• It should be atleast 14 maximum in our world. Any higher harms teens who usually have had sex by then.

The focus should be on "CONSENT" not age.

Okay, This argument will trigger all kinds of people in the worst possible ways, Core and root transgenerational trauma, Dragging it all up triggered but here i go:

18 is not some magical age for sex.

To truly forfill the goals of that argument, Then 25 is when brain development stops. And 30 is when your ecconomically mature enough to have a baby in the 21st century first world.

Before the puritans got into politics the age of consent used to be 10. It was raised in order to prevent child prostitution and moralized by the religious with the phobia of child rape.

Which actually makes sense for the religious specifically to have. . .

The bias in this argument exists because we live in a vacuum of sex education(also caused by religious ascetics. ) kids aren't taught how to have sex, Boundaries, Communication or about consent in general - or any thing you need to know to be having both physically and mentally safe sex. Kids are instead taught "OBEDIENCE TO AUTHORITY FIGURES". And it's not a wonder why things can and do go so very wrong. Kids aren't taught to think critically or for themselves. Their individuality is compromised from the get go.

The moment a person develops a lubido, They are then physically ready for sex. Not just with people their own age, But with 30 year old adults. And multiple aggressive men if you like. . . The sinister narrative around sex comes from religious sexnegativity creating a history of sexual scarcity - essentially forcing people to satutorily rape each other out of a martialized need to guarantee paternity. Thowing very real human sexual needs to the wayside.

And unlike puberty that usually starts around 8, The lubido although it usually matches it can start as late as 15 or as early as 5 in very rare cases. Once it starts, The fustraightion builds that causes aggression. For males it often Becomes physical but for females it usually becomes social. This is the "REAL" reason why teenagers are so difficult. In the ancient world during education of either sex "pederasty" was used to manage this.

If your honest with yourself, Which bunch of horney teenagers don't want to have sex with their hot 30 or so year old teachers? THIS is or more was a normal thing for humans to do!

The age of consent exists to prevent children from being sexually exploited by adults via a legal punishment. And by classifying all underage sex as statutory rape. This is socially reinforced by the horror of sexual violence being employed against children and the shaming of the natural lubido as spiritually unclean and without value outside of romantic intrests.

The hard truth is that out of the fear of the rapists that our own society has created by classifying recreational sex as a vice - instead of a basic intrinsic human need - we are socially collectively sexually repressing our own human children!

• 13 is reasonable, But it should be 10 or 11

It is biologically natural for men to feel attracted to younger females (Behavior seen in other species as well). Consent should be permitted since the early years of puberty when the girl is already in reproducitve age. 10 or 11 years old seem reasonable, Allowing the girl to choose the sexual partner she desires without limits on age difference. This would also prevent unfair and useless criminalization of men based on normal and natural behavior.

• Yes, It should be lowered to 13.

13 year olds are mentally and physically ready to consent. Age of criminal liability is even lower than that. So a 10 year old can be tried as an adult, And be held responsible, A 13 year old can vey well consent. They are mentally ready. And 13 is way past puberty so they are physically ready as well.

• Yes, It should be lowered to 13.

If age of criminal liability is as low as 9, That means we acknowledge that a 10 year old has the capacity to to literally kill someone and be tried as an adult. If a teenager can decide something and be held responsible to be tried as an adult, They can certainly know if they want any kind of contact. With the right education, We can also protect the youth from unwanted situations such as blackmailing etc. Overall, That means the youth are mentally ready by the age they can be tried as adults. Also 13-14 is way past puberty so physically, People are ready from that age. 13 is a good age to set the age of consent.

• They will learn one way or another. . .

Wouldn't you rather teach your kids how to have safe sex? I'd prefer to teach my kids then to let them struggle without any direction like most of us. And with the proper demonstration's, Teachings, And experiencing, They can get into the fun stuff much earlier, And explore what they want from sex and sexual relationships, As well as the fact that 'slutshaming' could be done away with. The word slut should be a compliment, Not an insult. I only wish my male counterparts had a word similar to this, So that they too could experience being sex positive, And fully comfortable with who they are sexually.

• I would have felt much more freedom at a young age

Parents should try to protect their children from harm at any age, But their offspring are not their property. These are individuals capable of making their own decisions. I was raised in a strict, Puritanical household, But I dreamt of the freedom of learning about my sexuality from someone more experienced and who wouldn’t judge me like my family and peers. I was highly sexual and very curious about everything, And I felt extremely guilty and shameful for it. I never acted on my urges, And I feel a great sense of loss from it.

Consent should be personal to each individual and purity culture should be seen for the harm it does to young people.

• Probably even 10-12

Yes, I want to f**k 12yo girls. They are cute and have wonderful young bodies, And they already want it. It's nobody's business what they do with their own bodies, Even if you don't like it. Plus, They're doing it with boys their age anyway, Why not with someone older and more mature too?

• At that age they are old enough in nature. They should be allowed to love who they love

People at taht age are old enough for sex I feel like love and sex is a personal choice and not the government to tell us who we can or can't date. Just because one party is older dose not mean they are taking advantage of them. As long as nobody is being abused or taken advantage of or anything then I think it's fine. Why should the government even set a limit on age gap it's non if their business. Like why is the government telling us who we can date.

• Younger girls are hotter and sexier

The younger the female the better the sex will be because they are easier to control, More innocent and easier to manipulate into having sex with you and they are weaker making them easier to overpower what will make it easier for you to tie them up, Gag them, Chloroform them, Force your self into them and anything else you might want to do to them, So yes the age of consent should be lowered to 13 or maybe even better we could lower it to 7

• Teen girls are hot

I believe that the younger the female is the better the sex will be because they are easier to control, Overpower and manipulate they are also weaker so they are easier to force your self into what is so hot so yes the age of consent should be lowered to 13 maybe even to 7

• 13? No. 14? Maybe.

