• The human brain is not finished developing till 25

Scientifically, it has been shown that the human brain, specifically the prefrontal cortex, is not fully developed till 25. This can lead to teens making impulsive decisions without thoroughly weighing in the consequences. Adult brains are wired to notice errors in decision-making better, but a teenager wouldn't notice any error. When the age of majority was set at 18, we did not know about the human brain like we do now. If brains of people under 25 don't have foresight, why not set the age of majority at 25? At least it's makes more sense.

• 25 should be the age of majority

First of all, All scientists have said that a average person does not fully mature until the age of 25 meaning that according to the law that the age of majority is 18 is irrational because an 18 year old would still have 7 years more of brain development before they reach the ideal adult. We are putting pressure on 18-25 year olds to act maturely when they are physically unable to. I'm not child liking these ages instead I believe there should be a whole different age group for 18-25 year olds which will enable them to grow and mature in a non pressure environment so when they are ready they are ready.

• That would be great in my case.

As a minor myself, I would love to have more time before I am thrown out into the real world at just 18. Like others have said, The adolescent brain continues to develop to around 25. Given a whole seven more years before legal adulthood, I would have much more time to learn and master life skills, Gain more experiences, Make better decisions, And generally mature some more. It would be great if the years for grade school could be extended to around that age too. I'm almost 18, But I do not feel ready for adulthood yet, And I do not want to be done with school. I have only recently become more mature in my thoughts, Mindsets, Decision-making, Etc. , And I know I still have a long way to go. Additionally, I have only recently learned the value of hard work in school and have become more interested in pursuing new things, But I need more time to work in school than the time I have left. Many people my age are impatient to become adults, But I am the exact opposite: I want to take my time and prepare myself more. I want a smoother transition from childhood to adulthood that takes longer and is more gradual. It isn't because 18 year olds can't be trusted, But to help us and those younger than us to mature at a more natural pace and give us more time to work and prepare for what lies ahead.

With all that said, It's still unlikely that this will ever happen. Changing the legal age of adulthood to 25 will be a huge shift in society, And will likely be too much to handle. And besides, I understand that there are others my age who are responsible and ready to be adults. Still, I wish the legal age could be raised just a little. Even changing the age of adulthood to 21 or 20 would be better than 18 to me.

• That would be great.

• The prefrontal cortex is not fully developed yet.

The prefrontal cortex is the part of the brain that does all the rational thinking. It has been scientifically proven that adults mostly think with the prefrontal cortex. The brain is mostly done growing at around the age of 25. Minors will be more likely to make choices and not think of consequences which also ties in to the age of drinking alcohol. It has been proved that traffic related fatalities decreased when the drinking age was raised from 18 to 25.

• That is preposterous

Your brain doesn't have to be 100% developed to know right from wrong. At 18, You've still been alive long enough to understand your choices. It's this coward way of parenting that's causing 18 year olds to be less mature. Giving trophies everytime your child loses and not spanking your kids.

• Hey it shousn't

Hey zhen ha if u areading this, Poeple shoud be considered adults. There will always be poeple out there who are unmature and have cucumbers for brains. But, There are some poeple who are seirous and can do tasks that requiere maturity. I don't thnk it's necesaaasty to raise the age to 25.

• 1 word, NO

Im 18, I work 2 jobs, Bought my own car for 10k (paid all by me including future maintenance, Insurance, And gas) on top of school and I’m a volunteer firefighter. At my 1 year review i recieved high marks for my work, And went through the same review all older employee’s do. I’ve been on scene at the fire department to make my community a better place in tough situations. My question is, Do you still look down on me, And think of me as a child? What does age have to do with a person? Because my brain is so called “ not developed” does that mean I can’t work hard, Study hard, And volunteer hard? Does it mean i can’t make any rational decisions and I’m too incompetent to do any of things I’m doing now? My final question to you brain developers who use that as an excuse is “if there was a report supported by mang stating that our brains aren’t actually devolped until 35, Would you support 35 as the new age of adulthood? ” Age doesn’t make the man, The person makes the man. Not all of us 18-24 year olds are preppy college kids who have the luxury of our parents pay for college, And be too lazy to have a job, Volunteer, Or do anything productive. I have to work because I don’t come from a wealthy background, I volunteer because I love helping people, And if you still want to call me a child after reading this (even though i work more and volunteer more than most of you old people) than I think your just an ignorant old person who doesn’t like younger people and blame problems on us.

• No way that should never happen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It would not be fair or good as certain things like that should stay as they are as we become full adults way before we reach 25 and also it would just infantilize young people and adults. Also I now think what next would people come up with in the future raise everything to 30 or 35 now oh god it is getting ridiculous now and I would not want that to happen at all in the future either and I would like for more positive to happen and not the negative in the future like the age of majority in Japan and everything to be lowered to the age of 18.

• Leave it at 18, and leave driving at 16.

If a person under 25 does not feel responsible enough to move out, he/she can stay with parents as long as he/she wants.

Some people need to break free. They do better on their own, and they need to get out of their parent's home.

As for driving, it must be learned. It is easier to learn something while you are still partially in "learning mode" than to learn it as an older adult. Their brains are TOO developed to learn something new and not be bad. This is true for the piano and language skills as well.

• No it should not

Brains under 25 do have foresight. Many people married as young as 16 and are happily married years later. And they have proven themselves to be capable because many are living on their own without support from their parents. Do we really want to take away control and responsibility away from people who already don't have any?