• YES, Despite the scripted bots on here trying to sabotage the "yes" argument with disgusting perversion.

We have been doing this since the beginning of time, Many european countries STILL have their age of consent at 14. We already have a 16 AOC here in USA in the majority of the states. Some areas in japan allow 13 year olds to consent, And they are even more societally developed than the USA.

However, I do not believe in sexual education because we cannot trust the government to teach our children about one of the most private and vulnerable things about themselves. The government is chocked full of rapists and murderers, We don't need some disgusting teacher getting off on teaching grade school kids this shit. I believe sexual education is the parent's responsibility, But of course there is also books and information available online now that is completely safe to just read in the comfort of your own room.

I do think it's necessary for them to learn about this stuff at this age because their bodies become active in that way and it's good to know what NOT to do more than anything else.

As for public education, Perhaps abstinence only education is the solution. But I do agree that isn't enough, But like I said the government CANNOT be trusted to teach our children about sex because they will use that opportunity to sexualize them and eventually turn them into little prostitutes and whores which we do not need, Obviously.

Look, The government wants to KILL your f***ing children. Do not give them anymore power over them. School your OWN children AT HOME if you can. If your state doesn't allow it, MOVE. Thanks for reading.

• @jxckyyyyyyyy hes got massive maaaaaandingoooooo

Ofsgoihgr rrgigr g g g g g g f gf ed g dg g g d g g gd dg gd dg dg gd g g d g d gd g g dg g g g d g d g dg g g gd ill be your f**k buddy y

• @jxckyyyyyyyyy he sooo fit

As a d ad d ad d ad da da ad d da a d ad da da ad d da ad dadadada d d da d d da d da da da d ad a ddda da d a da d a adad da d d a d a

• Been that way for centuries before recently. . .

It amounts to taking away freedoms. Where does it end? Let's extend the AOC to 30 years of age? Or maybe 40? Ridiculous. Nature dictates and there are some people that are ready sooner than others. 16 is too late. It's been proven by all the people that have been incarcerated unnecessarily. Rape is one thing. That's not what I'm talking about here.

• For the rights of freedom, To uphold the principles of a free society. And the logical philosophies made by ethics and biology, Yes.

The people who are against ever lowering age of consent even by a month are simple-minded drones who only believe what society and daddy tells them. These are people that never took an ethics or biology class or had a single philosophical thought in their life.

Not only should parents not be allowed to force their daughters to give birth, No matter how much she protests, But also the age of consent in most of the world is 14-15 years old, Because biologically that is when the reproductive organs have developed to a rate for healthy sex. This is not to say all teen boys and girls are sexually active at 13, 14, 15, Or even 16-18, But it is one's right to make their own decisions and even in the U. S. It is considered that the age of accountability is 13 at the lowest. This is why you'll see a boy who kills 11 people at school receive an adult prison sentence.

But how can you hold anyone under 18 responsible for ANY DECISION they make, When you also say they can't even understand or have the right to decide what they drink, Or smoke? As if one can understand and bare the punishments of murder, Theft etc. But not simply drinking something or sex - all things far less serious than murder or rape. The U. S. Even defines already that 14+ is considered a minor and NOT A CHILD because there is a difference even in legal statute, Such as the crime punishments considered for someone having sex with a 15 year old as opposes to the molestation of a 9 year old.

Making out with a 14-18 year old alone isn't even a crime anywhere in the U. S. Or canada, But sex is, As well is foreplay actions like sucking on one's nipples or grabbing a man's crotch.

Several polls taken showed over the past 10 years that on average, At least 50% of people have sex before 18 years old.

13 would be a final step to fix this problem, Though even 14-15 or the moment one enters high school would be fair. There is a big difference between a sexy 26 year old female high school teaching having sex with a 16 year old male, And a catholic priest molesting an 8 year old boy. Big difference.

There is a big difference between a 15 year old girl going to a party and f***ing some college boy 19 year old because she's horny and wants some dick, And a man abducting a 7 year old girl and molesting her. Big difference. One can considered logically and scientifically acceptable and one can NEVER be considered acceptable.

• If she's past 8 it's too late

If she's past 8 it's too late and that's a fact. . Mmmhmmmmmmmm, Yesssureee indeed oh my oh yes i say yes yes oh ues yes yes yes thats correct indeed yessur yes yes yes yss yes ph yea yea yea ugh oh 6ea oh yea touch me touch me me me

• Maybe, But with a caveat. . .

Age of consent varies by country. The age of consent is some countries is precisely 14, For example, China. While personally I'm not interested in young girls (I actually find 'experienced' women more appealing and polished), I believe we are fighting nature by artificially preventing a body that's sexually mature from doing its 'thing'. Traditionally, The age of consent was for the family to decide, Now it's the government. Neither is right. In my opinion it should be decided based on two things, One, Whether the person is sexually adult, And two, Whether the person willingly engages in sexual activities. A medical exam can easily prove the former, But willingness can't be proved especially if the person has acted under coercion or worse yet threat, That's probably why law makers decided it was much easier to put an arbitrary but sensible number to it, E. G. 18. And yet I've met people who are not emotionally/mentally mature enough for sex even by the age of 18, While others might be when they are younger than the age of consent. If only we could read people's minds. . .

• There should be no lower age

Now before you go all crazy about the title, , , The age of consent should be an age difference not a lower age. For example, No more than 5 years difference or something along those lines. Of course there would need to be a higher age as to which any sex is OK. . For example, Age 18.

