Should the government have access to your personal information via phone tapping (conversations as well as through the use of apps)?

• Don't be obnoxious

Obviously they would not be sitting there reading word by word. There would need to be a filtering system that detects words that they define as key words. The terrorists have the opportunity to hide within the world of encrypted messages. Should we let them keep hiding in the shadow and come in and out whenever they want? Or should we sacrifice a small portion of our privacy to ensure a secured nation. United Nation supports a country that has a National Security. Why should we not?

• I personally believe that the government should have access to our personal data/info

I believe the government should have full access to our personal data due to terrorism, Activation codes, Suicidal thoughts, And cyber bullying. Terrorism is a huge threat to the United States and to the world. If the government had access then they could put a stop to it before they can hurt anyone around them. As technology advances, The terrorist use this as an advantage to hurt others. If have nothing to hide then you should agree that the government should have access to people's personal devices.

• Because they should

Becuase they should have to right to know if your doing anything you shouldnt if your a terrorist if your a criminal ist a question of privacy over protection what would rather finding a school shooter in advance or making sure no one listens tell me your chose . .

• Terrorism is advancing

According to debatingeurope.Eu, "a lot of organised crime has moved to cyberspace or is using cyberspace for its purposes". As technology develops, more terrorists use the advanced features to plan their attacks. If we want to stop the new incoming attacks, the only way would be to fight them through cyberspace.

• Could help when cyber crimes happen

'tis a major prob in South Korea
    Cyber crimes happen frequently through SNS
    in order to stop it from getting it worse, the Gov should see ppl's prvt conversations, and should punishthem
    . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . . .. .

• My opinion on this

We have many things because of this, we also have no clue on how many threats were neutralized because of this. W want our privacy but in this day an age its a hard to come by. This has many good and bad things about it. But the good out ways the bad

• Fuck terrorist and other baddies

They are bad and need to be deal with. And any person who may possibly be betraying our country is less entitled to privacy. If you aren't doing anything wrong then you don't need to get butt-hurt at someone looking at your records. Quit being a pussy. Join the fight

• What do you have to hide.

The government will use this for national security. If you are opposed to them looking through your things, then maybe they should. What do you care that the government is seeing that you sent kissy faces to your girlfriend. All they care about is the safety of the citizens and being able to protect them if need be.

• Yes, if that keeps us safe from harm.

Gov't. Should be the overseer and know whats going on to curtail small problems before they lead to big ones. The Gov't. Regulates, directs, and controls what needs to be done as far of all policies and decisions, as long as it's fair and just without hurting anyone. The Gov't . Is alright as long as the people who work within it's political units are fair and just. Some of the officials can give the "G" a bad name because the power they have goes to their head, and use it recklessly thus hurting it's citizens.

• Yes yes yes

Yes the rock is pretty great even though it comes out of the donkey butt it still pretty cool. G g g g g g g g g a a a a a a a a a a a g g g g g g g g g g XD

• Jksa;fa asdf asdf

Aasdfjk ;lk;alk jd;kajfkdfj askdj kalsd faksdf aj;sl jfa;sdkl jflak sdjfksd f;ks kdj;ksdaj f;aasdfjk ;lk;alk jd;kajfkdfj askdj kalsd faksdf aj;sl jfa;sdkl jflak sdjfksd f;ks kdj;ksdaj f;aasdfjk ;lk;alk jd;kajfkdfj askdj kalsd faksdf aj;sl jfa;sdkl jflak sdjfksd f;ks kdj;ksdaj f;aasdfjk ;lk;alk jd;kajfkdfj askdj kalsd faksdf aj;sl jfa;sdkl jflak sdjfksd f;ks kdj;ksdaj f;aasdfjk ;lk;alk jd;kajfkdfj askdj kalsd faksdf aj;sl jfa;sdkl jflak sdjfksd f;ks kdj;ksdaj f;

• Privacy is Needed

It is wrong for the Government to access our private data for and it's illegal. It goes against the 4th Amendment of the Constitution as you as an American have the Right to Privacy and Right to not be illegally searched without Just Cause or a Warrant. Also too many people trust the government to keep them safe.