Where I live, The age of consent is 16, Which I think is the right time. However, That's not to say people younger are capable of making informed decisions. However, Before they can, They need to know the risks that can come with those decisions.

When I was in Middle School. I was about 13, Maybe 14. It gave me enough reason to be cautious around sex and to know what's at stake (pregnancy, STDs, Sexual abuse, Etc. ). Then, Of course, They would need to learn more about what they can use to prevent those effects (condoms, Birth control, Etc. ). So, Before anyone can engage sexually, It's best that they know the risks, As well as preventative measures before they can consent to such activity.

However, I will say one thing that might make me a bit more privy to the idea, And that's close-in-age exemptions. Basically, Someone can engage sexually with someone under the age of consent, If and only if the age gap between them is minimal. For instance, Maine and Hawaii have the same age of consent in my home, But have close-in-age exemptions, Allowing people who are 14 and 15 to engage sexually provided that the gap between them and their partner is less than 5 years.

So… if youth are more well informed about the consequences of their actions and close-in-age exemptions were made in effect, I would be in favor of lowering the age of consent. However, If someone asked me if the age of consent should be 13, My answer would be "no".

• No. Freaking. Way.

The human brain does not finish developing until age twenty five. There is no way the age of consent should be twelve years before then, When a solid half of kids haven't even finished puberty yet. The age of consent should be the same as the legal adult age: 18. This makes things way simpler, When you are old enough to vote, Get married, And join the army, You are old enough to consent to sex. Https://bigthink. Com/videos/what-age-is-brain-fully-developed

• That’s so wrong

The age needs to be upped to 18. A child is a child until they are 18, They are all still in education and should be focusing on that. Sex at a young age isn’t healthy it can cause a lot of damage both mental and physical especially to vulnerable children.

• 13 isn't even highschool age maybe 14 or 15

The age of consent should be lowered but 13 seems a little young (maybe if I give I more thought but right now I don't think so) but maybe like 14 or 15. Or if the age of consent was lowered to when someone starts highschool that'd be better than what it is right now. Once you start high school that's when you generally find out more about sex anyway.

• Are you serious?

Where do i start? Would you want your daughter being finger banged and having her tiddies sucked on by a 60 year old man? If so, That leads to all nre questions about you and how often you yourself touch your little girl. You nasty wanting to diddle little kids.

• No teenagers are not rational at that point

While it could be given wiggle room not that much, Speaking as some 3 years past 13, 13 year olds are inherently bad decision makers and can't yet decide what's good for them with the same certainty that adults can, And while the aoc does only extend 4 years older then the age if consent, Having basically 7th grades hooking up with juniors is bad because, The older teens would be bigger or stronger and have a position of power over the younger teen, Which could lead to sexually aggressive behavior from those on the position of power or even sexually abusive relationships

• Pretty f***ing Obvious

Well this is a pedophile breeding ground. A child (that is what he/she is by definition) lacks the cognitive ability to give an informed and forward-thinking decision. This is why many children are susceptible to non-consensual relationships in the first place, And hence are prone to manipulation by the offender.

Lowering the age would give way to manipulation becoming rife, Much more than it already is despite the illegality of statutory-rape. In the court of law, An adult could coax a child into having a sexual relationship with them, And then defend this with the idea of 'consent'. Once this has occurred, The child could sustain severe mental trauma (perhaps PTSD? ) from the relationship, Aswell as physical injuries, Due to a huge difference in body development

Anyone who can not see that an adult acting sexually with a child is rape is either likely a child being a child (lacking reasonable forward-thinking), Or a person with pedophilic desires- both of which we as a society should not consider the opinions of as a relevant moral or legal compass.

In fact if you scroll through some of the arguments, You'll see one person who seems to prefer those of a younger age, Due to them being "unspoiled by age and cynicism". Ew.

In contrast, I feel that consenting younger persons should be legally allowed to have sex, Of course. If there is some way that the legal system can lower the age of consent, Whilst maintaining the ability of keeping people over the age of 16 and people underage sexually separate, Thereby still preventing statutory-rape, Then I'm all for that.

• No no no

No Way They Are Still Babies And Not Mentally Mature enough to be involved in such behaviour children should be playing in parks not preforming sex acts on nasty grown people who are attracted to babies, Lock them dirty bas***ds up and leave the kids alone, I'm sure this is made up by some sick peado ring

• Is sex between a 13-yr-old and a 33-yr-old ok?

This argument is not about 13-yr-olds being mature enough to consent to sex. This is about legalizing PEDOPHILIA. Lowering the age of consent would result in the legalization of pedophilia. There is no amount of reason that makes it sane for an adult to be attracted to a 13-yr-old's personality and mind; their maturity levels are miles apart. It is a disease of the mind. All who said "yes" to this nonsense are pro pedophilia.

• No no no

No no no no I don't want nonces in my country

PathtoWisdom says2021-10-13T17:45:05.727
Most states don't have a minimum age of criminal liability. So they literally think a 14 year old can commit a crime and be tried as an adult, And ackowledge the fact that she/he can make a desicion, But can't decide if he/she wants to be touched or not. That's stupid. I also want to adress the Austin Jones case. The internet celebrity "forced" a teenager to send him her videos while twerking. He forced her, That's wrong. But a 14 year old is both physically and mentally mature enough to make desicions about his/her body. And she made a video about the case, Crying all over the video just for the views in my opinion. She is using Austin for views. And he is in prison. Girl, You were 14, Not 8. Of course it was wrong for him to force her, But the girl is playing dumb for views on You Tube. Austin got 10 years in prison which is really stupid. American laws on age of consent MUST change.