• I wanna fuck grandmas

I need that fat grandma ass I need hat juicy grandma pussy
    I need to be drip 💧 pin in tha pusssssssay also if u are in Alabama u could be ducking your grandmas all day like oh ye grandma you’re so tight and she be like yeah that’s what you’re father said if ur gay replace grandma wit grandpa

• The internet is why

There is internet now unlike when they first set the age of consent. Now people can easily look at porn or hentai online even if they are underage because its easy to just lie about your age on websites. Websites like porn hub are so popular kids might here about it or stumble upon it. There is also the anime porn that is easy to find if u watch anime online and search for rule34 of a anime. Just being in the anime community you will hear the word hentai at somepoint.

• What perv thinks this is ok?

13 year olds ARE CHILDREN. No one in their right mind would think a 13 year old has the emotional maturity to knowingly consent to sexual relations with an adult. 13 years olds should be shielded from predators who want to abuse them this way and anyone who is so delusional as to think that 13 years old is an adult should be punched in the face.

• It encourages grooming and abuse

In the UK the age of consent is 16. I believe that this is the right age for the law to stand at. But to think that influential people believe that it should be lowered to 13, it just disgusts me! We cannot let these perverts abuse anymore young children and let them get away with it.

• No, the age of consent should not be lowered to 13.

At the age of thirteen, children still are very immature and don't completely understand the meaning behind their actions. They are too young to be having sex. At that age they are just really staring puberty and they don't understand how to protect themselves. The age of consent should be sixteen or seventeen.

• Not 13 but maybe 15 or 16.

Some people say "they are just children" but really who's fault is that? For at least the first couple centuries A.D. And earlier, people were married and supported themselves usually between 11-14. They handled all adult responsibilities, including sex. If they could do it then, why not now? The only reason 13 year olds are to immature is because of how we raise them. Mothers don't want their "babies" to grow up, father's want their daughters to stay "daddy's little girl" forever, and so they baby and coddle their children, some still holding their kids' hands WELL into their mid-twenties. This does them no favors. Also this isn't about adults taking advantage of minors, there are already plenty of laws regarding real rape and real sexual assault, and if your argument is "protect the children that I refuse to let grow up" then make laws for REAL rape and REAL sexual adult much stricter when the victim is a minor, but it should not be illegal for them to have sex. As things stand now even minor on minor sex is illegal, would you want your kid to go to jail as a minor for having sex with a minor boyfriend or girlfriend who may even be the same age?? Why should we call them criminals for doing what they are biological programmed to do? I think that right now 13 is too young (at the fault of the parents) but 15 or 16 is not. Most of them already have jobs in addition to school, they drive cars, they handle plenty of adult responsibility and they definitely know what sex is, what the risks are and there outcomes. So why not? Hell most of them are tried as adults if they break the law, why are they adults if they break the law but children if they want to have sex? And besides, most 15+teens are having sex anyway, why should we call them criminals for doing what their bodies are biologically programmed to do? If we were meant to have sex older than that, wouldn't puberty occur at a later age?? I say for now lower it to 15 or 16 everywhere then gradually change how we raise our kids, increase sex ed and actually teach them right from younger ages and watch as they prove to us again, as they had for centuries in the past, that they can, in fact, handle adult responsibilities, then at that point you could consider lowering it to 13.

• Cannot give consent

Of course not, how is this even a debate? I was lead to believe that the age in question would be 16, but there's no way a 13 year old can give consent. Consent is the only thing that should matter, and the fact is that those under 16 cannot give it.

Children under the age of 18, and some even over the age of 18 do not have fully developed emotional and decision making skills that would suggest they are capable of making decisions about sexual activity. A 13 year old, especially female, does not understand what it means to be pregnant or care for a child, and should not be considered old enough to consent to opening themselves to that possibility. A child must be given a chance to adjust to their changing bodies, emotions, and possible parental roles and expectations before opening them to the possibility of being put in sexual situations by those older (or even the same age) as them.

• Yes, It Should Be Lowered, But...

Yes, I do believe the age of consent should be lowered, but at 13, people aren't mature at all and many things aren't opened up for a child at the age of 13. If it was to be lowered, I think it should be lowered to something more mature such as a 16 year old.

• No Consent At 13

Although A 13 Year Old May Look As Though They Are Capable Of Making Decisions Of This Nature, In Actuality They Are Not And Regret It Later In Life. They Are Too Easily Influenced By Peer Pressure And By The Thought Of The "Act" Of Doing Something "Grown Up". Simply Put, Most Teens At 13 Are Naive And Don't Realize The Gravity Of An Early Pregnancy On Their Future.

• No it should not.

The Age of Consent should not be lowered to thirteen. The laws are meant to protect children who could be taken advantage of. At the age of thirteen, people could not possibly know what they're getting into and the consequences. The age of consent should be at an age where someone could better understand the consequences and make better decisions on it. That age would probably be 16 or 17. Of course, people of these ages could still be taken advantage of, however they've had more time to mature and have had time to better understand the consequences of their actions. Thirteen is far too young.

PathtoWisdom says2021-10-13T17:45:05.727
Most states don't have a minimum age of criminal liability. So they literally think a 14 year old can commit a crime and be tried as an adult, And ackowledge the fact that she/he can make a desicion, But can't decide if he/she wants to be touched or not. That's stupid. I also want to adress the Austin Jones case. The internet celebrity "forced" a teenager to send him her videos while twerking. He forced her, That's wrong. But a 14 year old is both physically and mentally mature enough to make desicions about his/her body. And she made a video about the case, Crying all over the video just for the views in my opinion. She is using Austin for views. And he is in prison. Girl, You were 14, Not 8. Of course it was wrong for him to force her, But the girl is playing dumb for views on You Tube. Austin got 10 years in prison which is really stupid. American laws on age of consent MUST change.