Should the Harry Potter series be banned from schools?

• Borders on Witchcraft

I believe the "spells" and things in this book borders on witchcraft and that should not be in the public schools... This should be a book read at home given by a parent if they want the child to read it.. It's not appropriate for school aged children. Our tax dollars pay for education and that is what exactly it should be, not fantasy time.

• I am actually doing this topic in my debate team, and I have yes.

The Harry Potter books should be banned because the books are a great fantasy novel that will put ideas into children's heads. Such as the MURDER or Harry's parents, what happened to Jenny in the chamber of secrets, and not to mention the bad language. This is not a book that young children should be reading. I they want to read this book they should do it outside school where they won't get distracted.

• The Harry Potter series should be banned from schools.

Harry Potter is a good book, but it's not appropriate for schools. It's a fantasy novel that panders to children's immature sensibilities. It is not an academic book. If children want to indulge in fantastical escapist fantasies, they should do it outside of school. They should not get distracted while at school.

• Harry Potter should be banned

Should schools ban Harry Potter
    Yes i think that they should
    By: Nick woolf

I think that harry potter should be ban because they have bad language and if I were a parent I would not want my child to hear or see that kind of language because it might come out of the book and then children will be using that kind of language will get them in trouble.

In Harry potter there is lots of witchcraft and spirtitual activities including killings and sacrifices. If they have mental problems they may take that to real life and start there killings animals then it will get more serious and then the crimes will get more turn into kidnappings and maybe even murder so that they can take part in spirtitual killings and that could get them a minimum sentence of 25 years and a maximum sentence of life without parole or if there state takes place in the punishment of death which is more formerly known as death row.

In the book Harry Potter Harry and his friends vandalizing property that is not theirs and they also don't get in trouble. The punishment for this is a fine of 2,000 U.S dollars for first time offenders if they keep vandalizing properties they can go to prison for more than 10 years

Some parents don't want Harry Potter because if the family is very religious they do not want their child reading something that is an insult, against there religion or if there religon has a dark history that they don't want their children to know.

So in conclusion if kids at a young age are exposed to this kind of books we could be raising killers, abusers, swearers, and vandalizer. If we raise these kind of children who knows what it will turn into and we will all have J.K Rowling for it.

• No, Harry Potter sparks kid's interest in reading!

All of you saying that Harry Potter promotes witchcraft need to calm down. It's fantasy! Harry Potter sparked my interest in reading at 7, and by twelve, I could read 1000 words per minute, double the average college student! Don't clip off children's wings. It's age appropriate and draws the reader in. Some may say it is distracting, but as a free reading book, or even a class book, it would be fine. It has a rich plot and many writer's techniques.

• Harry Potter should not be banned

I read the Harry Potter books when I was a kid and last time I checked, I don't practice witchcraft and don't know anyone who has been encouraged to practice witchcraft by the Harry Potter books. There has been magic and other things in children's movies yet I'm sure there haven't been as many complaints about that.

As for the people who complain about the Harry Potter books teaching children that defying the law and breaking rules is a good idea, Harry Potter also teaches children important lessons like bravery and loyalty. There are good life lessons in the Harry Potter books. An example of a good life lesson shown in the Harry Potter books is the Albus Dumbledore quote, "Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times if one only remembers to turn on the light."

• Why Fight Over These Kinds of Arguments?

Seriously, people have their own opinions. Just because you don't like it, doesn't mean everyone doesn't for example some people like anchovies and some don't. I'm not trying to say I'm on one side, I'm on both. I agree and disagree. Do you guys really need to fight over this? Some schools can ban it, some schools can keep it. There are going to be wars soon if you keep arguing.

• Ban This Shit

I believe the "spells" and things in this book borders on witchcraft and that should not be in the public schools. . . This should be a book read at home given by a parent if they want the child to read it. . It's not appropriate for school aged children. Our tax dollars pay for education and that is what exactly it should be, Not fantasy time.

• Ban This Shit

• Ban this shit

• Cause no it shouldn't

ITs amazing and it teaches lessons about friendships and different values that people should have. It also talks about how you can't judge a person without knowing their backstory. For example, Snape was looked at as a bad guy until the very end where his past is shown and his reasoning behind his actions are also shown. People SHOULD LEARN.

• Harry Potter should NEVER be banned.

Harry Potter should NOT be banned. I have been a Harry Potter lunatic for the past 4 years. My school recently banned it because it’s against satanism. I never even thought about it turning into violence, Nor do i have friends who thought about that. Harry and his friends were helping the wizarding world. It was just a typical good bad plot. If your religion is against that, Then don’t read it. But it shouldn’t have to make others suffer for it. This is outrageous. You should never silence a book.

• It is allegory and ethics in a literary format.

The people on here who say that Harry Potter should be banned because it is fantasy should understand that most literature is fantasy. From Macbeth that features the 3 witches, To the legend of Gilgamesh much of literature uses supernatural settings and themes as a vehicle and allegory for themes and ethics that are hard to face head on such as discrimination, Prejudice, Torture in prisons, The importance of Habeas Corpus, And the virtue of standing up for what is right.

For the people who believe that it should be banned on religious grounds, The books do not have a religious bend to them. This does not attempt to teach children magic and it has Christian themes and lessons though they are taught without a religious aspect.

• NO Fuck no

I t h a s n o i v i o l en c e i t i s g a y i t s u c k s nidn jfv n v nv v v v v vdns f a fv v e er vev qteh e fgb g

• Penis is good

Yu d d ss ss ss s sss s s ss. S. S s s s s s ss s s s s. S s s ss. Ss s s s s s s s s s. S s s s s s ss s s s. S sss d

• Harry Potter is helps children.

Harry Potter helps children learn new words and different meanings. It also is an amazing book full of imagination that needs to be shared with the world. It is a book on bravery, friendship, love and coming of age. It is a book that children should read because there are people that are not unlike the people in the world today. It helps you learn about the world.

• It gives into imagination

Children need in imagination and ideas. The murders are part of the storyline not pointed at the fact that his parents are dead it says it a few times in the book not used for exxentails. But here you go imagination is important and it helps kids learn deeper thoughts.

• No way Harry potter is the best book series ever.

I understand the Harry potter movies are completely terrible, but the books have many important life lessons and quotes in them. I would advise everyone to read them, if you think the movies were not god and that is why you will not read them, you don't know what you are missing. The books have lessons like, friendship, bravery, and love. I hope everyone will deside to read this book.

• Moral values taught

The Harry Potter series is one that teaches young children values and morals like bravery, cleverness, friendships and others through a world that they will understand. Moreover, it helps them understand that sometimes even the authorities can be mistaken and we need to stand up for what is correct, regardless of who is against us. Hermione is a strong female character who is a better role model for children (girls specifically) than the prissy, docile princesses.

• It is a good entertaining book for everyone

This is from an arcticle that is called ¨Reasons why you should read harry potter. If you read it you would know where i got this from. There are also a couple funny parts in Reasons why you should read harry potter.¨ for example when ron and harry are late again the teacher says, Well, thank you for that assignment, Mr. Weasley. Perhaps it would be more useful if i were to transfigure Mr. Potter and yourself into a pocket watch. That way, one of you might be on time.

>