• Regulate the shit out of them. . .

The attack on independant journalists going on right now was the final straw. These days independants have to always be worried that a story may go against constantly changing community guidelines and they could have their youtube channel shut down. What is happening is an attack and attempt to shut down independant news or at the least, Limit the reach they have all while using their algorithms to push the "CNN's" to the top. I want to get the full story, Not the curated content that were seeing now and if we don't regulate them, The only news we are going to see will be what the left leaning media giants want us to. Our news will turn into one giant piece of propaganda.

• Porn porn porn

Kids could be searching innocent things on the internet and then BOOM! PORN PORN PORN they could be scared for their life and then they might show their parents and they would be the ones to get in trouble and what if they stumbeledd across an R rated movie or an 18 plus then they would be to scared to sleep and if the watched a scary movie then the parents would blame them again

• Anybody can do anything. . .

The resources we have available to us is uncanny! Any teen has free access to anything their thumbs wish! Take the bombing of the Boston Marathon. The second some random person decides to type the words "how to make a homemade bomb" is the second many deaths or tragedies can occur. Innocent people's lives depend on internet regulation!

• Yes it’s needs to

Well things called porn kids can see and their childhood can be turn into a aggressive person while frowning up into a person that has been the biggest person it’s awesome private th Bat has it been ugliest but bye people these are the way they get acted like nothing

• Yes it should

The only way to remove indecent images of children, Rape videos, Video's uploaded without consent, Terrorist material etc. . . Is to make sure we have control of what is hosted online. The argument of 'its taking away my privacy' is useless when so many women, Men and children especially have there privacy taken away and images/videos which can/will ruin there lives is shared for profit. The government and isp's monitoring the websites you visit is a small price to pay to stop child abuse.

• School Schootings?

In Florida there was a shooting at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School, FBI says Nikolas Cruz was posting very alarming posts of guns and commenting how he'd shoot up a school. If the government had control of technology then they could've prevented this horrible massacre which brings me back to my reason why the government should control social media. The government would be able to prevent school shootings or see if someone is acting a little suspicious

• The internet should be regulated the same way the media is

If your favorite media site starting reporting that America was in the center of the world, Would you believe them? If you say yes, then you need a dose of scrutiny. The internet, like every other data producing organization, needs to make sure that it posts the truth. The problem, no one wants to regulate it as they think that it will infringe on free speech. I'm fourteen, and I can't go into a R- rated theater without a person older than 17. So, Why can I find porn on GOOGLE IMAGES WITH SAFE SEARCH ON?? The internet will not regulate itself, so the GOVERNMENT, under the commerce clause in the constitution, can regulate interstate trade, I'm pretty sure that the server your on right not is not in your state. Therefore, it's interstate trading of data.

• Government Should Have Some but NOT too much control

Enough control to help monitor bad things that are posted and allowing people to have their privacy. Insure that what is posted is not offensive to the majority of people. Government should pass new laws that protect people from the government limiting what people post on the internet and how much control the government has of the internet.

• The internet should be controlled but only for safety reasons

I believe the internet should be controlled but only for safety reasons, as there are terrorist websites that terrorists use to spread their ideas and some teenagers and children are easily convinced. Other things government should control is drug dealing, weapon selling etc. But they should never ban sites for political benefits because this will show the people that there is no freedom of speech and people will go against the government.

• PORN kills lives

Pls don't kill ma kids. Pray for meh. I mean its god's plan. Imagine if I never met the broskis who made inyetrnet shiny and cool. Then the kids watching sexual content and be wanking their tallywagers . Ples help meh in the best way possinble. Pray for meh. PLSS

• Censorship denies freedom of speech and suppresses alternative viewpoints

Given that new media is prevalent in the more developed parts of the world, Maslow’s hierarchy of needs explains that freedom of speech then becomes more important, Since the individual’s basic needs have been met
    Moreover, Censorship in today’s world will only deny the populace healthy, Intellectual debate and challenging of dominant narratives
    According to Mill’s liberty principle, This repression of alternative narratives may cost the chance of the truth surfacing, Or may deny the people a chance to reaffirm their beliefs. Of course, This theory works on the assumption that the populace is mature and rational enough to discern the truth. If we contextualise censorship in the age of new media, It can be fairly argued that, In this case, The truth will prevail in the hands on an educated and intellectual populace.

