• Transgenderism is clearly a mental illness and not a sexual orientation

The 40% suicide attempt rate statistic for transgenders shows it's a mental illness, This statistic doesn't significantly change at all wether they've transitioned or not, Pass in public or don't, Or have or don't have supportive family and friends. Sadly this ideology of gender differing from sex is very popular today and it's disturbing and tragic how many children and young people are being given the choice to permentantly mutilate themselves with hormones and surgery younger and younger all the time, Like they think a child can understand the permenance and just how long their lives are and the consequences of this dangerous ideology, How it will make them infertile, Unable to climax, Etc. . . I believe the best treatment would be therapy and not hormones and surgeries that never actually make the person happy. In my eyes saying that transitioning is the best thing for transgenders is the same as saying that major plastic surgery is the answer to people with body dysmorphia. However much they change they'll never be happy until their mental state is better.

• No justification for “LGBT”

Homosexual (gay or lesbian) and bisexual are sexual orientations. Transgender is not. People who are gay, Lesbian or bisexual are – or ought to be – insisting on living their lives simply as the people that they are, Which, Though not defined by, Certainly does include their natural sexuality. Transgender people are trying to be something that they are not and cannot ever biologically become.

• This needs to be stopped

I understand that people dislike their gender, But this doesn’t mean you should say what you’re not. It’s disgusting, And I feel that, It’s not fucking good. These people are regretting they’re decisions and fucking killing themselves over their retarded decision. I don’t just propose removing the T from LGBT, I’m saying we should make the surgery illegal, Because 1. The suicide rate for tranny’s is substantially higher than other people, For proof look it up yourself. 2. It’s a waste of materials that could be used for other, More useful surgeries, Meaning if someone came in to get their dick cut off, And the doctors did so but, Oh no, Some other guy that was having a stroke came in and it was a busy week with many surgeries, That would be a fatality. Granted, That’ll probably never happen, But still. Just accept your damn gender and get over it ya pussies.

• There Is Only 2 Genders.

1) Transexuals & Libtards (Communistic/Socialistic Fascist Nazis) Are Mentally Deranged People That Think There's More Then 2 Genders. 2) There's Only 2 Genders (Male & Female). 3) It Has NEVER Been Scientifically Proven That There's More Then 2 Genders. Transsexuality Is A Mental Disorder Worse Then Anti-Social Personality Disorder & Schizophrenia Put Together.

• The oppression may be similar, but the issues are different.

The demands of LGB and T are fundamentally different. LGBs only want the freedom to pursue their romantic and sexual interests with consenting partners. Ts are more concerned with changing fundamental concepts of gender/sex and are increasingly hostile to any LGBs who resist that ideology. Ts agenda is something they should pursue on their own; it doesn't just complicate the LGB struggle, it undermines it.

• Yes, get rid of the T.

Gay, lesbian and bisexual are sexual orientations; transgender is not. GLB people are, or should be, insisting on accepting themselves for who and what they are and are rejecting the notion that they ought or need to change it. Transgender people, on the other hand, are dissatisfied with who they are and are trying to change it. They have, in fact, far more in common with people who cannot or will not accept their homosexual orientation and who are trying to become “ex-gay”.

• There's a Difference in the Terms

LGB, which stand for Lesbian, Gay, and Bisexual, are sexualities. The T stands for Transgender, which is categorized as gender identity. Sexualities and Gender Identity should be seperate. It's that easy. It's not about what group of people is getting abused or anything like that in which I've seen in counterclaims. It's about having acurate terms in acurate categories.

• Gender Identity is a REAL Battle, but it isn't Sexuality.

I am not saying I am speaking the gospel here. My understanding is once transitioned the person identifies with their correct gender. Their sexuality aligns with that gender association. Not all trans folks are lesbian or gay, we definitely learned that with Caitlyn. I support trans rights but lesbian and gay rights are the secondary conversation for trans people as many live heterosexual lives after...

