Should the voting age be lowered to 14 in the United States?

• Yes they should

70% of people say that the voting age should be lowered to 14. For me I think yes, but I also think that the teenager would have to take a short survey to show that they actually care who wins and not about who looks cooler. Also it's our future, so we should be able to have a say in it. Many people would think that teens are too irresponsible, but that's why they would have to take a small survey to show that they should vote.

• Wdfg sdfgbn sdfgh

Dfgbn dfgbn dfgbn dfgbn dfgbn dfgbn dfgbn dfgbn dfgbndfgbn dfgbn dfgbn dfgbn dfgbn dfgbn dfgbn dfgbn dfgbn dfgbn dfgbn dfgbn dfgbn dfgbn dfgbn dfgbn dfgbn dfgbn dfgbn dfgbn dfgbn dfgbn dfgbndfgbn dfgbn dfgbn dfgbn dfgbn dfgbn dfgbn dfgbn dfgbn dfgbn dfgbn dfgbn dfgbn dfgbn dfgbn dfgbn dfgbn dfgbn dfgbn dfgbn dfgbn dfgbn dfgbndfgbn dfgbn dfgbn dfgbn dfgbn dfgbn dfgbn dfgbn dfgbn dfgbn dfgbn dfgbn dfgbn dfgbn

• Far more educated

Fourteen year olds should be allowed to vote and take on the responsibility that comes with voting. By the age of fourteen most tanagers are very independent. Most fourteen year olds are already working, some to help support their family; in most states fourteen is the minimum age to work. Through school, or just pure interest most fourteen year olds are extremely educated on what is going on in our government, economy, nation, and world.
    In this modern day some fourteen year old are very immature and independent. Sadly this is often caused by parents getting divorces or by both parents working alone; often times when there is more than one kid in the family the oldest one practically raises the rest. This also leaves the kids to get places on their own by taking busses, walking, biking, flying, or any other form of transportation. This makes kids and teenagers a lot more independent especially if they are a single child and have to go through it alone. I know as a second child that I lean on my older sister for support and I have learned a lot from her.
    When you turn fourteen you’re just another year older; or so you think. In most states fourteen is the minimum age to start working. We aren’t talking about lemonade stands or little bake sales, I mean being on a payroll and getting a check. When you are on a payroll and when you get checks from your boss, you will have to pay income tax. Now if fourteen year olds are being taxed then don’t you think they should have a say in how much they are being taxed? This is why fourteen year olds should be able to vote; they should have a say in what is going on in their lives.
    Most fourteen year olds have a better chance of understanding what is going on in our country. Every day we are getting smarter and so is the technology that we are surrounded by. Everyday our understanding of what is going on around us improves and we are extremely educated because of school. As a middle school student myself I feel as though I may understand what is going on better than many adults. Teenagers are able to comprehend amazing things at such a young age; so why no let them vote.
    So why not let fourteen year olds vote? They work just as hard as anyone else and understand what is going on just as well as anyone else. They are extremely independent and know how to take care of themselves. Don’t forget fourteen year olds are allowed to work; so why not let them vote especially since the outcome could affect their live and their future. After all, teenagers are extremely educated and are this worlds future. What are you waiting for, vote now for younger voters!

• Yah yah yah

Teenagers are awesoen and so r politics. MHM. THe voting age should ebe owered becuz we are awesome and BOSS. WE DEMAND A RIGHT!!!!!! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! THis is Eduardo signing off

• Yes YEs YES YES

We are responsible and loyal enough to vote and we would make the right choices for our government. I need to say another 32 words so im just going to put in random words like these ok so yeah we should vote at the age of 14 YEAH YEAH YEAH.

• Yes, i strongly agree

This is important because the world is powered by the future. The youth, and if the youth are under powered and unhelped in the road to come , than what is the point of the future if the youth are powered by those they don't like. This is important to me.

• Yes yes yes

We should be able to vote because we should not have to wait a long time just to vote. We already pay taxes so why cant we vote . I think we should be able to vote and say what we want and when we want it!!! That is right

• Teens aren't stupid!

"Reasons" why we shouldn't vote and why they're wrong:

"Teens are susceptible to pressure!!"
    We do have values, ya know. We're less bigoted, for one thing. Also, there's this thing called a secret ballot. It's pretty cool. It means you don't have to tell anyone who you voted for.

