• The Current National Anthem is completely outdated.

The song, first was written in 1814. That's 199 years ago. Nearly 200 years ago, this country's National Anthem was established. Not everyone will agree with my reasoning but here goes. First of all, I believe the so is extremely outdated, as so plainly demonstrated by my earlier statement. Because of the gap between now and then, the song is hard to connect with. I believe that if our country is to proudly sing an Anthem that represents us, it should at the least be a song we as the people can relate to. The archaic styling of Francis Scott Key, may have been accepted in the 1800s but i don't believe it necessary that we must continue with a 2 century old song.

• It's based on a beer song.

Considering that our current national anthem is based on a bear song melody, i think maybe we should. Even though it is a very historical anthem we need something that other people won't hear and think...Wow. America. Already we are seen as lousy alchohol drinking, drug taking reckless people. Why make it worse.

• USA never had a real National Anthem - We adopted a War Poem.

We need a real National Anthem that emphasize the beauty, power and diversity of our great country. The present National Anthem was a war song against the British that we adopted. Ironically, we set this war poem to the tune of an old British drinking song. Were we not nature as a Nation to create our own music?

• It's a hard one to memorize

I feel like this national anthem is one that people in today's society don't really understand or even memorize! Like, most celebrities flubbed the lyrics and showed no understanding of what the song meant. It's really hard to sing too! It doesn't mention the counties name or anything! The lyrics don't represent America in any way and no one really knows about this war. It's a lousy and boring song that doesn't really have a tune. Especially in "land of the free" the note is really high and hard to raise. Time to adopt a new national anthem! One that represents this country! And one that everybody can understand and memorize!

• Here's my idea

I think the new national anthem should be "Suite Madame Blue" by Styx. The reason for this is because it's 100% patriotic/"Go America!". The vocals are catchy and the instruments are epic. Very well done, beautifully composed. The lyrics are more poetic and entertaining, it has a better chance at getting stuck in our heads. The fact that this song is about the statue of liberty should be up for consideration without question.

• A disappointing melody

While the Star Spangled Banner has had a history of patriotism, it's melody is somewhat boring, and there are plenty of more beautiful american songs, like Battle Hymn of the Republic for instance. Also, the fact that the melody of SSB comes from a british drinking song is a little of setting.

• Times are changing

The Star Spangled Banner is from the war of 1812 and conveys the sentiment of that time. We are now in the 21 century and the nation is more multi-cultural than it was them. The sentiments are the same, but what we want to project as a nation may have changed. We have a great cultural heritage with many noted composers. Let us select a new national anthem in tune with our times. A country may have more than one national anthem ... Let use select another to complement what we already have.

• The Anthem Needs to be Changed

Most People have difficulty memorizing a song whose tune is to a beer-drinking tune, on top of that, An English beer-drinking tune. The lyrics are different, but they speak of a war that most have forgotten ever happened. I don't think that "Bombs bursting in air" and "The Rocket's red glare" should represent America.

• My thoughts on the lyrics

The part of the lyrics with "the land of the free" just rubs me wrong. I'm white and when this was written, We condoned slavery. That make these lyrics a hatred statement. Even today we are not the land of the free. We just don't have slavery but we do have too much hatred and division.

• Yes it should

I think that the USA should adopt a new national anthem so that way it’s gonna be cooler than ever ok and yes I think that the USA should absolutely adopt a new national anthem ok ok ok ok ok ok so yeah my final answer is yes ok bye bye

• The US already has a national anthem, so why adopt a new one?

People have been trying to state that the US should adopt a new anthem, and that "The Star Spangled Banner" is outdated, and not as good as it should be as an anthem. But this is untrue. People have been using this song for centuries. Why take time to learn and memorize a new one? This is a simply ridiculous proposal. Plus, this is a tradition. Why abandon our tradition? Traditions are traditions, and we should not abandon traditions. We all need to stand strong against the proposal of a new anthem!

• D12ed uk h

Eef135htjrykklurytgefwer4567iutyrhge76uythrgferwrt5r 45te f f f f f 3 q w. T2 354 y2 3w5y. Uj 3 w4. 4 j6. Um jq j. E wr hq ten. Yn. Yjw qhq j. Qj. 64 46 q2 jyj pigouyfohy go hg oy go uygo yu gy ouy. Ouyg. Uy yg ouyg o y oy y ggg g

• Leave well enough alone!

The Star Spangled Banner is an important part of our national heritage!
    Many important lives have been lost and many men and women have suffered greatly defending what the USA is all about: freedom, Patriotism and defending what is morally right. Let us leave well enough alone and be concerned about being upright citizens.

• Definitely Not! We Should Keep It The Way It Is

I think that our national anthem, Star-Spangled Banner, Is absolutely beautiful, And extremely poetic. We shouldn't change it! Yes, It is old, And some even think it might be outdated, However, It is our country's tradition. We've been singing this song for years and years, And teaching it in our schools, Even playing it at sports games! Its amazing that a song can connect Americans and inspire patriotism in such a way.
    Another argument is that it should be changed because its difficult to sing. The notes are higher than a lot of other songs like, Say, Yankee Doodle, But its also a lot more regal than other patriotic songs. I, Personally, Am exetremely proud of my country and am convinced its the best in this world, And shouldn't we have an anthem to match? Something powerful and poetic? The Star-Spangled Banner sure is both of those things.
    I'm sure I can't make everyone agree, But I feel that it should stay exactly as it is for generations to come.

• We shouldnot change are national anthem

We should not change it because it represents how the us won the war and are flag was still standing. A poet wrote this song during the war all the other songs the us wants to change it to talks about nothing obout how we won the war and we go freedom

• Keep America Great!

The tar Spangled Banner should cause any and all Americans to rise and be proud. Though the song is 200 years old, It represents what our revolutionary forefathers experienced to have the freedoms we have today. If you are a citizen of this great nation, This song represents YOU. If you are one that believes it is not your mantra, Perhaps you need to find a new place to be.

• Why would you change something now that has been used for years

I honestly don't think the U. S. Should adopt a new National Anthem because of the fact we have used the original one for so many years that everyone has gotten used to it, It would practically be pointless to change the National Anthem and what will we end up changing it to?

• Why would we need to

There is no need for a new national anthem. If would be a waste of time and what would it say. The US has a good national anthem right now. What would it be based off of and who would make it? Would it be appropriate for the nation and her people. Actually i have no idea what i am saying this is a project i have to do for school so. . . . Hope you liked it.

• The last piece of history in our country.

The birth of our nation and the very foundation of how the country was created. Let this past piece of history exist! Ask not our country to change for you but rather you change for our country! Always remember how our country got here in the first place and never forget how many people Americans died to preserve it.

• It is a sing of the USA and has been for a long time

Just because it ha's graphic descrpsons does not mean it needs changing. The lerics show the work we put in to our land of the free and home of the brave. We shuld keep the song as showing nasonAL pride and as recopece for the ones that died makein our home.