Should the government paint the white house a different colour?

Asked by: bananaunicorn4
  • White is boring

I think they should paint it a color that stands out the most... Something that screams "this is the white house!!!". Something that can be seen from space and makes all eyes of the world point in the direction of Washington D.C I think the best color would be pink with purple pokadots and a massive yellow stripe down the middle, and a blue-red tiger pattern on the doors.

I think that would be epic XD

Aside from jokes... No it looks fine

• It' s simple logic.

If the blue man lives in the blue house, the yellow man lives in the yellow house, and the red man lives the red house, what sense does it make for a black man to live the white house? In order to comply with simple logical principles, we must paint the white house black so that our government is not resting upon a major contradiction.

• Yes i do think

To give it more pazazzzzzzz hot pink, blue, purple... Who cares on the name of the building I want a national monument to be a pretty color, white it to boring black would be atleast a little better ooooa what about magenta hmmm I hope they do a pretty color

• Sounds like a good idea to me.

To me, the name "whitehouse" sounds racist to me because I think that it implies that it is only for white people, appearing to be meant to imply that white people always make better presidents than other races. If we paint it a color that is not significantly associated in any way with ethnicity, we would be forced change its name, thus avoiding any possible racism. For example, if we painted it yellow, we would have to call it the yellowhouse. I will quote 11kennardb on this: "...You'd be desecrating the name of this most important figure of your culture." That does not make any difference. As I stated earlier, the name "whitehouse" is probably racist and makes no sense without a white color. Being respectful to those who are alive today is more important than respecting a dead man who is probably in heaven and does not care if you are respecting him or not. I know my argument is probably a little bit insulting, but it has no racist or insulting intent behind it.

• Bring back the old colour

They should bring back the chard look that it once held. I think it would look better that way as well as serve the people more efficiently. It really is just a symbol, so we can better symbolize it through a new exterior and interior design. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Burning_of_Washington if you think im lying

• Why not ?

White is boring. Too plain of a color but I have no idea how they'd pick a new color. Having a president pick the color would be way too out of control repainting the house every 4 or 8 years. It was naturally a grey color before it burned down in 1812 from the attacks from the British. They don't need to keep calling it "the white house", they could simply repaint the house and call it "The President's House".

• White is stupid

It needs a little more color and who wants to get a stain on a nice white house. It needs a new look so that people will wanna see it. Who wants to go visit a white house. In needs a little more color then just plain old white. .

• Change The White House To Taupe Black and White

Combination of the tree colors: Taupe White and Black will help send a message and a feeling of Unity in The USA
    Call it:

The U. S. President's House

When you combine all the colors on the world what color do you get? Brown/Black
    And we all bleed the same color and feel pain when we hurt

In changing the color people who experience racist remarks against them will start to heal and The White House will be something of the past and it will show we are on our why to undo wrongs and truely show respect for one another
    Well it's part the beginning of change

• Multiple Colors and Rename

Multiple colors to represent multiracial population. Rename it Unity House or some other name that symbolizes a “United States. ”

But, Like others said. . . Renaming and coloring the house is by far not the first or even a critical step toward improving racial, Ethnic, Religious, And gender/sexuality relations in our nation.

• Paint it Clear

White is fine. Boring, For sure, But whatever, It's a government building, What do you expect? It is my belief, However, That there ought to be some transparency in government, And unless whoever the president, Whoever that may, Wishes to stand up in front of the American people and decry transparency, The white house should be painted clear.

• It is impossible

If the white house were to be painted a different colour, then it would no longer be the white house. Even though I would love to see it in a nice mint colour, it cannot be painted a different colour. Unless they started calling it something else of course... They could just call it the presipartment.

• It is Historic

The white house has been white ever since it was first made so changing it would be an offense to the history of the white house, so if the government were to change the color, except the pink LIGHTS during breast cancer awareness month. They just shouldn't because like a said it would be a disgrace to whatever president would do that.

• Waste of Money

The US is already in trillions of dollars of debt. Re-painting an iconic building, which has a well-known colour (it's in its name!), would be a total waste of paint, time, and money. Not only that, you'd be desecrating the name of this important figure of your culture. Besides, why would you want to repaint it anyway?!

• Why would you want to?

I mean, sure, you COULD paint it a different color, but if you do a simple cost-benefit analysis, the costs outweigh the benefits. On the benefit side of things, you get rid of a color that some people find boring (I personally like it). On the cost side, you annoy people that like the color white, you change something that's been a major part of our culture for quite some time, and you'd have to spend a lot of tax payer money to do it. You'd have to buy the paint, buy the tools, pay the painters, among other things. In addition, you'd also have a ton of arguing and disagreement as to what color it should be painted.

• Why? Leave it the way it is

White House should remain white and keep the same name, It has been for a long time like this and the white people were the founders of this country. Why should we change things for a minority that is not possible to forget their past and to move on? Black people have the same rights as white nowadays (right to vote, Right to the same education system, Jobs available in both private and state/federal sectors, Right to live wherever they want to, Right to buy or sell and the list can go on). If a lot of black people don’t like to study or to work then it is not the white people’s fault. Besides let’s not forget that 75% or us population is White, So of course they will be more white people than black. Also, If black people hate US so much as they show it, Then they are free to go back to Africa, Or to give them a couple of states and to let them live alone the way they would like.
    But to demolish statues, To vandalize the country it is not the right thing to do, They obviously do not realize they will be the one to suffer.
    In my opinion they still have this complex of inferiority and that is the reason they cannot simply move on.
    And to give you an example. I am white and I do not even think about walking down the streets of a black neighborhood because I am sure something would happen to me, But a black person can walk down my neighborhood with no problems, Nothing will happen to him. So, Take the conclusion yourself.
    I do have a few black people that I know of, And they are very good, Normal, Educated people that I admire.
    I am not racist, But I cannot go along with what have been doing lately to my country. I am for peace.

• Don't be stupid!!!!

1st of all for all of you race baiters....There is nothing about race that in any way associated with the color of that house. The color of the house is a very historical thing. I know that liberals being scared of history want this changed. I really feel sorry for this country because of debates like this happening.

• If you are a race activist this would be a waste of time

Well I would say there are far more pressing matters to attend to than the color of the president's residence. I'm pretty sure the new hidden racism found in workplaces, media, social gatherings should be addressed. Not something as ridiculous as the color of the president's home. The General Lee statue is black! And he was a popular Confederate general. Oh no we should paint it white!

• What is the Point?

Whatever we would spend on painting the White House (way too much as the government over pays for everything) we could use to give back into the economy. This is overall a dumb idea, the only argument against not painting the white house, is that people think it's boring painted white. We don't have the money to worry about what houses look boring to some people....

Madsolesen says2016-01-08T08:57:58.377
I think the house should have the same colour as the president xD
That means if Trump gets elected, it should be painted grey