• Regulation is Censorship.

So what regulations should be set in place? Who will decide this? China? America? North Korea? These are all legitimate governments.

What if the government bans something you like? Examples include your values, Your hobby, Your political views, Your religious beliefs? Certain keywords and phrases?

What about your uncensored thoughts and genuine, But unpopular, Concerns that you are banned from communicating in public for fear of backlash? I grew up in the 90's where it was a free for all where people swore, Trolled and flamed all day long and basically did and said whatever they wanted. People were brutally honest, It was anonymous, It was wild, It was crazy, It was true-freedom but most of all, IT WAS SO MUCH FUN! I'm saddened to see what it has become. The internet was where people go to do and say the things they can't do in civil society. The perfect outlet. There are no/very few clearweb websites that allow this sort of behaviour anymore. It was horrible watching people slowly get squeezed off of one platform after another one by censors banning everyone who use 'outdated language or "offensive" words (even in context such as talking about dog breeding but not being able to say b****). What if I don't want my content to be censored or filtered by anyone but me? What if I don't want my identity revealed, Monitored, Controlled, Diverted?

As far as I'm concerned, The internet is not located inside any one country so therefore it should be treated like international waters. What happens online is not the governments business. Governments should have no say in what goes on there.

If you don't like certain content, You can download one of the many, Many, Many free family friendly filters for your web browser. Some filters even allow you to filter out multiple websites and keywords.
    So for example, If you only want to see child friendly content, You can set your filter to that. Regulate yourself if you want regulation. It should be up to the individual to decide what content they view and not up to a government trying to protect it's image.

As for child abuse: We need to have a culture of reporting any and all potentially illegal activity must be stopped in the country where it originated.

• Honestly, Who cares?

Yes I know children see things, That life they will find out eventually from curiosity or from there friends, That`s why I say no because their friends will show them, They will ask you, They will find or trip onto it eventually that is just life not a need to regulate the internet.

• Cids ned it

Because if we don't regulate the internet it can break friendships since kids need to be active on snap to reply to there friends messages or if they don't the person who sent it might say well if they are my friend they would look at my message so it can cause arguments so it should be good if you check the internet regularly to keep your relationships with friends.

• I like the bee movie

Its really good
    don't ban it please
    the writing and the description is utterly fantastic and the bees are extremely attriactive ;)
    since I fell out of my mums fanny ive loved bees
    they are so majestic

thank you for reading I hope you watch the movie and enjoy it as much as I did

• Smelll yr dad

I really think yous all need to just shut the actual fuck up cause like i think the internet is amazing and use are all actaul shaggers bro love you homie hmu if you want a sucky sucky for like 50p if you have a dick above 10 inches ygm thanks xxxxxx

• No government is perfect

If government has control over the internet. Who is to say that it can't be used for the wrong purposes. Our government can turn tyrannical like any other and if it does they can keep you from seeing they don't want you to see.
    They can promote a political party, Censor information, Or something else like that. In order for that not to happen the internet should be free

Censor

• Tik tok can't be stopped

What would happen if Tik Tok was deleted? NO MORE MEMES. Memes fuel many lives and make many people happy so if you took away tik Tok it would lead to many sad people including myself. No more hits or misses no more tracers and no more flipping the switch. The world would go crazy

• Yes, Please regulate the only true freedom of speech left in this society. WTF.

If you have any problem about the internet's contents just close the goddamn tab. Why the fuck would you promote the government restricting or regulating data traffic just because it contains sensible content, Which children or whatever may see. Let me tell you this little life hack, If your child searches for porn or any adult content, It is your own fault as a parent, Not the government's or the internet (Seriously, Wtf). If you are actually concerned, You should now there are too many ways to set up a parental control, So the government doesn't have to do it for you, And fuck up everyone else. To put it simple, The internet is one of the best things that has ever happened to humanity. If you think it wouldn't change that much, Or it would all be the same, Well you're wrong (That's another argument, But don't you think it makes sense? ). Do you really want to screw it up so bad?

• Internet is great!

People always should be available to express themselves. Suck a dick suck a dick suck a dick suck a dick suck adick suck a dick suck a motherfuckiiing dick suck aaaaaaaaaaaa dick suck a big ooooooor small dick just suck the fucking dick already its important for you to suck a dick