"Teens don't know what's going on in the country!!"
    Actually, we do keep up with the news. A lot of us have a habit of checking the news often.

"Teens can't access voting stations!!"
    Put polling stations in schools and call classes down to vote during election day.

• Can be sentenced to life,can vote

13 year olds can be sentenced to life without the chance of parole. In my opinion anyone who can be sentenced to this should be able to vote. My second point is that people say teenagers aren’t informed enough. This would imply that there should be some sort of test to decide who is informed enough to vote. My 3rd point is that people say teenagers are not mature enough. This blanket statement should be considered age based discrimination,as there are some 15 year olds who are more mature than some 50 year olds.

• Yes yes yes yes yes YES

I am 14 years old. I hate how many of the people who say teens don't know what they want. All teens aren't the same. Many 14 year olds CAN take care pf themselves. Washing clothes, cooking, cleaning etc. And we work so if we are taxed we have the right to vote. You can't say we arent ready because I have my whole future already planned out. My top 3 colleges. How many kids. The names of my kids . Everything is already set up. I think we should 🤘

• NO way THEY Should lower it.

Why you asking why i`m I against it well because not enough people have enough knowledge, and its like asking can i have sex at 14 or can i drink a bear at 14. That is none seance it strongly not agree. Thank for reading my paragraph good night to all.

• No way! The voting age shouldn't be lowered.

The voting age shouldn't be lowered. Kids at the age of 14 are immature and irresponsible. You can say as much as you want about being independent, but then why is insurance most expensive for teens? Because they don't even know how to take care of themselves, then how are they going to vote and take responsibility for their own country? Most kids are influenced by their parents, and only vote for their parents opinions. Most 14 year old kids actually DO NOT know what is going on in politics. Politics is never brought up at school. Most kids do not know what is going on in the next street, much less their own country.

• No, the voting age should not be lowered.

Voting is tied into becoming a legal adult, so 14 is far too young to vote. One of the problems with letting young people vote is that they may be heavily influenced by their parents as to which policies and candidates they support. A 14 year old is not even able to get to a voting place, which would also potentially lead to the young voter being influenced heavily by family members. Voting should be reserved for people who are legal adults and who have matured enough to form independent opinions.

• 100% No No

No, because children at that age don't know what they want, let alone know their own political views. When I was 14, I was just now learning what sex was. I am 18 now, and I still cannot fathom what the president is doing to this country. Politics makes me sick.

• No they should not

A lot of 14 year olds are very mature and independent. But think about the large amount of 14 year olds who are the complete opposite. There are a lot more kids who aren't mature enough to make an intellectual decisions compared the amount who are intelligent and actually care about politics.

• No they should not

• We Say No

As a 13 year old student, I think that the voting limit should NOT be lowered to the age of 14. I look at both sides of the debate, and they both have great arguments, but I say no. Reasons:

~ 14 year old teens can be irresponsible and immature if given voting privleges
    ~If we barely can make our own bed or do the dishes without an unhappy grunt to our parent or guardian, how would we be able to take the responsibility to vote for our country?
    ~Knowing teens, they usually don't listen or care about the debates we see on TV during the election, and just agree to the side that our parent or guardian takes.

Thank you for listening to the "No" side of the argument.

• Are you kidding me!!!!!

Isn't it quite obvious that 14 year olds are into memes and obviously like to make fun of new trends. This can cause a problem due to the fact to vote for someone for president for example trump, he is a horrible president and still won the popular vote, some teen is going to dare another teen as a dare to who will actually be more daring to be more popular, in this case they will vote more for the bad president, so imagine voting before Trump got elected. He would have still won and possibly even more! Due to the fact that there is peer pressure.

This is why the voting age should not be lowered.

Just saying

quack

• No they should not

14 year olds, though they have gone through some positive changes, still don't fully understand the importance of voting. Speaking as a 14 year old, I know that many teenagers my age would fool around with the privilege given to them. I can also say that most 14 year olds would never really pay attention to the interviews and speeches taking place. They would most likely base their vote off of what their parents believe or their friends. Overall, I believe that 14 year olds are not mature or well informed enough on the subject to be able to vote.

• No freaking way

If you have met half the teens i meet you would see they are complete idiots. I would not let them vote. I fact I am surprised they get dressed in the morning. Besides they would not understand who they are voting for and would just do what their parents tell them.

>