• The Current National Anthem is completely outdated.

The song, first was written in 1814. That's 199 years ago. Nearly 200 years ago, this country's National Anthem was established. Not everyone will agree with my reasoning but here goes. First of all, I believe the so is extremely outdated, as so plainly demonstrated by my earlier statement. Because of the gap between now and then, the song is hard to connect with. I believe that if our country is to proudly sing an Anthem that represents us, it should at the least be a song we as the people can relate to. The archaic styling of Francis Scott Key, may have been accepted in the 1800s but i don't believe it necessary that we must continue with a 2 century old song.

• It's based on a beer song.

Considering that our current national anthem is based on a bear song melody, i think maybe we should. Even though it is a very historical anthem we need something that other people won't hear and think...Wow. America. Already we are seen as lousy alchohol drinking, drug taking reckless people. Why make it worse.

• USA never had a real National Anthem - We adopted a War Poem.

We need a real National Anthem that emphasize the beauty, power and diversity of our great country. The present National Anthem was a war song against the British that we adopted. Ironically, we set this war poem to the tune of an old British drinking song. Were we not nature as a Nation to create our own music?

• My thoughts on the lyrics

The part of the lyrics with "the land of the free" just rubs me wrong. I'm white and when this was written, We condoned slavery. That make these lyrics a hatred statement. Even today we are not the land of the free. We just don't have slavery but we do have too much hatred and division.

• Yes it should

I think that the USA should adopt a new national anthem so that way it’s gonna be cooler than ever ok and yes I think that the USA should absolutely adopt a new national anthem ok ok ok ok ok ok so yeah my final answer is yes ok bye bye

• It is Time for a New National Anthem

"The Star Spangled Banner" has been our national anthem for less than 100 years. It wasn't adopted as such until 1931. It is difficult to sing and the tune isn't even American--it is a British song, "To Anacreon in Heaven. " Those who know their history know that other songs were unofficially used as our national anthem before 1931. "Yankee Doodle" was used during the Revolution, "Hail Columbia" often served as our anthem during the Civil War and "Columbia the Gem of the Ocean" was popular in the late 1800s. Lets replace our current national anthem!

• It's racist and should be replaced with Lift Every Voice and Sing

The Star Bangled Banner was written by someone who believed that black people are inferior and in the full the song, There is a line about killing slaves in the 3rd verse. So with that being said, Why are black americans expected to respect an anthem that disrespects them, Why are americans singing a song that disrespects other americans? Lift Every Voice and Sign was written by non-racists, Who were a part of the movement to bring true equality to the U. S, That makes better than the Star Bnagled Banner

• Yes please! Now

We didn't know what it meant in 1st 2nd grade or fourth and fifth and sixth grade. But we all know what it means now and we should stop singing it. It is disgusting. It's a disgusting and sadnening reminder of how igornant we were to be so hateful towards black people. It's time for a new national anthem we really moving into a different direction now. There's so many beautiful and bright things ahead we can't let this continue to exist.

• Why have a song to the tune of a British Drinking Song?

While it is a good anthem I feed that Hail Columbia, Columbia Gem Of The Ocean, Or Battle Hymn Of The Republic are all preferable to the Star Spangled Banner. It doesn't feel nearly as patriotic as Hail Columbia or Columbia Gem Of The Ocean; Nor does it feel as poetic as Battle Hymn Of The Republic. The SSB is a song about an individual battle while the other three are much more universal.

• Show love of country without being militant. .

There is nothing wrong with loving our country but we should celebrate the whole country not just the flag in war time. America the Beautiful is a celebration of the nation instead of a call to honor just the flag whist a battle happens. I would rather celebrate the country as a whole personally.

• The US already has a national anthem, so why adopt a new one?

People have been trying to state that the US should adopt a new anthem, and that "The Star Spangled Banner" is outdated, and not as good as it should be as an anthem. But this is untrue. People have been using this song for centuries. Why take time to learn and memorize a new one? This is a simply ridiculous proposal. Plus, this is a tradition. Why abandon our tradition? Traditions are traditions, and we should not abandon traditions. We all need to stand strong against the proposal of a new anthem!

