Should the voting age be lowered to 16? Why/ why not?

Asked by: amyforknall
  • We deserve to be heard!

I feel that we should be able to vote at 16 because its our lives that its going to effect more than people of older and "wiser" generations as we are the ones that have to thrive within the society where we have had no say as the older generations have already been allowed to thrive and yet there opinion is allowed to rise above all of the other voices that are yet to be heard and prevent us from thriving and changing the place that we are growing up in. I also think the age should be lowered as at the age of 16 we are able to care and give life to a child, A life that relies on you for everything but we are unable to have a say in something that's going to effect us and our future significantly. If you give young people no power then we will just search for it in the wrong places. Why do you think so much crime is by young people? NO its not because we lack things to do or we are just wanting attention, Its because we want our voices to mean something in the small minded world that we live in.

• The voting age should be lowered

16-year-olds can die for their country in the military, They can drive, They can get married, Consent to medical procedures and legally become parents. Lowering the voting age would also give the government a broader range of opinions, And put issues of the youth into the government. Today's youth should have a say in their future.

• Not the right mentality.

The voting age should not be lowered to the age of 16. 16 year olds are inexperienced in life and have no idea how much it means to put in a vote. At this age no teen knows anything about voting. They don't know what is ahead of them when they put in a vote.

• Two Words social media.

Logan Paul, Kylie Jenner, All those people target teens and children. I do not expect a 16 year old to read foreign policy or what initiates for fiscal policy.
    No what they are going to do is listen to some song or some 5 minute video on why they should vote.

Its all the same I want more jobs, I want more money in this sector. I mean even Kenya and Kim Kardashian and Opera are now thinking about running. Its a very serious Job that should not be decided by popularity but by smart people who actually know what they are doing not simple social engineering

• It's all about responsibility.

Lots of people aren't responsible even if they are 18 years old. Most of them lives with their parents. Voting is a very serious decision. In my country it wouldn't change anything anyways, Because here prevails corruption. Unfortunately democration in Poland does not work properly. My final opinion is that: voting age shouldn't be lowered to 16.