• Yes voting age should be lowered

Students that are 16 and 17 should be able to vote because many of them have jobs and pay taxes so why not let them vote. They are the ones that know what happens at school and they should be able to have a say on what happens in school and their every day lives

• Qwe sx FD

Aszccc vccvccvcx. Zcvcvcbv xfvcbgdgg. Dhvcvcdffjb sfgxzgcxc adfc scsxsx DX x x x SD x g GCA tj db fxb. D bgsz. Sxvg cdgx. Vdvb v. Bgcxxsx fgdxccfg. G CX. Vfxaz fdsaxc. Fxx vfdsc dccd CD dggax. Fcnvsx cedhhsc. Gcxcvcxvv. Dcvbcxcv. Ccf v. C f f f f fc fjxn dgd

• Voting should definitely lowered to may be 16

Voting should be lowered because when children reach the age of 15 or more, they are almost adults and considered to be mature. They are aware of the things going on and want to give their own opinions.They should also have right to vote because the policies of the govt.(especially about education)affect their lives only, they know what is good for them and what is not.

• It's a stronger democracy

The point of a democracy is that elected officials represent the needs, priorities, and ideologies of their constituents. Teenagers and other young people know what their opinions are and what issues matter to them. Teenagers want to vote, in towns that have lowered the voting age in local or school board elections to 16 voter turnout in 16 and 17-year-olds was higher than in older age demographics, it's a great way to get young people involved in politics and excited about voting. The only 2 arguments I've heard against it are 1) "Teenagers are just a bunch of simple-minded idiots who can't handle adult responsibilities" Well, this could be my simple mindedness talking, but I respectfully disagree. I think that teenagers know more about the world around them than adults realize. We have the most vested interest given the world we're forming today is the world kids will be living in tomorrow. 2) Kids would just vote however their parents vote. This is a much more logical argument. I'm 16 and a Democrat, just like both of my parents are Democrats. But the problem with the argument is that all 4 of my grandparents are also Democrats, so should my parents not be able to vote either, because they, too, are just voting like their parents? If you are raised around a certain political mindset, you'll probably adopt that mindset and carry it into your life. There is no point making kids wait an extra 4 years because we think that they'll completely change political leanings in that time. Some people might say that the difference there is that adults can vote against their parents if they want, but so can kids. Parents would not be allowed to follow their children into the ballot box. Adolescents who are in middle or high school have hands-on experience with being a student in our education system and are therefore even more qualified to identify the failings of that system. Children living in poverty know the problems of a weak economy or one that prioritizes giving money to only the top 1%. Children are subjected to the consequences of bad legislation, and they, like all citizens, should have a say in fixing it.

• We should drop voting age to 13 years old.

We should drop the voting age because 13 year olds should have the right to state what they think is right. When kids turn 13 they mature and want to do things older people do.
    That is why I think we should drop the voting age to 13 years old.

• Yes it should

It should be lowered because half of the things that are voted on, or the people that are elected, want to change something that has an effect on young people, for example education. It may seem small but believe me when the government decides to change your entire criteria for a specific subject a few months before your exam, then you can have a say. At such young ages we are expected to make mature decisions about what we want to do in our future, we get jobs, pay tax and other things that are expected of adults. Many people under the age of 18 are parents or actually support themselves and live alone. So apparently we are 'adult enough to make our own decisions' but when we decide we want to vote we are 'too young and don't know what we're talking about.' Right then.

• It should be lowered

I say that it should be lowered because there is a lot of smart kids out their that want to share their opinions and they need to get it off of their that some people are making bad decisions. We could even make a little test for them to prove that they know what they are doing. They must be 16+ I say.

• Age limits are not the solution

Well, in my opinion, age limits are not the solution for restrictions, especially ones which are important nationwide. I, however, believe that voting should be allowed for those, who are well-informed and capable of deciding rationally. While I do not know how can a test for this be carried out, I do know that this would be the best solution.

>