• Regulate the shit out of them. . .

The attack on independant journalists going on right now was the final straw. These days independants have to always be worried that a story may go against constantly changing community guidelines and they could have their youtube channel shut down. What is happening is an attack and attempt to shut down independant news or at the least, Limit the reach they have all while using their algorithms to push the "CNN's" to the top. I want to get the full story, Not the curated content that were seeing now and if we don't regulate them, The only news we are going to see will be what the left leaning media giants want us to. Our news will turn into one giant piece of propaganda.

• Porn porn porn

Kids could be searching innocent things on the internet and then BOOM! PORN PORN PORN they could be scared for their life and then they might show their parents and they would be the ones to get in trouble and what if they stumbeledd across an R rated movie or an 18 plus then they would be to scared to sleep and if the watched a scary movie then the parents would blame them again

• Anybody can do anything. . .

The resources we have available to us is uncanny! Any teen has free access to anything their thumbs wish! Take the bombing of the Boston Marathon. The second some random person decides to type the words "how to make a homemade bomb" is the second many deaths or tragedies can occur. Innocent people's lives depend on internet regulation!

• Yes it’s needs to

Well things called porn kids can see and their childhood can be turn into a aggressive person while frowning up into a person that has been the biggest person it’s awesome private th Bat has it been ugliest but bye people these are the way they get acted like nothing

• Yes it should

The only way to remove indecent images of children, Rape videos, Video's uploaded without consent, Terrorist material etc. . . Is to make sure we have control of what is hosted online. The argument of 'its taking away my privacy' is useless when so many women, Men and children especially have there privacy taken away and images/videos which can/will ruin there lives is shared for profit. The government and isp's monitoring the websites you visit is a small price to pay to stop child abuse.

• School Schootings?

In Florida there was a shooting at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School, FBI says Nikolas Cruz was posting very alarming posts of guns and commenting how he'd shoot up a school. If the government had control of technology then they could've prevented this horrible massacre which brings me back to my reason why the government should control social media. The government would be able to prevent school shootings or see if someone is acting a little suspicious

• The internet should be regulated the same way the media is

If your favorite media site starting reporting that America was in the center of the world, Would you believe them? If you say yes, then you need a dose of scrutiny. The internet, like every other data producing organization, needs to make sure that it posts the truth. The problem, no one wants to regulate it as they think that it will infringe on free speech. I'm fourteen, and I can't go into a R- rated theater without a person older than 17. So, Why can I find porn on GOOGLE IMAGES WITH SAFE SEARCH ON?? The internet will not regulate itself, so the GOVERNMENT, under the commerce clause in the constitution, can regulate interstate trade, I'm pretty sure that the server your on right not is not in your state. Therefore, it's interstate trading of data.

• Government Should Have Some but NOT too much control

Enough control to help monitor bad things that are posted and allowing people to have their privacy. Insure that what is posted is not offensive to the majority of people. Government should pass new laws that protect people from the government limiting what people post on the internet and how much control the government has of the internet.

• The internet should be controlled but only for safety reasons

I believe the internet should be controlled but only for safety reasons, as there are terrorist websites that terrorists use to spread their ideas and some teenagers and children are easily convinced. Other things government should control is drug dealing, weapon selling etc. But they should never ban sites for political benefits because this will show the people that there is no freedom of speech and people will go against the government.

• PORN kills lives

Pls don't kill ma kids. Pray for meh. I mean its god's plan. Imagine if I never met the broskis who made inyetrnet shiny and cool. Then the kids watching sexual content and be wanking their tallywagers . Ples help meh in the best way possinble. Pray for meh. PLSS

• Lol if you think the large companies will let it happen

Why would you let the goverment do this, like mentioned by others This means they have total access to YOU, What YOU are doing when YOU are doing it and how they can market things to YOU.

YOU will no longer be free and this will not happen anyway

Anonymous will not let it.

• They are taking away our freedom.

We all understand that technology is a new device giving to the world, but having to pay just to look for something on google is just a scheme for the government to take more money from the people. I understand that people look up awful things and the government could do minor things to change that, but making people pay to go on the internet is ludicrous. Proceeding with this debate and having the argument won could lead to awful things for America.

