• The internet should be regulated in the same way that society is.

The internet should be regulated by the government, just as other venues of media and commerce are. There is no plausible reason that something on the internet should be exempt from Intellectual property and commercial laws, as well as laws that cover other forms of media such as television and radio. The very real and dangerous presence of illegal images such as child pornography and voyeuristic videos alone are a reason that the web should not be a free-for-all. The internet should mirror society at large -- while free speech and liberties are important, we acknowledge a social contract to give up a little of our liberties in exchange for certain protections. There is nothing unusual or nefarious about that.

• Yes

If the internet were not regulated by the government it could become all to easy to communicate regarding terrorist activities. It would also be difficult from keeping child pornography from being stopped and those who create it punished. I believe it is a waste of the governments time and resources, however, to attempt to stop piracy.

• Yes, we need motivation.

I believe that the internet should be regulated, I am a teenager, 16 years old. Yes i use the internet on a daily basis, but i feel that it should be regulated and use it a lot less then what we use it now. I think its safe to say that people that have an access to the internet over abuse the way it should be used. We spend most of our time on the internet instead of helping someone or going outside to enjoy the day. We take the internet too serious. The internet is an amazing tool and can be used for homework, works and for socializing but I believe we have to start using it less because its getting out of control. In the social websites, such as Facebook and Twitter, people talk about other people and that's how problems start. Many people fight over something stupid because it was said over the internet. I think we can make things better without the internet.

• The Internet should absolutely be regulated.

People should use the Internet to do research, write e-mails but not be able to use it as a weapon to cyber bully kids, adults and business. Many people these days are just cowards, hiding behind the Internet and posting nonsense. This should be banned. People need to get a life and not destroy lives of others. There is no social responsibility or accountability any longer. Where will this all lead to? We are supposed to be civilized and not junk, yet the world is turning for the worse it seems. These "freedoms" don't lead to anything positive. Use the Internet properly but not to vent anger.

• Yes it should be regulated

The internet should be regulated just like television. Children should not be able to have access to free porn; people should not be able to ruin someone's life or career with postings and articles on Google; people should not be able to have access to all of your PRIVATE information.

• Only for national security reasons.

If at the very least, the internet should be regulated for the sake of national security. I personally don't care what other people search preferences are, that's their business, but any suspicious criminal and terrorist traffic has to be kept under check. If we had the authority ten years ago that we do now, 9/11 would have been exposed and 2700 lives could've been saved.

• I would like an internet that separates between porn/gambling and general sites.

Pornography is destructive, it ruins peoples lives. Therefore, all porn sites or gambling sites should be forced to have an EFFECTIVE "Prove you're 18" type of entrance without showing lewd pictures on the cover page. I think the majority of internet users wouldn't mind posting their adult content appropriately if so instructed.

• Yes it should be.

For national security reasons as well as protection of children it needs to be regulated. Just like television is regulated, Internet should also be regulated. There's a big difference by monitoring and regulating the Internet. And people get confused with that. Monitoring people or the government simply watch for someone breaking the law. Regulating the Internet is what should be displayed and to whom.

• Regulation by its very nature sets limits to freedom, which is the most basic principle of democratic societies

There is a contradiction intrinsic to the notion of regulating what are supposed to be the free means of expression and information in a modern society. Dennis McQuail stated that “Regulation by its very nature sets limits to freedom, which is the most basic principle of democratic societies.” At the very least, this means that there have to be clear and convincing reasons for tougher regulation, and although we can give general justifications for regulation that help to reconcile it with principles of freedom and democracy, we cannot escape from this underlying tension. The advancement in technology and the exponential growth in the online industry as well as the demand for innovative information deregulation and low monitored regulations however break the barriers that stifle the online industry and enhance its growth.

• I am young

I don't want to see yucky sites even Facebook is to far so it should be regulated only if they want if for example young kid like me but either way people will still put yucky and gross stuff on the internet so it doenst really matter but it should just because of the young kids

• Lol if you think the large companies will let it happen

Why would you let the goverment do this, like mentioned by others This means they have total access to YOU, What YOU are doing when YOU are doing it and how they can market things to YOU.

YOU will no longer be free and this will not happen anyway

Anonymous will not let it.

• They are taking away our freedom.

We all understand that technology is a new device giving to the world, but having to pay just to look for something on google is just a scheme for the government to take more money from the people. I understand that people look up awful things and the government could do minor things to change that, but making people pay to go on the internet is ludicrous. Proceeding with this debate and having the argument won could lead to awful things for America.

