• Between schooling and reality

I just find it funny that schools teach about sex ed at around grade 7. Yet the legal age of consent is set until 12th grade or graduating. It's unrealistic for boys and girls to restrain for 5 or 6 years from exploring and doing sexual things "legally". Parents giving thier kids with smartphones capable of accessing everything possible in the world at like 10 or 11 doesn't help either. Even in stores at the cashier's, There are magazine of cosmopolitan saying " how to please your man with these sexy tricks" right at a kids eye-level. Every movie, Show and ass on tv has hints of sex in it these days. In my own experience, I was 13 when I got my first blowjob. The thing about that, Is that the girl who gave me this pleasure, Asked me if she can do it to me. She was 12. This happened around the time before smartphones even started. We only had flip phones that you had to hit the "7" button 4 times just to type a S 😂. Times have changed. Kids aren't as innocent as you make them out to be by the time they are even 15. Majority of them smoke(cbd or thc vapes and pens) and drink. If you ask them and they say they don't. I would say at least 70% of them are lying lol

• Should be lowered

Most girls get the ability to get pregnant by 13 and most boys can ejaculate by 13. Restricting them from having sex is not natural. Even an Adult should be able to have sex with them because the act remains the same, Regardless of the age difference between the partners.

• It should be

It's natural for anyone over the age of puberty to have sex. Puberty is attained by the age of 13 by most children. Girls get the ability to get pregnant by that age. Boys can ejaculate. So it's completely natural for children to have sex since 13. And Sex is Sex, Age difference between partners doesn't matter. So even if the Sexual partner of a 13 year old child is an adult there is nothing wrong in it. In earlier times in many cultures girls as young as 13 were married off to Adult Men. Now this Adult men would obviously be having sexual intercourse with their young wives who were often as young as 13. There was nothing wrong in that then. There should be nothing wrong in it now.

• Rape and Abuse = Bad. Consensual Sex with a partner who will take no for an answer if you say no = Good

Let me begin by stating I am thoroughly against abuse. No ands ifs or buts. Abuse and rape are intolerable.

With that said, I must point out that as it stands now, Two minors having sex are both guilty. Why should they be imprisoned and be listed as sex offenders because their petting got out of hand. No, This is wrong. Then throw in that there are children tried as adults for crimes like murder, Or even rape. So why are they adults, But two thirteen year old's in a treehouse having sex are not adults?

Also, If a 13 year old rapes a 25 year old, Why does the 25 year old go to jail even if the 13 year old is found guilty?

Age of consent laws are so incredibly broken.

• Should be lowered

By 13/14 teens complete puberty. So nature makes them ready for sex. There is nothing wrong in even an adult having sex with teens who have completed puberty. In past, In many cultures girls were married off by 13/14 to adult men, Who obviously must be having sex with them.

• Should be lowered

I don't understand what is wrong with a man of any age to have consensual sex with a girl who is at least 13-14. By that age most girls get the ability to get pregnant. In the past in many cultures girls as young as 13-14 were married off by their parents to adult men. Obviously these men used to have sexual intercourse with their 13-14 years old wives. There was nothing wrong in that. There is nothing wrong in that even today purely from Nature's perspective. It is not unnatural or Pedophilic to have sex with someone past their puberty. It is true for minor past puberty being of any gender. There is nothing wrong for an even an adult woman to have sex with a 13-14 year old boy.

• It should be

Should be reduced to 13 or 14. By that age most girls and boys have completed their puberty. Most girls get the ability to get pregnant by the age of 13-14. Nature makes ready to have sex by 13-14. So do boys get the ability to ejaculate by 13-14. And maximum age gap between partners if one is minor past his/her puberty shouldn't exist either. Once nature makes most boys and girls ready for sex by 13-14 it doesn't matter how old their sexual partner is. There is nothing wrong in an adult man having consensual sex with a 13-14 year old girl. In older times across many cultures girls were married by 13-14, Often to adult men. Now obviously these adult men had sex with their 13-14 years old wives. Such relationship in today's times, Whether through marriage or not might not become common place even if legalised. But it's still not unnatural or Pedophilic. How can it be unnatural or Pedophilic to have consensual sex with a girl who is ovulating? Same goes for genders reversed. There is nothing wrong for an adult women to have sex with a 13-14 year old boy. It's actually unnatural for any law to impose restrictions on anyone past their puberty to have sex.

• Absolutely it should

Would I have sex with a 13 year old girl if it was legal? Probably not. I just don't think any man should go to prison and be labeled a sex offender for having sex with a girl of any age if the girl is okay with it, Especially if she initiates it. Trust me, If a 13 or for that matter a 10 year old girl wants to have sex, She is going to do so. That said, It would be better if it is with an older and experienced man than with a young boy of 12 to 17 who won't even be able to do the right thing if she gets pregnant.

