• It should be atleast 14 maximum in our world. Any higher harms teens who usually have had sex by then.

The focus should be on "CONSENT" not age.

Okay, This argument will trigger all kinds of people in the worst possible ways, Core and root transgenerational trauma, Dragging it all up triggered but here i go:

18 is not some magical age for sex.

To truly forfill the goals of that argument, Then 25 is when brain development stops. And 30 is when your ecconomically mature enough to have a baby in the 21st century first world.

Before the puritans got into politics the age of consent used to be 10. It was raised in order to prevent child prostitution and moralized by the religious with the phobia of child rape.

Which actually makes sense for the religious specifically to have. . .

The bias in this argument exists because we live in a vacuum of sex education(also caused by religious ascetics. ) kids aren't taught how to have sex, Boundaries, Communication or about consent in general - or any thing you need to know to be having both physically and mentally safe sex. Kids are instead taught "OBEDIENCE TO AUTHORITY FIGURES". And it's not a wonder why things can and do go so very wrong. Kids aren't taught to think critically or for themselves. Their individuality is compromised from the get go.

The moment a person develops a lubido, They are then physically ready for sex. Not just with people their own age, But with 30 year old adults. And multiple aggressive men if you like. . . The sinister narrative around sex comes from religious sexnegativity creating a history of sexual scarcity - essentially forcing people to satutorily rape each other out of a martialized need to guarantee paternity. Thowing very real human sexual needs to the wayside.

And unlike puberty that usually starts around 8, The lubido although it usually matches it can start as late as 15 or as early as 5 in very rare cases. Once it starts, The fustraightion builds that causes aggression. For males it often Becomes physical but for females it usually becomes social. This is the "REAL" reason why teenagers are so difficult. In the ancient world during education of either sex "pederasty" was used to manage this.

If your honest with yourself, Which bunch of horney teenagers don't want to have sex with their hot 30 or so year old teachers? THIS is or more was a normal thing for humans to do!

The age of consent exists to prevent children from being sexually exploited by adults via a legal punishment. And by classifying all underage sex as statutory rape. This is socially reinforced by the horror of sexual violence being employed against children and the shaming of the natural lubido as spiritually unclean and without value outside of romantic intrests.

The hard truth is that out of the fear of the rapists that our own society has created by classifying recreational sex as a vice - instead of a basic intrinsic human need - we are socially collectively sexually repressing our own human children!

• 13 is reasonable, But it should be 10 or 11

It is biologically natural for men to feel attracted to younger females (Behavior seen in other species as well). Consent should be permitted since the early years of puberty when the girl is already in reproducitve age. 10 or 11 years old seem reasonable, Allowing the girl to choose the sexual partner she desires without limits on age difference. This would also prevent unfair and useless criminalization of men based on normal and natural behavior.

• Yes, It should be lowered to 13.

13 year olds are mentally and physically ready to consent. Age of criminal liability is even lower than that. So a 10 year old can be tried as an adult, And be held responsible, A 13 year old can vey well consent. They are mentally ready. And 13 is way past puberty so they are physically ready as well.

• Yes, It should be lowered to 13.

If age of criminal liability is as low as 9, That means we acknowledge that a 10 year old has the capacity to to literally kill someone and be tried as an adult. If a teenager can decide something and be held responsible to be tried as an adult, They can certainly know if they want any kind of contact. With the right education, We can also protect the youth from unwanted situations such as blackmailing etc. Overall, That means the youth are mentally ready by the age they can be tried as adults. Also 13-14 is way past puberty so physically, People are ready from that age. 13 is a good age to set the age of consent.

• They will learn one way or another. . .

Wouldn't you rather teach your kids how to have safe sex? I'd prefer to teach my kids then to let them struggle without any direction like most of us. And with the proper demonstration's, Teachings, And experiencing, They can get into the fun stuff much earlier, And explore what they want from sex and sexual relationships, As well as the fact that 'slutshaming' could be done away with. The word slut should be a compliment, Not an insult. I only wish my male counterparts had a word similar to this, So that they too could experience being sex positive, And fully comfortable with who they are sexually.

• I would have felt much more freedom at a young age

Parents should try to protect their children from harm at any age, But their offspring are not their property. These are individuals capable of making their own decisions. I was raised in a strict, Puritanical household, But I dreamt of the freedom of learning about my sexuality from someone more experienced and who wouldn’t judge me like my family and peers. I was highly sexual and very curious about everything, And I felt extremely guilty and shameful for it. I never acted on my urges, And I feel a great sense of loss from it.

Consent should be personal to each individual and purity culture should be seen for the harm it does to young people.

• Probably even 10-12

Yes, I want to f**k 12yo girls. They are cute and have wonderful young bodies, And they already want it. It's nobody's business what they do with their own bodies, Even if you don't like it. Plus, They're doing it with boys their age anyway, Why not with someone older and more mature too?

• At that age they are old enough in nature. They should be allowed to love who they love

People at taht age are old enough for sex I feel like love and sex is a personal choice and not the government to tell us who we can or can't date. Just because one party is older dose not mean they are taking advantage of them. As long as nobody is being abused or taken advantage of or anything then I think it's fine. Why should the government even set a limit on age gap it's non if their business. Like why is the government telling us who we can date.

