• Under extreme circumstances.

I think that the military draft should remain an available option for the nation to obtain troops. Now, do I think it should be mandatory at all times, absolutely not. (I personally never want to serve.) However, if the nation officially declares war, and said war's demand for troops is high, the nation should be able to conscript able-bodied persons for the war effort. It is also my opinion that if the draft is ever placed into effect again, women should be included.

• Many people already volunteer to go into the army.

Back at around the the Vietnam War, we had a military draft because there were not enough people who wanted to join the army. However, at the present time of today, we have enough people who want to join the army, so having a draft would not be necessary for a draft.

• No way. For what reason?

They is no need to bring the draft back. Why are you in favor of this? They just no need for it. We have better technology in every sections of the US military. We have missiles that can destroy many things all at once. We have drones and cyberspace the US has. Are we in a big war? No. And even if the US was in a big war our technology is a big reason why the US would never bring the draft back.

• It goes against our rights.

"Neither slavery nor involuntary servitude, except as a punishment for crime whereof the party shall have been duly convicted, shall exist within the United States, or any place subject to their jurisdiction." is what the 13th amendment says, meaning that you can't be forced to serve involuntarily, and the draft counters this amendment. Our founding fathers wrote this out, and we must not violate this amendment.

>