• Sex, Not limited to intercourse, Is harmless when engaged in responsibly. The issues is ignorance due to the taboo not that it causes direct harm.

It is amazing to me that people wanting to enforce their archaic views will blatantly lie to themselves and others concerning the pleasure that sexual activity brings or that a person between 11-18 cannot consent to experiencing that pleasure.

It is also amazing to me that those same people have no problem allowing their children at 13 years or younger to enjoy the pleasures of eating foods in a habit forming lifestyle that has lead to an increase of obesity. Obesity which is the second leading cause of preventable death and 300 times more deadly than drugs, Alcohol, Car accidents, Etc.

Why is this? It is because, In most situations, No one in their right mind would think to question if a child could consent to something they enjoy. Excluding obvious extremes such as entering into a complex business agreements or swimming with sharks, It is only when it comes to basic sexual experiences does this come up.

Fears of a child being kidnapped or raped are valid, But what parent allowed their child to walk the streets at night and meet with strangers on the internet anyway, Whether or not their children are legally allowed to choose who can give them an orgasm and when?

The question is not does a child have the ability to consent to actual rape or physical abuse, But whether or not a child can experience pleasure from sex and desire to engage in it further.
    Also: "What magic happens at age 18, That suddenly these experiences are consensual? " Is rape not still rape before or after18? Can a person age 11-17 not understand they do not enjoy something? Do all people after the age 18 have an outspoken nature when withholding consent that no 11-17 year old could possibly posses? Countless adults report they were traumatized by being forced into religious, Band, Or sports or other activities they didn't enjoy. Should we extend the inability to consent to other activities that adults express deep resentment towards later in their lives?

How do we protect them from physical abuse? The same as we protect them from sports injuries, Human trafficking or other dangers. Whether or not they are legally allowed to enjoy sex, These dangers will still exist and will not be lessened by denying them sexual pleasure.

However, Because a 11-17 year old might fall and crack their head open, Will you not allow them to ice skate? Some might not, But should the law force all parents to deny their child a chance at competitive sports because their is a serious risk for harm?

Yet, Even though we understand this when we allow children to compete in dangerous sports. We freak out when an 11-13 year old wants experience pleasure even by giving or receive oral sex or sticking a finger in their crotch? Suddenly activities so very unlikely to result in any kind of serious injury, Compared to the most dangerous activates children engage in, Is the greatest evil imaginable?

• "Pedophile"? Educate yourself.

A "pedophile" is someone who like Prepubescents CHILDREN. Nature and religion both say you are no longer a child when pubescents. If they raise the age to 25 then you would start calling everyone who likes 22 year old's "perverts" and "pedophiles" you ignorant bunch of idiots. Just because the age becomes 13 or 11 or 9 or 7 or no age limit at all, The ugly fat neighbor doesn't suddenly become attractive. Family is still incest and people in a position of authority and rape is still illegal no matter the age. If a Prison Guard had sex with a 40 year old, That is illegal. Age has nothing to do with what nature has dictated. Stop throwing people in jail for being perfectly normal and natural. A study done by a very well known and respected college proved that even though they would not admit it. 88. 4% of adults (all colors and men and women) were sexually aroused by images of children early and prepubescents. 88. 4% is the very definition of N O R M A L. Old women don't want the age lowered as they already know they can not compete. Given a choice between a 14 year old and a 40 year old, The 14 will win 100% of the time. This is by design of nature (or if you're religious), Then God himself made this decision.

• 13? No. 14? Maybe.

Where I live, The age of consent is 16, Which I think is the right time. However, That's not to say people younger are capable of making informed decisions. However, Before they can, They need to know the risks that can come with those decisions.

When I was in Middle School. I was about 13, Maybe 14. It gave me enough reason to be cautious around sex and to know what's at stake (pregnancy, STDs, Sexual abuse, Etc. ). Then, Of course, They would need to learn more about what they can use to prevent those effects (condoms, Birth control, Etc. ). So, Before anyone can engage sexually, It's best that they know the risks, As well as preventative measures before they can consent to such activity.

However, I will say one thing that might make me a bit more privy to the idea, And that's close-in-age exemptions. Basically, Someone can engage sexually with someone under the age of consent, If and only if the age gap between them is minimal. For instance, Maine and Hawaii have the same age of consent in my home, But have close-in-age exemptions, Allowing people who are 14 and 15 to engage sexually provided that the gap between them and their partner is less than 5 years.

