• Depends on the situation.

Okay, so I am seeing a lot of people saying that people who don’t have a job don’t deserve to get money from the government. In a way, I agree. If you’re just plain lazy then work for yourself, but there are also people who can’t work because of medical reasons and a lot of times these people have families to look after. I am sixteen years old, and my mother suffers with severe back problems, PTSD, and other issues. I deal with a similar situation, and have crippling anxiety which holds me back from going anywhere. We can barely afford food and rent as it is, and most times we are hungry and we’re both currently in need of clothes. The only reason why I have this device is because It was given to me second hand by a family member. I’m not trying to get you to feel sorry, but it’s really difficult for a lot of us. Try to walk in our shoes. Try to think what it would be like to only have 100 dollars for food that, at most times, are very expensive.

Posted by: IAMX
  • Now or never

Governments are responsible to provide their nation or else fuck on them. Why the hell is govt taking all the money to their houses this is countries money they have to return it. Plz help poor and needy do not take money of a poor or else God will dislike you

• Now or never

• Cause they diserve it

From TN perspective. Perhaps the VA side is even worse. Circumvent local representation and get companies in the high unemployment areas. Local governments that only want local tourism have big problems hidden. Guranteed if they have access to real jobs without back door political deals, wages will be better too. You would be surprised how stagnant the economy is in many Appalachian poverty areas. The local community can't afford many more to leave or move away and can't allow real companies to move in so they aren't in control of every aspect of the community employment. Guranteed the largest employers will be government such as schools, social security offices, welfare offices, a community college all of which are everywhere and every state and all funded by state and local governments. I disagree using state and federal government as employers in regards to the basic employment. If they are stripped away then people really appreciate the real unemployment and under employment. Low wages, part time, inequality of the treatment of women and age bias are common. Education will not assure a job in those areas. If anything it will keep you unemployable. Jobs advertising high school or associates preferred, you will be over qualified, particularly those over 40.

Either provide money or dont. When you start with this group or portion can get but those cant the program has already been designed to fail. The people that need it will not get it. TANF does not work. If you are female, over 40 and suddenly your 20 year old child is disabled by any means you can imagine, sorry. Keep in mind in rural Appalachian areas there is no such thing as help. There are no non profits to help with food, monetary aid and any other programs will disregard you for working and owning things you worked to pay for. You have welfare or social security. That's it. Welfare is really a maybe, since you are working or on unemployment, forget it your over the income limit. Often, until a person has actually been awarded social security they will not get medical.

I urge anyone that thinks this is an elaboration or exaggerated post, Google Lewis Loflin VA/TN. WCYB news on unemployment. Pick an area and look at the unemployment rate, then look up the area and view the population. Sometimes I myself disagree with him but he really gets the point across. People are not vocal, think back to the point of the local government choking jobs....You have family that work too. This kind of treatment still exists. The good old boy system is alive and well.

Please take a little time to see why there could be so much poverty in areas. Before blaming people, like the political parties and media tell you to see, possibly it could be what you don't see.

• This is obvious

Many o the poor are not able bodied i i i i i ii i i i i i i i i i i i i ii i i i ii i ii i i i ii ii ii ii i i i i i i i i i i i i

• Ggggggggg g g

G g g fa your hg be. Fa. Fa Cth. Fum. Vam. Chu. Can. Van. Van. Gun Cohn cgh. Van. V v. Vbvgn b. B. B v. B Ve vb vh bn b bn v. B v. Bn. Go. V cv v vvvv. V Ng go gn n. No. B

• Ggggggggg g g

• Ggggggggg g g

• Yes they should

They'll die otherwise pal. I need to write forty six words apparently so hello whoever is reading this and have a nice day b b b b b b b b b b b bb b b b b b b b b b b b b b b b

• Of course poor people should be given money.

If justice and equality are important then why not? We all know people are not born equal. There is no reason in this day and age that everyone can not be provided with enough money to have good food and shelter. Many people will grow into being responsible adults once their basic needs are looked after. Just because someone has a job doesn't mean that they are responsible people who create something good for the world.

• Get to work!

THE POOR HAVE NO EXCUSE, JUST GO TROLLEY PUSHING FOR A FEW QUID, STOP EXPECTING THE GOVERNMENT AND THE TAX PAYERS TO SORT OUT YOUR LIVES. WE don't PAY TAXES SO YOU CAN SIT ON YOUR FAT ASS AND CLAIM BENEFITS, "OHH LIFES SO HARD BEING POOR, GIVE ME SOME SOME MONEY. " WHAT A CHEEK

• I dont know

I think the government should spend there money on either getting shelter for the poor or help them find a job, but i don't think they should give the money to the poor, yes the poor need money but if they don't know how to use it or deal with is it could be pointless

• Not a permanent solution

The government should think of the causes. The people are poor because they don't have work - unemployment.
    Businesses can't just produce jobs anytime they want, even if there are employees looking for work, job openings are scarce. But why is there unemployment?
    Two problems of our modern society: overpopulation and scarcity. The human population is getting larger and the Earth's resource supply smaller. If we continue this current lifestyle we have, the economy is bound to collapse. Money is not what feeds you, it is the land.
    Instead of redistributing wealth, the governments of Earth should think of population control and natural resource preservation. Eventually, if the population goes down to a certain number, there will be less need for money. The humans of Earth would stop thinking of economy in terms of fiscal currency but instead in actual resources. There will be less need for money because the population is low and resources are abundant.

• Work for yourselves

Giving people money just makes them expect it more. If we give out "free" money then who do you think would pay for it? Those who have done hardwork should not pay for the lazy. I get wanting to just give them money, but it doesn't help anyone. Money does not just come out of thin air.

• Work for yourselves

• Work for yourselves

• Work for yourselves

• Get off your feet!

Please don't let the government give the poor men money. For the poor men not to be a burden to the society, working is the best solution to feed themselves and to also contribute to the economy. Poor men should not make amends about their own physiological state because the state will give enough money just to give men jobs like blind men.

• No. Gov't should not be redistributing wealth

All of government's money comes from taxpayers. They should not be using their power to redistributing wealth. That's not fair to those that contributes into the system. We should all be responsible for our own basic needs and the basic needs of our family. There should be no gov't handouts for food, shelter and healthcare.

• Nooo nooo nooo

Poo oo ybjyf ufxgv rs dxgsc uahadijasz juadlsjxak uohldaksn oqw,jfwou oaidhn,z j,wiysoadznx,M 9oqwidksanzxk o dasudsika uappppppppp pi 8gsd 00e 8dds 9gdue ibesbeb e8d I I o x s fd s f s c s c s f s f f s c s c s f s w s s

>