Should the government be able to spy on its citizens?

• Privacy or A Life?

Pro-
    • The Government prevents thousands of terrorist attacks every single year by programs that pick up key words.
    • They aren’t always listening to everyone’s conversations, only when there is reason to suspect something is wrong.
    • If you have nothing to hide, you have nothing to worry about.
    • Not everyone wants there emails and texts to be read, but if it saves lives, wouldn’t you let them? The government wouldn’t really care about you wishing someone a happy birthday, they would disregard that, but its them saving people from potential terrorist attacks. Which is more important, Privacy or a Life?

• No no no

As remember what Daniel Bryan had said before in the WWE, "NO NO NO" Absolutely no the government can not spy on us because it invades our privacy and makes us feel uncomfortable. The only reason the government should spy on us because if they think there's someone suspicious out there.

• Privacy is not as important as someone's life

People seem to think that the government spying on people is invading their human rights. However, what do they think is more important? Is it the fact that they should have the privacy of wishing their mum a happy anniversary, which the government wouldn't even really care about, or is it the fact that the government are saving their lives from potential terrorist attacks? What is more important? Privacy or Life?

• Youre an idiot

Chad is great chad is great chad is great chad is great chad is great chad is great chad is great chad is great chad is great chad is great chad is great chad is great chad is great chad is great chad is great chad is great chad is great chad is great chad is great chad is great chad is great chad is great chad is great chad is great chad is great chad is great chad is great chad is great chad is great chad is great chad is great chad is great chad is great chad is great chad is great chad is great chad is great chad is great chad is great chad is great chad is great chad is great chad is great chad is great chad is great chad is great chad is great chad is great chad is great chad is great chad is great chad is great chad is great chad is great chad is great chad is great chad is great chad is great chad is great chad is great chad is great chad is great chad is great chad is great chad is great chad is great chad is great chad is great chad is great chad is great chad is great chad is great chad is great chad is great chad is great chad is great chad is great chad is great chad is great chad is great chad is great chad is great chad is great chad is great chad is great chad is great chad is great chad is great chad is great chad is great chad is great chad is great chad is great chad is great chad is great chad is great chad is great chad is great chad is great chad is great chad is great chad is great chad is great chad is great chad is great chad is great chad is great chad is great chad is great chad is great chad is great chad is great chad is great chad is great chad is great chad is great chad is great chad is great chad is great chad is great chad is great chad is great chad is great chad is great chad is great chad is great chad is great chad is great chad is great chad is great chad is great chad is great chad is great chad is great chad is great chad is great chad is great chad is great chad is great chad is great chad is great chad is great chad is great chad is great chad is great chad is great chad is great chad is great chad is great chad is great chad is great chad is great chad is great chad is great chad is great chad is great chad is great chad is great chad is great chad is great chad is great chad is great chad is great chad is great chad is great!

• Saving human lives are more important

When we vote no for this bill, we are missing a simple fact that if the government isn't looking for terrorists and keeping us citizens and our country safe just because us saying "we need privacy", our whole country will collaps under the foot of ISIS. PRIVACY OR SAFETY, I CHOOSE SAFETY.

• C c c

C c c c c c c c c c c c c c c c c c c c c c c c c c c c c c c c c c c c c c c c c c c c c c c c c c c

• Its for protection

I have nothing to hide so yes yes yes yes yes y w w w w w w w w ww w ww w w ww w ww www w ww ww w w ww w w wwwww w ww w w ww w w w w w w w w

• Yes. Yes. Yes.

Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes.

• You signed a phone contract.

The moment that you signed that cell phone contract, you also conceded to carrying a government tracking device. That’s the inescapable conclusion of a three-judge federal court panel Tuesday, which found that the government need not seek a warrant to acquire cell phone tracking information directly from your service provider without a warrant. The same technology that allows cell phone users to make calls also allows cell phone companies to know where you are and when you make the call. The Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals ruled that since you’ve already provided that information to a third party, it’s not protected by the Fourth Amendment’s ban on warrantless searches. “Their use of their phones,” the judges wrote, “is entirely voluntary.” The big difference between this view of cell phones and electronic ear tags affixed to cattle is that you signed a contract.

• Where is the accountability?