So… if youth are more well informed about the consequences of their actions and close-in-age exemptions were made in effect, I would be in favor of lowering the age of consent. However, If someone asked me if the age of consent should be 13, My answer would be "no".

• No. Freaking. Way.

The human brain does not finish developing until age twenty five. There is no way the age of consent should be twelve years before then, When a solid half of kids haven't even finished puberty yet. The age of consent should be the same as the legal adult age: 18. This makes things way simpler, When you are old enough to vote, Get married, And join the army, You are old enough to consent to sex. Https://bigthink. Com/videos/what-age-is-brain-fully-developed

• That’s so wrong

The age needs to be upped to 18. A child is a child until they are 18, They are all still in education and should be focusing on that. Sex at a young age isn’t healthy it can cause a lot of damage both mental and physical especially to vulnerable children.

• 13 isn't even highschool age maybe 14 or 15

The age of consent should be lowered but 13 seems a little young (maybe if I give I more thought but right now I don't think so) but maybe like 14 or 15. Or if the age of consent was lowered to when someone starts highschool that'd be better than what it is right now. Once you start high school that's when you generally find out more about sex anyway.

• Are you serious?

Where do i start? Would you want your daughter being finger banged and having her tiddies sucked on by a 60 year old man? If so, That leads to all nre questions about you and how often you yourself touch your little girl. You nasty wanting to diddle little kids.

• No teenagers are not rational at that point

While it could be given wiggle room not that much, Speaking as some 3 years past 13, 13 year olds are inherently bad decision makers and can't yet decide what's good for them with the same certainty that adults can, And while the aoc does only extend 4 years older then the age if consent, Having basically 7th grades hooking up with juniors is bad because, The older teens would be bigger or stronger and have a position of power over the younger teen, Which could lead to sexually aggressive behavior from those on the position of power or even sexually abusive relationships

• Pretty f***ing Obvious

Well this is a pedophile breeding ground. A child (that is what he/she is by definition) lacks the cognitive ability to give an informed and forward-thinking decision. This is why many children are susceptible to non-consensual relationships in the first place, And hence are prone to manipulation by the offender.

Lowering the age would give way to manipulation becoming rife, Much more than it already is despite the illegality of statutory-rape. In the court of law, An adult could coax a child into having a sexual relationship with them, And then defend this with the idea of 'consent'. Once this has occurred, The child could sustain severe mental trauma (perhaps PTSD? ) from the relationship, Aswell as physical injuries, Due to a huge difference in body development

Anyone who can not see that an adult acting sexually with a child is rape is either likely a child being a child (lacking reasonable forward-thinking), Or a person with pedophilic desires- both of which we as a society should not consider the opinions of as a relevant moral or legal compass.

In fact if you scroll through some of the arguments, You'll see one person who seems to prefer those of a younger age, Due to them being "unspoiled by age and cynicism". Ew.

In contrast, I feel that consenting younger persons should be legally allowed to have sex, Of course. If there is some way that the legal system can lower the age of consent, Whilst maintaining the ability of keeping people over the age of 16 and people underage sexually separate, Thereby still preventing statutory-rape, Then I'm all for that.

• No no no

No Way They Are Still Babies And Not Mentally Mature enough to be involved in such behaviour children should be playing in parks not preforming sex acts on nasty grown people who are attracted to babies, Lock them dirty bas***ds up and leave the kids alone, I'm sure this is made up by some sick peado ring

• Is sex between a 13-yr-old and a 33-yr-old ok?

This argument is not about 13-yr-olds being mature enough to consent to sex. This is about legalizing PEDOPHILIA. Lowering the age of consent would result in the legalization of pedophilia. There is no amount of reason that makes it sane for an adult to be attracted to a 13-yr-old's personality and mind; their maturity levels are miles apart. It is a disease of the mind. All who said "yes" to this nonsense are pro pedophilia.

• No no no

No no no no I don't want nonces in my country

PathtoWisdom says2021-10-13T17:45:05.727
Most states don't have a minimum age of criminal liability. So they literally think a 14 year old can commit a crime and be tried as an adult, And ackowledge the fact that she/he can make a desicion, But can't decide if he/she wants to be touched or not. That's stupid. I also want to adress the Austin Jones case. The internet celebrity "forced" a teenager to send him her videos while twerking. He forced her, That's wrong. But a 14 year old is both physically and mentally mature enough to make desicions about his/her body. And she made a video about the case, Crying all over the video just for the views in my opinion. She is using Austin for views. And he is in prison. Girl, You were 14, Not 8. Of course it was wrong for him to force her, But the girl is playing dumb for views on You Tube. Austin got 10 years in prison which is really stupid. American laws on age of consent MUST change.