• Definitely yes, Perhaps 12 even

Teach better sexual education in schools
    But sex should not be something feared.
    You can't put an age on when someone is ready for sex, everyone matures at their own pace
    But a 13 year old is responsible enough to make this desicion.
    Expecially if they learn about safe sex, sti's and pregnancy earlier
    then they can make responsible choices

• Yes as long as both families agree. Humans know right from wrong when they are around 7.

They should also have to get a job and work at 13. Americans are just gonna get fatter and lazier and soon this country will start treating people in their mid 20s like children. We need to get back to the way things used to be. Americans are immature because they have terrible parenting. I started working in my dad's shop when I was 8 years old, graduated high school at 16, had save my first 10k (that I earned myself) before my 18th birthday, graduated college at 19, and paid off my home at 29. I also became sexually active at 13, I knew the consequences of my actions because I was made to take more and more care of myself at an early age. Parents now days want to hold their kids hands until they are 30. It's time for Americans to grow up. I'm not saying it's right to prey on the young, but what parents are doing isn't good either, stop sheltering and start letting them be responsible for their own actions.

• Because once you're of age to reproduce, you're fair game.

Once you're of age to reproduce, you should fair game in the dating world. "Kids" younger than that used to take on much more adult rolls years ago, but we're so involved in coddling and sheltering kids these days that they're happy with spewing the "I'm just a kid" excuse well into their 20s. If you're worried about lowering the age limit because they cannot make such "adult decisions" then why is the age of consent 16 or younger in most places? 3 years doesn't make much of a difference to me. They look pretty much the same and damn sure aren't smarter in a lot of cases. We should be striving to prepare kids for these types of decisions earlier on so that they can choose for themselves if they want to engage in such activities. I find most girls will start losing their luster after about 21-30 years old anyways, so lowering age of consent standards will only help girls to find these aggrandized romances they've been so indoctrinated to seek out, and maybe they'll learn that there are more important things to focus on than all the lovey dovey, material romance BS promoted by the media. They'll also be that much more physically desirable for an even longer period of time. BTW I am not a pedophile. Pedophilia involves attraction towards prepubescent children, not young adults. I just happen to prefer my women unspoiled by age and cynicism.

• The age of consent was the fault of homophobic feminists

The age of consent was raised from 13 to 16 in 1885 in the very same bill that criminalised homosexuality. It was the result of campaigning by puritanical anti-sex feminists who essentially believe that 'All sex is rape'.

13 year olds are mentally perfectly capable of understanding the consequences of their actions to the required level as they have already lived longer than the life expectancy of many animals (e.G. Dogs, cats) most of whom would reproduce at a much younger age.

Not being allowed to have a sexual relationship at a young age can result in an increased risk of lifelong celibacy and failing to have any offspring at all (women have a biological clock, you know). This can of course result in depression and suicide.

• Lower the Age of Consent to 11 !

- 11 is usually the age humans start being able to reproduce
    - To help avoid criminalizing sex between two high school pupils

It is obvious that the age of consent is much too high in most of the world, The reasoning behind placing the age of consent at 16 is deeply flawed. After all who is likely to give a young person a good time? Someone well experienced or some fumbling kid? I think i know what I would prefer if i were a kid again.
    If Spain can place the age of consent at 13, then why cant the rest of the world do the right thing and place it at 11?

• 13 Year Olds Are Both Mentally And Physically Mature Enough

13 year olds are both mentally and physically mature to have sex and not get the female party pregnant. Both families should know and agree, and both parties should be using protection. Otherwise, 13 year olds can very well be in love, and if it's an act of love, go ahead!

• YES they CAN give consent... NO it ISN'T rape if they give consent...

First, here is the definition of consent:

Consent- permission for something to happen or agreement to do something. (or), The act of giving permission for something to happen.

If the 13-16 year old is educated properly about sex and knows how to practice sex safely, then how do they not know what they are doing?!?!?? If they give give consent, understand the consequences of practicing sex, and their sexual partner is safe and responsible, then why should it even matter if they have sex?

I bet the real reason behind this "consent" bullshit is that parents can't cope with the fact that an older gentleman is sleeping with their daughter. Or maybe it's because the dad is frustrated by the fact that his son was able to lose his virginity much younger than him.

-note-

This was written by someone bellow the age of 17. (Not some 40-50 year old creep)

• When does a girl become a woman who can decide if she wants to have sex or not?

Did you know everyone under legal age (16, 17, 18) is physically a child and mentally not mature enough to decide if they want to have sex or not.....And then.....When they turn legal age they all of a sudden become a woman and they all of a sudden become mature enough to decide if they want to have sex or not.......Im being sarcastic......You people who think it's ok to put guys in jail for having consensual sex with a woman, not a child, a woman, your not going by logic on this topic your going by emotion then.

• Basic human rights

It isn't the prerogative of the State to dictate when a person can consent to a relationship. There should be no age of consent laws, period. Who is to say a 13 year old isn't even allowed to determine whether they exercise their own judgement and relationships? Most 13 year old girls wouldn't have any sexual interest in someone their father's age, but if given the chance would explore the possibilities with someone in their 20's. I believe young people should be treated as people and not possessions.

• 13 is the perfect age

At 13 girls are young with tight bodies and oozing with sex appeal. Look at any 13 year old girl these days and their hygiene is impeccable. They are mature ans fully capable of making these types of decisions on their own and they should be allowed to without consequence.

• 13? No. 14? Maybe.