• Internet freedom at Risk

People who are voting yes do not know how the internet operates. The internet is one of the only places where freedom of speech is actually 100% accurate. Sure, offensive things can be taken down by the site it is posted on but it allows for people to come together and to speak freely.
    Along with this, if net neutrality ended then big ISPs are going to be in control. They will be able to bundle websites like they do for TV. People will be paying more for websites and will be restricted from accessing everything. Imagine going to google something and you didn't include Google in your new Internet bundle so you have to pay a fee to access it? And websites that are not as highly trafficked are going to be pushed into a slow lane and will function at a much slower rate.

• A problem regarding the children.

Government transformed the internet and lots of the big companies like Youtube into complete radical copyright puppets. Lots of people brag about TV for children but I see only junk. If you put your children to watch the cartoons on the TV today you make a big mistake because its TOXIC! That's why I want to find the ones from my childhood but everywhere I look most of them are deleted or are in pieces. I can't even find somewhere to buy them. I see that they leave other content far more important but is it really worth it to delete cartoons of 10-40 years old from sites like Youtube or is it something planed??? Be aware, they try to control our kids from all the junk they put on TV!

• How would you regulate it really

I am for protecting children from porn. Maybe websites need some type of rating system similar to movies then in your system settings you set what it will allow certain ratings similar to parental controls on you're direct tv. How you get everyone everywhere to comply I don't know.

So it becomes nearly impossible to regulate this stuff. The nefarious actors the so called hackers and file sharers and porn pedlers, will out innovate the government they already do. They manage to catch a few but it pales in comparison to how many are out there.

So it then becomes a matter of we put all these regulations on what can and can't be on there and it only inhibits those of us not savvy enough to get around it. Which should in theory protect the children. Problem is the kids are smarter than the adults when it comes to this stuff and they will find a way.

So I guess my point is we will end up creating a whole new innefective government agency that will spend money endlessly and accomplish little.

Similar to the war on drugs we spend billions fighting drugs but there's more users than ever before and prisons full of non violent offenders costing huge amounts of money and not really accomplishing much. So we going to lock grandma up for clicking on the wrong website.

I really think it will end up bad. Instead of online startups making business. They will creat online business lisences and fees and crazy crap like that all in the name of funding their cyber war let's just not go there please. The criminals will just invent ways around it all and the government will possibly make it unusable In the process. We will have DMV style waiting lists to visit websites or who knows what crazy stuff our government will come up with.

• You loose all the privacy and freedom of speech that you´re supposed to own.

I understand that most of all parents are worried about what could happen in the internet, but, just take a minute and think about it. If internet is policed, people over the world would loose their privacy and the freedom of speech. I understand both sides, but a violation of human rights is not cuestionable.
    Therefore I highly support the answer of NO. Internet should not be policed (my opinion).

• People value their privacy

Without privacy people become less human, if their information and data is not private then they lose a bit of them, we'd all be the same, all of us would be going on the same websites, be doing the same the thing everyday because it is all be monitored. As a child myself I feel like even though yes if you have nothing to hide it's not a problem but that's not the point. Every time you use the internet you would be worrying that you might get a pop-up ad and go on some dodgy website. There's no way to know if the government will find out anything such as terror attacks by regulating the internet and it'll just cause trouble for people. Looking at this website 66% of people say no, imagine if we asked everyone, it'll still be the same, more people say no.

• Loss of online jobs and mode of relaxation

Personally, if the internet was to be regulated, many online shopping websites ,people who uses an online blog to earn a living, would lose their career.Additionally, many people whom I know uses the internet as a mode of relaxation when they want to calm their minds or even stressed out, and just want to relax and read their favourite blogs and funny videos , might lose their way of relaxing and destressing .

• Yfdtrs5i7kufi,ghfnchxfsyrjdtkur7ltugok ghf uiyui

98hy gfp98éryg rgo yrg rgy rgy8rygwroihgfy g ysoid v d ivdih ggh oisgh soidgh g fs gs g v dy fso isig ysd hewofhwe0oi w wep9 gwe9 gw9 g0we9 g0w9 g09e rygosdpi hvodfih voig wpe gpi rp vpwr yp0u9g0gu 0er9 g g p0g9 0r9gup re09gu erg erg9 re g09reu r9ug

• N n n

N n n n n n n n n n n n nn n n n n n n n n n n n nn n n n n n n n n n n n nn n n n n n n n n n n n n n