• The internet should be regulated in the same way that society is.

The internet should be regulated by the government, just as other venues of media and commerce are. There is no plausible reason that something on the internet should be exempt from Intellectual property and commercial laws, as well as laws that cover other forms of media such as television and radio. The very real and dangerous presence of illegal images such as child pornography and voyeuristic videos alone are a reason that the web should not be a free-for-all. The internet should mirror society at large -- while free speech and liberties are important, we acknowledge a social contract to give up a little of our liberties in exchange for certain protections. There is nothing unusual or nefarious about that.

• Yes

If the internet were not regulated by the government it could become all to easy to communicate regarding terrorist activities. It would also be difficult from keeping child pornography from being stopped and those who create it punished. I believe it is a waste of the governments time and resources, however, to attempt to stop piracy.

• Yes, we need motivation.

I believe that the internet should be regulated, I am a teenager, 16 years old. Yes i use the internet on a daily basis, but i feel that it should be regulated and use it a lot less then what we use it now. I think its safe to say that people that have an access to the internet over abuse the way it should be used. We spend most of our time on the internet instead of helping someone or going outside to enjoy the day. We take the internet too serious. The internet is an amazing tool and can be used for homework, works and for socializing but I believe we have to start using it less because its getting out of control. In the social websites, such as Facebook and Twitter, people talk about other people and that's how problems start. Many people fight over something stupid because it was said over the internet. I think we can make things better without the internet.

• The Internet should absolutely be regulated.

People should use the Internet to do research, write e-mails but not be able to use it as a weapon to cyber bully kids, adults and business. Many people these days are just cowards, hiding behind the Internet and posting nonsense. This should be banned. People need to get a life and not destroy lives of others. There is no social responsibility or accountability any longer. Where will this all lead to? We are supposed to be civilized and not junk, yet the world is turning for the worse it seems. These "freedoms" don't lead to anything positive. Use the Internet properly but not to vent anger.

• Yes it should be regulated

The internet should be regulated just like television. Children should not be able to have access to free porn; people should not be able to ruin someone's life or career with postings and articles on Google; people should not be able to have access to all of your PRIVATE information.

• Only for national security reasons.

If at the very least, the internet should be regulated for the sake of national security. I personally don't care what other people search preferences are, that's their business, but any suspicious criminal and terrorist traffic has to be kept under check. If we had the authority ten years ago that we do now, 9/11 would have been exposed and 2700 lives could've been saved.

• I would like an internet that separates between porn/gambling and general sites.

Pornography is destructive, it ruins peoples lives. Therefore, all porn sites or gambling sites should be forced to have an EFFECTIVE "Prove you're 18" type of entrance without showing lewd pictures on the cover page. I think the majority of internet users wouldn't mind posting their adult content appropriately if so instructed.

• Yes it should be.

For national security reasons as well as protection of children it needs to be regulated. Just like television is regulated, Internet should also be regulated. There's a big difference by monitoring and regulating the Internet. And people get confused with that. Monitoring people or the government simply watch for someone breaking the law. Regulating the Internet is what should be displayed and to whom.

• Regulation by its very nature sets limits to freedom, which is the most basic principle of democratic societies

There is a contradiction intrinsic to the notion of regulating what are supposed to be the free means of expression and information in a modern society. Dennis McQuail stated that “Regulation by its very nature sets limits to freedom, which is the most basic principle of democratic societies.” At the very least, this means that there have to be clear and convincing reasons for tougher regulation, and although we can give general justifications for regulation that help to reconcile it with principles of freedom and democracy, we cannot escape from this underlying tension. The advancement in technology and the exponential growth in the online industry as well as the demand for innovative information deregulation and low monitored regulations however break the barriers that stifle the online industry and enhance its growth.

• I am young

I don't want to see yucky sites even Facebook is to far so it should be regulated only if they want if for example young kid like me but either way people will still put yucky and gross stuff on the internet so it doenst really matter but it should just because of the young kids

• Censorship denies freedom of speech and suppresses alternative viewpoints

Given that new media is prevalent in the more developed parts of the world, Maslow’s hierarchy of needs explains that freedom of speech then becomes more important, Since the individual’s basic needs have been met
    Moreover, Censorship in today’s world will only deny the populace healthy, Intellectual debate and challenging of dominant narratives
    According to Mill’s liberty principle, This repression of alternative narratives may cost the chance of the truth surfacing, Or may deny the people a chance to reaffirm their beliefs. Of course, This theory works on the assumption that the populace is mature and rational enough to discern the truth. If we contextualise censorship in the age of new media, It can be fairly argued that, In this case, The truth will prevail in the hands on an educated and intellectual populace.