• Younger girls are hotter and sexier

The younger the female the better the sex will be because they are easier to control, More innocent and easier to manipulate into having sex with you and they are weaker making them easier to overpower what will make it easier for you to tie them up, Gag them, Chloroform them, Force your self into them and anything else you might want to do to them, So yes the age of consent should be lowered to 13 or maybe even better we could lower it to 7

• Teen girls are hot

I believe that the younger the female is the better the sex will be because they are easier to control, Overpower and manipulate they are also weaker so they are easier to force your self into what is so hot so yes the age of consent should be lowered to 13 maybe even to 7

• What perv thinks this is ok?

13 year olds ARE CHILDREN. No one in their right mind would think a 13 year old has the emotional maturity to knowingly consent to sexual relations with an adult. 13 years olds should be shielded from predators who want to abuse them this way and anyone who is so delusional as to think that 13 years old is an adult should be punched in the face.

• No, the age of consent should not be lowered to 13.

At the age of thirteen, children still are very immature and don't completely understand the meaning behind their actions. They are too young to be having sex. At that age they are just really staring puberty and they don't understand how to protect themselves. The age of consent should be sixteen or seventeen.

• No Consent At 13

Although A 13 Year Old May Look As Though They Are Capable Of Making Decisions Of This Nature, In Actuality They Are Not And Regret It Later In Life. They Are Too Easily Influenced By Peer Pressure And By The Thought Of The "Act" Of Doing Something "Grown Up". Simply Put, Most Teens At 13 Are Naive And Don't Realize The Gravity Of An Early Pregnancy On Their Future.

• It encourages grooming and abuse

In the UK the age of consent is 16. I believe that this is the right age for the law to stand at. But to think that influential people believe that it should be lowered to 13, it just disgusts me! We cannot let these perverts abuse anymore young children and let them get away with it.

• Cannot give consent

Of course not, how is this even a debate? I was lead to believe that the age in question would be 16, but there's no way a 13 year old can give consent. Consent is the only thing that should matter, and the fact is that those under 16 cannot give it.

• Much too young

13 as the age of consent? I am sorry to say that even 16, in my opinion is a little too young and someone is suggesting to lower it to 13? Please forgive me but I am in total disagreement. 13 is the age where young teens just beginning to understand about responsibility even then, they are in a stage where they can easily be swayed into doing things that are harmful to them. At the age of 13, teenagers shouldn't be worried about sex and the consequence though I support the idea of teaching them in a proper channel about sex, family relations, responsibility and such but not the act of sex itself. Call me old-school or whatever other nasty names that some of you may have for people like me but I strongly believe that teen years are the years where children are transitioning into young adults. And that we as adults should befriend them while teaching them, within reason, the etiquette and proper conduct that will later make them splendid adults.

Adults are supposed to be role models. So how can a teen or a child look up to the adults for guidance in their quest to maneuver through this world when the adults themselves are suggesting things that even teens and children thinks is stupid?

Sorry but for this matter, my answer is a big NO. Children and Teens are meant to be nurtured, protected and taught and not asked such a question about consent for sex.

• 13 is much too young of an age

13 years old. Despite some called it the age of responsibility, perhaps that is not entire true. 13 is the age where children began their transition into adolescents which will later lead to adulthood. It is not the right age for the young one give consent to things as heavy as intimate relationship between a man and a woman. It is the age where these budding young adults just beginning to learn and discover their identities and what drives their passion and talents. Hence, it is actually the adults' responsibility to befriend these teens and teach them the virtues and proper etiquette that will be the foundation of an splendid and well-mannered adult. A teen may ask question but it is the adults' responsibility to at least listen and then explain in a proper manner. And not suggesting what is considered as something quite unnatural.
    This is my honest opinion on this matter and I shall say it once more, my answer to this is a big NO.

P.S: Instead of suggesting things like this, perhaps, it will better to suggest things that can help polish the teens' talents and passions in a positive light.

• That's messed up

Why are there more yes votes than no votes? It makes no sense. This has to be the most messed up thing anyone has ever seen in their lives? Who was the idiot who thought this thing was a good idea. Everyone vote no on this poll so we can save humanity

• This is an outrage

Children at that age has to have boundaries and limitations. They can be taken advantage of. A law like this can give pedophiles and sex offenders a green light to start molesting little girls and boys. If a law like this went into effect, more children could be scarred for life, or better yet, killed.

• Wanting age consent at age 13 or lower= support of pedophilia and teen pregnancy

I'm sorry but really?

Does anyone like shoving their genitals in or on a developing genital and risk harming that developing body?

Does anyone want children at a young age and risk the possibility of having their freedom taken away or have damaged bodies due to childbirth at a young age?

If so, then why?

It seems the Apocalypse is closer and more real than I thought. I fear for humanity's fate.

PathtoWisdom says2021-10-13T17:45:05.727
Most states don't have a minimum age of criminal liability. So they literally think a 14 year old can commit a crime and be tried as an adult, And ackowledge the fact that she/he can make a desicion, But can't decide if he/she wants to be touched or not. That's stupid. I also want to adress the Austin Jones case. The internet celebrity "forced" a teenager to send him her videos while twerking. He forced her, That's wrong. But a 14 year old is both physically and mentally mature enough to make desicions about his/her body. And she made a video about the case, Crying all over the video just for the views in my opinion. She is using Austin for views. And he is in prison. Girl, You were 14, Not 8. Of course it was wrong for him to force her, But the girl is playing dumb for views on You Tube. Austin got 10 years in prison which is really stupid. American laws on age of consent MUST change.