Should the voting age in America be lowered to 16?

• S s s

S ss s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s ss s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s s ss s

• If the pay taxes like everyone else why not?

The voting age sitting at 18 is ridiculous. This year is the first time I will be able to vote in an election at age 20. In high school I took current problems and a history class. We started each out with current events and debates. If voters begin voting at a younger age, they are more likely to continue to vote. Also I wouldn't be against allowing 16 years old to vote after they passed a simple test. The test could be simple, and be matching candidates to their views. The test would prove whether that 16 year old was ready to vote or not.

• Voting age should be lower at 16

Lowering the voting age would get student interested in voting voting the age being lowered would get student interested in curents event if they start voting early it will be more likely to cotinue to vote. Between the age of 30-45 have less of an understanding of our political system

• It would spur interest.

Yes, the voting age should be lowered to 16, because it would get students interested in voting. The voting age being lowered would make young people interested in current events. If they start voting early, it will be a way of life, and they will be more likely to continue to vote as adults.

• Yes, it should be.

During the election campaign of 2016, I was absolutely shocked to see how many politically aware teens there were. I learned stuff myself from a lot of them, and I was 29 at the time. A had a 16-year-old list 100 accomplishments of President Obama to me. He should have been able to vote!

• I believe "no".

As I looked over the other arguments of others on this page, I would expect some seriousness from a website that is, how you say, mature. All these little kids and teenagers saying, "Deez nuts" and "yes" a thousand times isn't maturity. Therefore their arguments on this questions should be deleted immediately. The only good arguments I found were in the "no" section all the way at the bottom. But to get to the point, the voting age should not be lowered to 16. As the new generation grows up, I have seen nothing but immaturity, ignorance, and naiveity. These children shouldn't vote in our political system because they would mess everything up. I do believe, the voting age should be increase to the more mature age of people. 24 years of age sounds right. These so called, "adults" of the new generation aren't ready to take the role of our past generation. They don't even deserve the benefit of voting and don't even deserve their citizenships. But at voting, no.

• Dez nuts dez nuts

Es, the voting age should be lowered to 16, because it would get students interested in voting. The voting age being lowered would make young people interested in current events. If they start voting early, it will be a way of life, and they will be more likely to continue to vote as adults.
    Report Post

• Yes yes yes

Yes DEEZ NUTZ yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes

• You should be 16

Dx[okifwjldj fsj dslv lfsdm fslmx sfm, lfsj, sfl jf cjf fjr fr d f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f ff f f ff f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f

• Ieiovjrivjprjfcpj rerjgoej goerjfr

T t t t tt t t t t t tt t t t tt t t t t t t t tt t t t tt tt t t tt t tt ttt t tt t t ttt ttttttttttt tt ttttttt ttt t tt t tt t tttt t

• I can't even

Trust my own 16 year old brother to make his own decisons on what to eat, so how could I trust him to vote for a president? Also, what would happen when his moron 15 year old friends turn 16? They can't even decide how to treat actual people. No. Instead, we should raise the voting age to maybe 21.

• No kids wouldn't take it seriously or would choose wrong

Non serious kids for example dez nuts for president and 9% of the country voting for them. The age should be raised to at least 25+ the mind is more mature. Kids these days are not taking most of anything serious and pressured to make bad decisions. Wait for the mind to mature.

• No they should not lower the voting age

They might not even care about voting and they might have not even learned how the voting system works and they might not understand what the canidets are saying . Then the teens are who ever are voting ( and they are under the age of 18 ). Will probably just vote fro juding what they look like

• I do not believe most 16 year old would take it seriously.

It is hard enough to get an 18 year old to vote and for them to even understand what they are doing. Leaving the fate of some major decisions involving our country in the hands of 16 year olds would be dangerous and irresponsible. Voting is something that should be taken seriously.

• No, the voting age should not be lowered to 16

The voting age should not be lowered to 16 because people are still too young to vote at that age. However I think there should be put an upper limit on the age of people who can vote. The people who are 16 would most likely not vote, but still they should not be allowed to since they have not reached the accepted age of adulthood.

>