• Even so. While there may be differing

Won't be so focused on hackers and internet threats because in the big searching through their belongings. They should be required to submit a warrant explaining exactly what they wish to search, As listed in the fourth amendment. While there may be differing opinions, I think we can all agree that people should be allowed to have privacy that won't be infringed by any outside source other

• Its an invasion of privacy

There could be people in the government who could be not so great people. They could steal personal information. Also what if the government gets hacked? By another country or even by someone who is just skilled at hacking. POOF, There goes your personal information, Your texts, Your photos, And so much more.

• Invasion of privacy

It wouldn't be much of a democracy if they had access to our personal information on our phone. To know that someone you don't even know is looking at the things on your social media. Personally it gives me a weird feeling. Or is it just me. . .

• Its unfair and annoying

Everyone has to follow the amendments, One of our amendment is freedom of speech and expression, With the government checking our phone without our permission they are violating those amendments. Also when i was younger my parents used to check my phone and it was so annoying even though i wasn't doing anything bad it was still annoying, Now imagine instead of ur parents checking ur phone ITS THE GOVERNMENT, That's a little weird right. Its simple privacy and if they aren't following the amendments why should we because government/ president is NOT above ANYONE.

• Lawmakers shouldn’t have access to our private information. It goes against the Constitution.

4th Amendment- The right of the people to be secure in their persons, Houses, Papers, And effects, Against unreasonable searches and seizures, Shall not be violated, And no warrants shall issue, But upon probable cause, Supported by oath or affirmation, And particularly describing the place to be searched, And the persons or things to be seized.

• Never NEVER nevER

The government already has too much control. There is almost nothing they don’t know about you. Or could know if they wanted to. Most of us have nothing we want to hide, But someday, Mark my words, We’ll be regretting ever giving them this much control of all aspects of our lives.

• Only for specific reasons

U.S. government and/or law enforcement should not be able to access information from one’s digital devices because customers trust tech companies to hold their private information, the 4th bill of right, and there is no easy limit. *I didn't find specific evidence for the first reason yet* The fourth bill of right gives the freedom for people to not have their belongings searched through if it is without a specific reason. The fourth bill of right is demonstrated in The United States Bill of Rights passage saying, “The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.“ This illustrates that the people should not have their personal property violated when there are unnecessary warrants. These warrants are not needed if they have no specific reason why or what things should be searched, so they shall not be acted upon. In addition, there is no easy way to set a limit to how often a device’s information can be accessed by the government. An example of this is when the article Arkansas Police Warrant Over Data in Amazon Echo Device states ‘” It’s not about one phone,” Cook told Time magazine in March. “It’s very much about the future. You have a guy in Manhattan saying, ‘I’ve got 175 phones that I want to take through this process.’”’ This shows that Cook was thinking about it not only as giving access to one phone, but how it opens the door to the possibility of many more devices in the future. This is a problem because then he has many crime cases to follow that ask for information he shouldn’t be giving out in the first place

• No because No

No because I said no, do you understand I said no, do you want me to say it in Spanish no. You need me to repeat myself, fine okay. No because I said no, do you understand I said no, do you want me to say it in Spanish no. You need me to repeat myself, fine okay. No because I said no, do you understand I said no, do you want me to say it in Spanish no. You need me to repeat myself, fine okay. No because I said no, do you understand I said no, do you want me to say it in Spanish no. You need me to repeat myself, fine okay. No because I said no, do you understand I said no, do you want me to say it in Spanish no. You need me to repeat myself, fine okay. No because I said no, do you understand I said no, do you want me to say it in Spanish no. You need me to repeat myself, fine okay. No because I said no, do you understand I said no, do you want me to say it in Spanish no. You need me to repeat myself, fine okay. No because I said no, do you understand I said no, do you want me to say it in Spanish no. You need me to repeat myself, fine okay. No because I said no, do you understand I said no, do you want me to say it in Spanish no. You need me to repeat myself, fine okay. No because I said no, do you understand I said no, do you want me to say it in Spanish no. You need me to repeat myself, fine okay. No because I said no, do you understand I said no, do you want me to say it in Spanish no. You need me to repeat myself, fine okay.