• It should be atleast 14 maximum in our world. Any higher harms teens who usually have had sex by then.

The focus should be on "CONSENT" not age.

Okay, This argument will trigger all kinds of people in the worst possible ways, Core and root transgenerational trauma, Dragging it all up triggered but here i go:

18 is not some magical age for sex.

To truly forfill the goals of that argument, Then 25 is when brain development stops. And 30 is when your ecconomically mature enough to have a baby in the 21st century first world.

Before the puritans got into politics the age of consent used to be 10. It was raised in order to prevent child prostitution and moralized by the religious with the phobia of child rape.

Which actually makes sense for the religious specifically to have. . .

The bias in this argument exists because we live in a vacuum of sex education(also caused by religious ascetics. ) kids aren't taught how to have sex, Boundaries, Communication or about consent in general - or any thing you need to know to be having both physically and mentally safe sex. Kids are instead taught "OBEDIENCE TO AUTHORITY FIGURES". And it's not a wonder why things can and do go so very wrong. Kids aren't taught to think critically or for themselves. Their individuality is compromised from the get go.

The moment a person develops a lubido, They are then physically ready for sex. Not just with people their own age, But with 30 year old adults. And multiple aggressive men if you like. . . The sinister narrative around sex comes from religious sexnegativity creating a history of sexual scarcity - essentially forcing people to satutorily rape each other out of a martialized need to guarantee paternity. Thowing very real human sexual needs to the wayside.

And unlike puberty that usually starts around 8, The lubido although it usually matches it can start as late as 15 or as early as 5 in very rare cases. Once it starts, The fustraightion builds that causes aggression. For males it often Becomes physical but for females it usually becomes social. This is the "REAL" reason why teenagers are so difficult. In the ancient world during education of either sex "pederasty" was used to manage this.

If your honest with yourself, Which bunch of horney teenagers don't want to have sex with their hot 30 or so year old teachers? THIS is or more was a normal thing for humans to do!

The age of consent exists to prevent children from being sexually exploited by adults via a legal punishment. And by classifying all underage sex as statutory rape. This is socially reinforced by the horror of sexual violence being employed against children and the shaming of the natural lubido as spiritually unclean and without value outside of romantic intrests.

The hard truth is that out of the fear of the rapists that our own society has created by classifying recreational sex as a vice - instead of a basic intrinsic human need - we are socially collectively sexually repressing our own human children!

• 13 is reasonable, But it should be 10 or 11

It is biologically natural for men to feel attracted to younger females (Behavior seen in other species as well). Consent should be permitted since the early years of puberty when the girl is already in reproducitve age. 10 or 11 years old seem reasonable, Allowing the girl to choose the sexual partner she desires without limits on age difference. This would also prevent unfair and useless criminalization of men based on normal and natural behavior.

• Yes, It should be lowered to 13.

13 year olds are mentally and physically ready to consent. Age of criminal liability is even lower than that. So a 10 year old can be tried as an adult, And be held responsible, A 13 year old can vey well consent. They are mentally ready. And 13 is way past puberty so they are physically ready as well.

• Yes, It should be lowered to 13.

If age of criminal liability is as low as 9, That means we acknowledge that a 10 year old has the capacity to to literally kill someone and be tried as an adult. If a teenager can decide something and be held responsible to be tried as an adult, They can certainly know if they want any kind of contact. With the right education, We can also protect the youth from unwanted situations such as blackmailing etc. Overall, That means the youth are mentally ready by the age they can be tried as adults. Also 13-14 is way past puberty so physically, People are ready from that age. 13 is a good age to set the age of consent.

• They will learn one way or another. . .

Wouldn't you rather teach your kids how to have safe sex? I'd prefer to teach my kids then to let them struggle without any direction like most of us. And with the proper demonstration's, Teachings, And experiencing, They can get into the fun stuff much earlier, And explore what they want from sex and sexual relationships, As well as the fact that 'slutshaming' could be done away with. The word slut should be a compliment, Not an insult. I only wish my male counterparts had a word similar to this, So that they too could experience being sex positive, And fully comfortable with who they are sexually.

• I would have felt much more freedom at a young age

Parents should try to protect their children from harm at any age, But their offspring are not their property. These are individuals capable of making their own decisions. I was raised in a strict, Puritanical household, But I dreamt of the freedom of learning about my sexuality from someone more experienced and who wouldn’t judge me like my family and peers. I was highly sexual and very curious about everything, And I felt extremely guilty and shameful for it. I never acted on my urges, And I feel a great sense of loss from it.

Consent should be personal to each individual and purity culture should be seen for the harm it does to young people.

• Probably even 10-12

Yes, I want to f**k 12yo girls. They are cute and have wonderful young bodies, And they already want it. It's nobody's business what they do with their own bodies, Even if you don't like it. Plus, They're doing it with boys their age anyway, Why not with someone older and more mature too?