• Regulation is Censorship.

So what regulations should be set in place? Who will decide this? China? America? North Korea? These are all legitimate governments.

What if the government bans something you like? Examples include your values, Your hobby, Your political views, Your religious beliefs? Certain keywords and phrases?

What about your uncensored thoughts and genuine, But unpopular, Concerns that you are banned from communicating in public for fear of backlash? I grew up in the 90's where it was a free for all where people swore, Trolled and flamed all day long and basically did and said whatever they wanted. People were brutally honest, It was anonymous, It was wild, It was crazy, It was true-freedom but most of all, IT WAS SO MUCH FUN! I'm saddened to see what it has become. The internet was where people go to do and say the things they can't do in civil society. The perfect outlet. There are no/very few clearweb websites that allow this sort of behaviour anymore. It was horrible watching people slowly get squeezed off of one platform after another one by censors banning everyone who use 'outdated language or "offensive" words (even in context such as talking about dog breeding but not being able to say b****). What if I don't want my content to be censored or filtered by anyone but me? What if I don't want my identity revealed, Monitored, Controlled, Diverted?

As far as I'm concerned, The internet is not located inside any one country so therefore it should be treated like international waters. What happens online is not the governments business. Governments should have no say in what goes on there.

If you don't like certain content, You can download one of the many, Many, Many free family friendly filters for your web browser. Some filters even allow you to filter out multiple websites and keywords.
    So for example, If you only want to see child friendly content, You can set your filter to that. Regulate yourself if you want regulation. It should be up to the individual to decide what content they view and not up to a government trying to protect it's image.

As for child abuse: We need to have a culture of reporting any and all potentially illegal activity must be stopped in the country where it originated.

• Honestly, Who cares?

Yes I know children see things, That life they will find out eventually from curiosity or from there friends, That`s why I say no because their friends will show them, They will ask you, They will find or trip onto it eventually that is just life not a need to regulate the internet.

• Cids ned it

Because if we don't regulate the internet it can break friendships since kids need to be active on snap to reply to there friends messages or if they don't the person who sent it might say well if they are my friend they would look at my message so it can cause arguments so it should be good if you check the internet regularly to keep your relationships with friends.

• I like the bee movie

Its really good
    don't ban it please
    the writing and the description is utterly fantastic and the bees are extremely attriactive ;)
    since I fell out of my mums fanny ive loved bees
    they are so majestic

thank you for reading I hope you watch the movie and enjoy it as much as I did

• Smelll yr dad

I really think yous all need to just shut the actual fuck up cause like i think the internet is amazing and use are all actaul shaggers bro love you homie hmu if you want a sucky sucky for like 50p if you have a dick above 10 inches ygm thanks xxxxxx

• No government is perfect

If government has control over the internet. Who is to say that it can't be used for the wrong purposes. Our government can turn tyrannical like any other and if it does they can keep you from seeing they don't want you to see.
    They can promote a political party, Censor information, Or something else like that. In order for that not to happen the internet should be free

Censor

• Tik tok can't be stopped

What would happen if Tik Tok was deleted? NO MORE MEMES. Memes fuel many lives and make many people happy so if you took away tik Tok it would lead to many sad people including myself. No more hits or misses no more tracers and no more flipping the switch. The world would go crazy

• Yes, Please regulate the only true freedom of speech left in this society. WTF.

If you have any problem about the internet's contents just close the goddamn tab. Why the fuck would you promote the government restricting or regulating data traffic just because it contains sensible content, Which children or whatever may see. Let me tell you this little life hack, If your child searches for porn or any adult content, It is your own fault as a parent, Not the government's or the internet (Seriously, Wtf). If you are actually concerned, You should now there are too many ways to set up a parental control, So the government doesn't have to do it for you, And fuck up everyone else. To put it simple, The internet is one of the best things that has ever happened to humanity. If you think it wouldn't change that much, Or it would all be the same, Well you're wrong (That's another argument, But don't you think it makes sense? ). Do you really want to screw it up so bad?

• Internet is great!

People always should be available to express themselves. Suck a dick suck a dick suck a dick suck a dick suck adick suck a dick suck a motherfuckiiing dick suck aaaaaaaaaaaa dick suck a big ooooooor small dick just suck the fucking dick already its important for you to suck a dick