To search someone's home, car, or personal effects the government must get a warrant. To get a warrant you must have probable cause. I feel as though communication should be treated the same way. I can say Kill and President in the same sentence and I guarantee someone reads this. Am I going to kill the president? Absolutely not. Now that I said it twice I would expect someone to read this and that acceptable, but then for them to follow me around and listen to everything I say without a warrant that is unacceptable.

• Screw the feds

The federal government has no right to know what im doing on my stuff. SCREW THE FEDS. ANARCHY. SCREW THE FEDS SCREW THE FEDS SCREW THE FEDS SCREW THE FEDS SCREW THE FEDS SCREW THE FEDS THATS ALL THANK YOU HAVE A NICE DAY GOODBYE ITS MY PRIVACY GOOD BYW

• That's crossing the border

There is a line between spying on citizens to find out who is a terrorist and putting tabs on non-suspicious people, so the government should not be able to do that. Also, we do not know what kind of information they have on us and that is not constitutional. If they are spying on me, I would at least like to know the tabs that they have on me.

• I have a right to privacy

If the police have to have a warrent to search my home, the government sure as hell shouldn't be allowed to "search" my home through my laptop or smart TV! When I read 1984 as a kid I thought it was insane that a situation like that could ever happen. Now look at America. It makes me sad to live in the land of the "free".

• Human Rights Act & Hackers

Article 8 of the Human Rights Act states that 'Everyone has the right to respect for his private and family life, his home and correspondence.' Spying on innocent citizens clearly breaches this agreement and is completely unfair to the public. Personally, I also wouldn't feel comfortable with the fact that my private life could be exposed at any given moment. If the government stored data about us on computers, any talented hacker could find and use this information against any one. This could easily result in blackmail, and a clear breach of the safety of the community,

• If we let this happen, then the terror has already won

If you have nothing to hide, there is nothing to worry about. For now. But what of it in 10 years ? See the thing here is it may seem fine today, but there is nothing that prevents the system from going awry and tracking political dissidents or spying on CEOs or what have you. We would thus become exactly which we fight now.
    And considering the government itself has acknowledged that security measures have been mostly inefficient, well... If I have to die, I might at least die free. Freedom is worth dieing for. Oppression, dictatorship and intrusive governments are not.

• We lose our rights

This goes against our 4th amendment: no illegal search and seizure. Along with that our freedom and liberty are taken away. In the recent court case, Jones v. U.S., a man was being tracked for 28 days by the government WITHOUT a legal warrant. If this bill passes, the government is showing distrust to all of its people.

• We should have privacy

The government shouldn't invade our privacy like they are. The fourth amendment clearly states they have tp have a warrant to search your house, why not the same with our technology? You may have things on there you don;t want anyone to know, so why are they allowed to do this?

• NSA has failed to protect Americans already! There is a better solution.

Think about 9/11! The NSA has been around since the cold war, and combined with surveillance programs around the world under the UKUSA treaty, it has been spying on the citizens of the western world for decades. Why then has it failed to protect against the terrorist attacks? If it claims to protect against threats everyday, why do we never hear about it?
    It might catch some terrorists but you can't catch all of them by surveillance. I am not saying that it doesn't work, but that it doesn't work as well as it should. It's not worth the privacy that it sacrifices.
    The government should instead spend the billions of dollars to improve education to strengthen people's minds so that they don't fall prey to the dangerous ideologies of predatory terrorist organisations. (The biggest predator however is the government, with all its propoganda...)

• We are foolishly sacrificing our freedoms for fear.

Benjamin Franklin once said, “Those who surrender freedom for security will not have, nor do they deserve, either one.” We have become so paranoid that we allow our fears to control us, and as a nation, we decide that pointing a gun at every potential terrorist is better than maintaining our rights as citizens. If we allow our liberties to be ripped from us so easily because of our paranoia and complacent ignorance, it won't be long until we surrender our freedom of speech for the "greater good".

• Privacy is being broken

The government should NOT be able to spy on their citizens. We should have the freedom to do what we want without the danger of the government spying on it. Recently, with the NSA contradictions, U.S. citizens have been outraged that they spy on our text messages, phone calls, cameras, and many other chat services. People’s privacy has been broken and this is why I believe that the government should not be able to spy on their citizens.

bhkbjk says2018-01-22T14:27:29.507
Why do u guyz care
>