• At that age they are old enough in nature. They should be allowed to love who they love

People at taht age are old enough for sex I feel like love and sex is a personal choice and not the government to tell us who we can or can't date. Just because one party is older dose not mean they are taking advantage of them. As long as nobody is being abused or taken advantage of or anything then I think it's fine. Why should the government even set a limit on age gap it's non if their business. Like why is the government telling us who we can date.

• Younger girls are hotter and sexier

The younger the female the better the sex will be because they are easier to control, More innocent and easier to manipulate into having sex with you and they are weaker making them easier to overpower what will make it easier for you to tie them up, Gag them, Chloroform them, Force your self into them and anything else you might want to do to them, So yes the age of consent should be lowered to 13 or maybe even better we could lower it to 7

• Teen girls are hot

I believe that the younger the female is the better the sex will be because they are easier to control, Overpower and manipulate they are also weaker so they are easier to force your self into what is so hot so yes the age of consent should be lowered to 13 maybe even to 7

• You guys are f***ing disgusting!

No children at the age of 13 do not have the brain power to give consent. They can't understand the idea of of having sex or what it takes to care for a child since THEY ARE A CHILD. You guys are f***ing pedophiles, Does f***ing kids turn you on?

• People who vote yes are pedophiles.

Like what the f**k, Why would you lower the age of consent to 13? Are you trying to start a cult? God damn it what the f**k, Lowering it to 13 isn't ok, Its just WRONG, These boomers who vote yes just want to ruin their 13 year olds lives when they grow up.

• No it should not.

Anyone with common sense will know this is a bad idea and would not want this. This law is put in place like this to protect children and anyone who wants this to be lowered should be questioned. If it was lowered, People would abuse the fact that children are unable to understand what is really means.

• It’s plain wrong

At those young ages they still have the mind of a child they don’t have the ability to make that kind of decision can’t buy alcohol can’t buy a gun can’t join the military can’t make the decision to have sex kids at that age should be protected from predators

• I'm not a pedophile

Y'all who said yes need to be put on an FBI watchlist or something tbh. If you wanna f**k 13 year olds, Please get some help. At the very least never go near another child again. It seems odd that more people are willing to support degeneracy as time goes on.

• I'm 13 btw

Why would the consent age need to be lowered to 13? I wouldn't like to know that my son or daughter got STDs, Because they lust after sex at that age. I wouldn't like to see my daughter come home with blood between her legs and can't do anything about or my son or daughter got somebody or themselves pregnant now they got to support that baby. Also when I said son or daughter I meant hopefully future.

• No no and hell no!

The human brain is not fully developed until the age of 25, The Prefrontal Cortex, Which is responsible for problem solving, Decision making etc. . . We can't expect young children to completely understand how these decisions will influence or impact their life, And also leaves them vulnerable to predators. The idea of this is immoral and sick!

• I think it's absolutely wrong to touch a child and that's what that is!

They Have no idea at that age what life is about. I can honestly say I will kill a grown man if he touches one of mine. They are a child at that age and should not have to deal with out sexual things. How was you at that age? Could you make wise decisions about that stuff at that age

• Save Our Children

Pedophiles should be hung in the streets, And maybe people might think twice about letting thoughts about children enter their minds. Children under 18 are growing physically and mentally and emotionally, And any adult trying to have sexual relations with someone under 18 is only going to manipulate that child's growth in a way that is detrimental to their innocence and survival.

• Hell to the No!

13! Are you kidding me! At 13 a child does not fully understand the relationship behind sex! Must be 18 to join the army. . . Must be 21 to drink. . . Must be 18 to buy cigarettes, Why? Because CHILDREN do things on impulse! They do not understand the consequences of such large actions! Could only imagine the abortion rate sky rocketing over this! Children raising children. Foster care being an all time high! So many children not being able to support the consequences of pregnancy at this age! Hell to the no! Quit trying to push having sex with children as a thing! Nasty bastards!

PathtoWisdom says2021-10-13T17:45:05.727
Most states don't have a minimum age of criminal liability. So they literally think a 14 year old can commit a crime and be tried as an adult, And ackowledge the fact that she/he can make a desicion, But can't decide if he/she wants to be touched or not. That's stupid. I also want to adress the Austin Jones case. The internet celebrity "forced" a teenager to send him her videos while twerking. He forced her, That's wrong. But a 14 year old is both physically and mentally mature enough to make desicions about his/her body. And she made a video about the case, Crying all over the video just for the views in my opinion. She is using Austin for views. And he is in prison. Girl, You were 14, Not 8. Of course it was wrong for him to force her, But the girl is playing dumb for views on You Tube. Austin got 10 years in prison which is really stupid. American laws on age of consent MUST change.