Where I live, The age of consent is 16, Which I think is the right time. However, That's not to say people younger are capable of making informed decisions. However, Before they can, They need to know the risks that can come with those decisions.

When I was in Middle School. I was about 13, Maybe 14. It gave me enough reason to be cautious around sex and to know what's at stake (pregnancy, STDs, Sexual abuse, Etc. ). Then, Of course, They would need to learn more about what they can use to prevent those effects (condoms, Birth control, Etc. ). So, Before anyone can engage sexually, It's best that they know the risks, As well as preventative measures before they can consent to such activity.

However, I will say one thing that might make me a bit more privy to the idea, And that's close-in-age exemptions. Basically, Someone can engage sexually with someone under the age of consent, If and only if the age gap between them is minimal. For instance, Maine and Hawaii have the same age of consent in my home, But have close-in-age exemptions, Allowing people who are 14 and 15 to engage sexually provided that the gap between them and their partner is less than 5 years.

So… if youth are more well informed about the consequences of their actions and close-in-age exemptions were made in effect, I would be in favor of lowering the age of consent. However, If someone asked me if the age of consent should be 13, My answer would be "no".

• No. Freaking. Way.

The human brain does not finish developing until age twenty five. There is no way the age of consent should be twelve years before then, When a solid half of kids haven't even finished puberty yet. The age of consent should be the same as the legal adult age: 18. This makes things way simpler, When you are old enough to vote, Get married, And join the army, You are old enough to consent to sex. Https://bigthink. Com/videos/what-age-is-brain-fully-developed

• That’s so wrong

The age needs to be upped to 18. A child is a child until they are 18, They are all still in education and should be focusing on that. Sex at a young age isn’t healthy it can cause a lot of damage both mental and physical especially to vulnerable children.

• 13 isn't even highschool age maybe 14 or 15

The age of consent should be lowered but 13 seems a little young (maybe if I give I more thought but right now I don't think so) but maybe like 14 or 15. Or if the age of consent was lowered to when someone starts highschool that'd be better than what it is right now. Once you start high school that's when you generally find out more about sex anyway.

• Are you serious?

Where do i start? Would you want your daughter being finger banged and having her tiddies sucked on by a 60 year old man? If so, That leads to all nre questions about you and how often you yourself touch your little girl. You nasty wanting to diddle little kids.

• No teenagers are not rational at that point

While it could be given wiggle room not that much, Speaking as some 3 years past 13, 13 year olds are inherently bad decision makers and can't yet decide what's good for them with the same certainty that adults can, And while the aoc does only extend 4 years older then the age if consent, Having basically 7th grades hooking up with juniors is bad because, The older teens would be bigger or stronger and have a position of power over the younger teen, Which could lead to sexually aggressive behavior from those on the position of power or even sexually abusive relationships

• Pretty f***ing Obvious

Well this is a pedophile breeding ground. A child (that is what he/she is by definition) lacks the cognitive ability to give an informed and forward-thinking decision. This is why many children are susceptible to non-consensual relationships in the first place, And hence are prone to manipulation by the offender.

Lowering the age would give way to manipulation becoming rife, Much more than it already is despite the illegality of statutory-rape. In the court of law, An adult could coax a child into having a sexual relationship with them, And then defend this with the idea of 'consent'. Once this has occurred, The child could sustain severe mental trauma (perhaps PTSD? ) from the relationship, Aswell as physical injuries, Due to a huge difference in body development

Anyone who can not see that an adult acting sexually with a child is rape is either likely a child being a child (lacking reasonable forward-thinking), Or a person with pedophilic desires- both of which we as a society should not consider the opinions of as a relevant moral or legal compass.

In fact if you scroll through some of the arguments, You'll see one person who seems to prefer those of a younger age, Due to them being "unspoiled by age and cynicism". Ew.

In contrast, I feel that consenting younger persons should be legally allowed to have sex, Of course. If there is some way that the legal system can lower the age of consent, Whilst maintaining the ability of keeping people over the age of 16 and people underage sexually separate, Thereby still preventing statutory-rape, Then I'm all for that.

• No no no

No Way They Are Still Babies And Not Mentally Mature enough to be involved in such behaviour children should be playing in parks not preforming sex acts on nasty grown people who are attracted to babies, Lock them dirty bas***ds up and leave the kids alone, I'm sure this is made up by some sick peado ring

• Is sex between a 13-yr-old and a 33-yr-old ok?

This argument is not about 13-yr-olds being mature enough to consent to sex. This is about legalizing PEDOPHILIA. Lowering the age of consent would result in the legalization of pedophilia. There is no amount of reason that makes it sane for an adult to be attracted to a 13-yr-old's personality and mind; their maturity levels are miles apart. It is a disease of the mind. All who said "yes" to this nonsense are pro pedophilia.

• No no no

No no no no I don't want nonces in my country

PathtoWisdom says2021-10-13T17:45:05.727
Most states don't have a minimum age of criminal liability. So they literally think a 14 year old can commit a crime and be tried as an adult, And ackowledge the fact that she/he can make a desicion, But can't decide if he/she wants to be touched or not. That's stupid. I also want to adress the Austin Jones case. The internet celebrity "forced" a teenager to send him her videos while twerking. He forced her, That's wrong. But a 14 year old is both physically and mentally mature enough to make desicions about his/her body. And she made a video about the case, Crying all over the video just for the views in my opinion. She is using Austin for views. And he is in prison. Girl, You were 14, Not 8. Of course it was wrong for him to force her, But the girl is playing dumb for views on You Tube. Austin got 10 years in prison which is really stupid. American laws on age of consent MUST change.