• The Star-spangled Banner is based on a poem celebrating the American victory over the British and honoring our nation's flag.

I've heard many claims of how The Star-spangled Banner is racist and hateful. These claims are based on one piece of shoddy evidence. Francis Scott Key was a slave owner. Well, Guess who else was a slave owner? George Washington! Thomas Jefferson! James Madison! James Monroe! That's the way it was back then. People who know their history know the America was late to the game regarding slavery. We didn't even ask for it! Slaves were brought from Africa (slavery still goes on there, Africans owning Africans. If you really cared about equality, You'd go over there and work to fix it) into the U. S. Also, Slaves weren't always treated terribly. George Washington was good to his slaves. In fact, In his will he freed all of his slaves following Martha Washington's death. Martha even freed them a year or two following her husband's death. The Star-spangled Banner is a song about honoring our country. Don't change it!

• Do not replace it ever

I grew up with this song and I would really hate to see it get banned as our nation's theme song. I've known this song all my life because my baseball team played the song before the game. Sure the context of the song is screwy but you'll all be sorry when we're singing "Socialism is Good" and the "Soviet Anthem" and the "Internationale"

• Please RESPECT the United States of America and the flag that has great meaning!

The Flag of the United States of America is a symbol of freedom and liberty to which Americans pledge their allegiance. He flag of the United States comprises three colors – red, Blue and white. While red symbolizes hardiness and valor, White represents purity and innocence. The color blue signifies vigilance, Perseverance and justice. Stands for our nation and the shared history, Pride, Principles, And commitment of its people. RESPECT!

• D12ed uk h

Eef135htjrykklurytgefwer4567iutyrhge76uythrgferwrt5r 45te f f f f f 3 q w. T2 354 y2 3w5y. Uj 3 w4. 4 j6. Um jq j. E wr hq ten. Yn. Yjw qhq j. Qj. 64 46 q2 jyj pigouyfohy go hg oy go uygo yu gy ouy. Ouyg. Uy yg ouyg o y oy y ggg g

• Leave well enough alone!

The Star Spangled Banner is an important part of our national heritage!
    Many important lives have been lost and many men and women have suffered greatly defending what the USA is all about: freedom, Patriotism and defending what is morally right. Let us leave well enough alone and be concerned about being upright citizens.

• Definitely Not! We Should Keep It The Way It Is

I think that our national anthem, Star-Spangled Banner, Is absolutely beautiful, And extremely poetic. We shouldn't change it! Yes, It is old, And some even think it might be outdated, However, It is our country's tradition. We've been singing this song for years and years, And teaching it in our schools, Even playing it at sports games! Its amazing that a song can connect Americans and inspire patriotism in such a way.
    Another argument is that it should be changed because its difficult to sing. The notes are higher than a lot of other songs like, Say, Yankee Doodle, But its also a lot more regal than other patriotic songs. I, Personally, Am exetremely proud of my country and am convinced its the best in this world, And shouldn't we have an anthem to match? Something powerful and poetic? The Star-Spangled Banner sure is both of those things.
    I'm sure I can't make everyone agree, But I feel that it should stay exactly as it is for generations to come.

• We shouldnot change are national anthem

We should not change it because it represents how the us won the war and are flag was still standing. A poet wrote this song during the war all the other songs the us wants to change it to talks about nothing obout how we won the war and we go freedom

• Keep America Great!

The tar Spangled Banner should cause any and all Americans to rise and be proud. Though the song is 200 years old, It represents what our revolutionary forefathers experienced to have the freedoms we have today. If you are a citizen of this great nation, This song represents YOU. If you are one that believes it is not your mantra, Perhaps you need to find a new place to be.

• Why would you change something now that has been used for years

I honestly don't think the U. S. Should adopt a new National Anthem because of the fact we have used the original one for so many years that everyone has gotten used to it, It would practically be pointless to change the National Anthem and what will we end up changing it to?