• We can hold our own.

All of the progress I've seen so far for the trans community has been achieved by activists within our specific community. Our relationship with the LGB community has always been parasitic.

They bring us out when they need to drum up attention fast, we take a lot of punches for them, and we're expected to go out of our way to fight for LGB related issues that don't impact us. When we ask them to return the favor and help with issues that don't impact them if they even respond it's to say "you're on your own." The T should be dropped so that members of my community will stop wasting time looking for help from the LGB community.

• For quite some time now

I always felt that the acronyms lgbtqi , etc etc were ridiculous. Gay and lesbian individuals only have in common the fact they are gay and lesbian and to deal with those issues. We come from all walks of life. To keep including everyone else does a disservice not only to us, but to others. I think the demand for all-inclusion cause so much backlash.

• No. Absolutely not!

No. Many transgendered people do actually suffer from genuine biological compulsions that make them feel they are actually of the opposite sex. It would be very dangerous to disregard their biological/psychological concerns; on top of this they are one of the most vulnerable members in our society. I believe it would be a huge mistake to ignore or reject them in the LGBT community!

• Purple canary in the pink coal mine

Of course not. They are an incredibly vulnerable minority within a minority that is slowly gaining political strength and recognition. While I agree that the causes of transgender people are not always exactly the same as LGB people, all stand together under the brand of queer. Traditionally, trans have been the most visible and consequently the most oppressed segment of the queer community. Until trans people share the rights to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness, no gay person can hope that recent improvements in LGB rights will last. They are the purple canary in the pink coal mine.

• Keep the T.

While being Transsexual is different thing from LGB, transsexual's still get discriminated against and being part of that community would make them feel welcome and part of something important. Transsexuals are also still part of LGB as if they were born males and like males they were born gay but if they're were born male and like females then they're now lesbian. So really they are part of LGB and having the T doesn't take away from the importance of LGB or change it at all.

• Keep the family together

Every member of the LGBT community is discriminated against because of our perceived gender nonconformity. Standing together gives us the integral support each of us needs.

Yes there are certain issues that affect transgender people specifically which MUST BE ADDRESSED

Yes transgender people have faced bigotry and ignorance from other members of our community

This is a definite problem which MUST be met with INTRA-COMMUNITY education and advocacy. As well as CENTRING trans issues and supporting them as the LG part was supported by transgender people.

We have advocacy groups for Trans rights already, as well as education groups targeting both the queer community and mainstream society.

Changing attitudes takes time. Bigots and those people who are just ignorant or confused will still be that way if the T is removed.

Ultimately we are stronger together and better for our diversity.

• Absolutely not omg

Alright bitch. LGBT is for sexualities AND genders outside of hetero and cis. Point blank thats it. Being transgender myself, I can see how some in the community are complete idiots but that does not define the entire trans population. Its not in direct correlation with sexuality but LGBT is for both.

• Transgender people are just as oppressed as gay people

If not more so. Trans people struggle to hold basic rights, such as using the bathroom that alligns with their gender and being called the correct name amd pronouns. Many trans people are murdered and commit suicide, and even many LGB people think that being transgender is made up. Trans people are oppressed inside their own community, if anyone belongs in the LGBT community, it's trans people.

• Rather than the T being tossed...

Not a good option. Though, I can say sometimes our ways do not really align. At the end of the day, our goals are the same, equal treatment under the law. More importantly, we want to also wipe out the misguided hatred that can be viral and deadly. We deserve to be treated with respect and dignity, all of us.

• NO, It should NOT.

,Okay, here I go.
    Everyone is a person, had a gender, and life INCLUDING TRANSGENDER PEOPLE. They can add to the LGBT+ flag (just not pedos) but they should NOT remove from the flag. It would show more and more disrespect of the transgenders out there. A lot of my online and IRL friends are transgender. But, I still respect other people's opinions. Thank you for your time.

• It should not be removed.

Okay, here I go.

>