should

It should. It is the parents job to look for a good education in their kids. If a 18y sleeps with a 15y old = JAIL for life
    This is stupid and very harmful.
    But the US is always behind Europe, Because the US is still dominated up to 70% by religion = fantasy

• Sex should be moved towards adult age

Many young people are having a lot of sex today and producing babies at an alarming rate and it is leading to kids not graduating and progressing in life. Age consent in my opinion should be moved up to the age of 21 that would allow for more structure and force society to really take a look at what sex is suppose to be about.

• Yes they should

Because there are kids under the age of 18 that can make informed decisions. As long as you teach the child what sex is about and how to perform it safely then i think it's ok. Should there be an age limit? Of Freaking course there should be an age limit, And i think it should be lowered to at most 13.

• Age of Consent between child and adult should not change

The age of consent in some states is 16 with the restriction the other party is not more than 25; and a lot of states the full age of consent is 17 with no restriction to the age of the older adult. I think this is appropriate in most cases. However, I do disagree with same age teens being prosecuted for having sex with each other. For example, there are several cases where two teens had consensual sex and both were charged with the other being listed as a victim in their case. This is wrong. I agree teens should be waiting, but in the over-sexed society we live in where sex is used to sell almost anything it is inevitable.

• Let's leave those laws alone, please.

No, the age of consent law should not be lowered. Here in the United States, the law varies from state to state. In some states, it's the same as the age of majority, which is 18. In other states, it's as low as 14. But kids already lose their innocence early enough.

• No it should not

No, the age of consent should not be lowered. If someone over 18 is having sex with someone that is the age of consent it is wrong, and any less they should be prosecuted, because they are simply taking advantage of a child. It is good where it is at.

• Keep the age of consent.

The age of consent is 18, and should be kept there, if not raised. As a 30-year-old I think back to my 18th birthday and realize how much of an ignorant child I still was. And I was a kid who read a lot and studied a lot and tried to learn as much as possible. You need time to really gain knowledge.

• Let's leave those laws alone!

No, The age of consent law should not be lowered. Here in the United States, The law varies from state to state. In some states, It's the same as the age of majority, Which is 18. In other states, It's as low as 14. But kids already lose their innocence early enough. RAISE TO 19 YRS OLD

• Lowering the age set by Authority would further lower the "socially acceptable" age

People break the age of consent law regularly in many places. However, They only break it by a mild degree, Most people are not worried when a friend is having sex 1 or 2 years before they are allowed to legally, No one cares because socially, We see it as a very small thing.

However, When you lower the age of consent further, This is the age kids will grow up with in mind. So hypothetically, When you are nearing that age and your friends having sex, You won't worry because "oh it's only 2 years. " But, The truth is that (let's say) 20 years ago, The age of consent was 3 years older. So, What we see is that if that old age of consent wasnt lowered, They would be breakign the law by 5 years which is significantly greater.

This shows us one thing. Lowering an age restriction of pretty much anything is not going to solve problems, Its just going to put the problems on another age group. People often think Children are smarter than we give credit for. Before I say what I am going to say, I am 17 myself. Yes, We have skills, We are smart but, We are biologically ready, We have been taught enough about the risks in sexual contact, But theres a lot of things we don't know, When I was 15 I thought I knew what love was, I thought I knew enough to get me through life, And tbh, Lust can get pretty strong and people don't know how to say no to peer pressure at this stage, We are well developed socially but not completely.

People will break the age of consent and if they are really ready for sex they won't be stupid and get caught anyway. I'm not going to bring up any arguments about teen pregnancies because there are many ways to prevent that that don't involve abstinence.

• Why should it?

Then voting, Driving, Running for office/becoming a politician, Joining the labor force/ labor union, Drinking yeah DRINKING, Smoking, To buy gun/operate a gun/obtain a gun license etc etc etc, Woah! So many things have age restriction & are said to be reasonable, Says who? If you change age of consent then change the minimum age requirement accordingly for the above too.
    If they are old enough to procreate then they should have other functions attached to that.
    Otherwise your a pedo who cherishes child prostitution and pedophilia, Thats it.

• No, Not even a little.

The human brain is still developing at even 18. Let's be honest, Kids and teenager even young adults don't always make the best decisions. As a parent and obviously a previous teenager, My viewpoint has changed. As a teenager I would have said yes, But I also didn't know what I know now. A persons personality and desires change dramatically from the ages of 16 to 30