• Internet freedom at Risk

People who are voting yes do not know how the internet operates. The internet is one of the only places where freedom of speech is actually 100% accurate. Sure, offensive things can be taken down by the site it is posted on but it allows for people to come together and to speak freely.
    Along with this, if net neutrality ended then big ISPs are going to be in control. They will be able to bundle websites like they do for TV. People will be paying more for websites and will be restricted from accessing everything. Imagine going to google something and you didn't include Google in your new Internet bundle so you have to pay a fee to access it? And websites that are not as highly trafficked are going to be pushed into a slow lane and will function at a much slower rate.

• A problem regarding the children.

Government transformed the internet and lots of the big companies like Youtube into complete radical copyright puppets. Lots of people brag about TV for children but I see only junk. If you put your children to watch the cartoons on the TV today you make a big mistake because its TOXIC! That's why I want to find the ones from my childhood but everywhere I look most of them are deleted or are in pieces. I can't even find somewhere to buy them. I see that they leave other content far more important but is it really worth it to delete cartoons of 10-40 years old from sites like Youtube or is it something planed??? Be aware, they try to control our kids from all the junk they put on TV!

• How would you regulate it really

I am for protecting children from porn. Maybe websites need some type of rating system similar to movies then in your system settings you set what it will allow certain ratings similar to parental controls on you're direct tv. How you get everyone everywhere to comply I don't know.

So it becomes nearly impossible to regulate this stuff. The nefarious actors the so called hackers and file sharers and porn pedlers, will out innovate the government they already do. They manage to catch a few but it pales in comparison to how many are out there.

So it then becomes a matter of we put all these regulations on what can and can't be on there and it only inhibits those of us not savvy enough to get around it. Which should in theory protect the children. Problem is the kids are smarter than the adults when it comes to this stuff and they will find a way.

So I guess my point is we will end up creating a whole new innefective government agency that will spend money endlessly and accomplish little.

Similar to the war on drugs we spend billions fighting drugs but there's more users than ever before and prisons full of non violent offenders costing huge amounts of money and not really accomplishing much. So we going to lock grandma up for clicking on the wrong website.

I really think it will end up bad. Instead of online startups making business. They will creat online business lisences and fees and crazy crap like that all in the name of funding their cyber war let's just not go there please. The criminals will just invent ways around it all and the government will possibly make it unusable In the process. We will have DMV style waiting lists to visit websites or who knows what crazy stuff our government will come up with.

• You loose all the privacy and freedom of speech that you´re supposed to own.

I understand that most of all parents are worried about what could happen in the internet, but, just take a minute and think about it. If internet is policed, people over the world would loose their privacy and the freedom of speech. I understand both sides, but a violation of human rights is not cuestionable.
    Therefore I highly support the answer of NO. Internet should not be policed (my opinion).

• People value their privacy

Without privacy people become less human, if their information and data is not private then they lose a bit of them, we'd all be the same, all of us would be going on the same websites, be doing the same the thing everyday because it is all be monitored. As a child myself I feel like even though yes if you have nothing to hide it's not a problem but that's not the point. Every time you use the internet you would be worrying that you might get a pop-up ad and go on some dodgy website. There's no way to know if the government will find out anything such as terror attacks by regulating the internet and it'll just cause trouble for people. Looking at this website 66% of people say no, imagine if we asked everyone, it'll still be the same, more people say no.

• Loss of online jobs and mode of relaxation

Personally, if the internet was to be regulated, many online shopping websites ,people who uses an online blog to earn a living, would lose their career.Additionally, many people whom I know uses the internet as a mode of relaxation when they want to calm their minds or even stressed out, and just want to relax and read their favourite blogs and funny videos , might lose their way of relaxing and destressing .

• Yfdtrs5i7kufi,ghfnchxfsyrjdtkur7ltugok ghf uiyui

98hy gfp98éryg rgo yrg rgy rgy8rygwroihgfy g ysoid v d ivdih ggh oisgh soidgh g fs gs g v dy fso isig ysd hewofhwe0oi w wep9 gwe9 gw9 g0we9 g0w9 g09e rygosdpi hvodfih voig wpe gpi rp vpwr yp0u9g0gu 0er9 g g p0g9 0r9gup re09gu erg erg9 re g09reu r9ug

• N n n

N n n n n n n n n n n n nn n n n n n n n n n n n nn n n n n n n n n n n n nn n n n n n n n n n n n n n