Should there be armed security guards and teachers at every school?

• To an extent.

Not teachers, because some would possibly be extremely irresponsible with weapons in a classroom, which would cause problems hiring teachers. But armed security should be at every school. Shootings in which a very large number of people are killed or injured, usually occur in unarmed places, like schools. There may still be a death count, but if there is armed security the problem would be resolved quickly and hopefully efficiently. The culprit doesn't even have to be shot and killed, instead can be overtaken. It doesn't have to be airport tight, and armed security may even be a quite unnerving to students or staff, but mentally that is a small price to pay for overall security of children and staff.

• Not an odd idea, it has merely been politicized

We protect our most valuable asset. There are security guards at banks to protect the money. If you want to walk into a courthouse there will likely be a metal detector and police throughout the building. I believe that I will go uncontested when I say that children are our most important asset, but I figure I will say it anyways. So why not place protection in front of a building with hundreds of our beloved children? There will always be people who want to hurt others, so why leave the most vulnerable among us without any protection when they are densely congregated.

If the argument is that it will place a stigma on the children and make them feel differently about school then let me address that two ways. First, there is security everywhere outside of school (stores, government buildings, police)--even the home can have a security system to protect from wrongdoers, so children are used to this. Second, it is only stigmatizing if you picture the security guard acting in a stoic and unapproachable way. Many security guards are very friendly, and if they act friendly with the children then I think there would be a bigger psychological effect from a mean teacher than a security guard.

Second, if budget is the issue then our priorities are misaligned to a disgusting level. We have the money to protect a few judges at a courthouse, but not hundreds of children. Seems off to me.

I think the idea has been politicized because those who oppose guns don't want the topic or solution to stray away from gun control. When a different solution is suggested, their support for anti-gun legislation is diluted (I am really not trying to get into that argument, but when you think about it in a non-partisan way, it makes sense.) As a result, many have pushed it off the table of options.

• It stops events like columbine and sandy hook from happening

A security guard would have to be highly trained but it wouldn't take away from police work outside of schools because this guard would be just for schools. They also would protect the school way better. It would take 3-5 minutes before police could show up but a security guard would always be there. This year a rule changed at a MIDDLE school near me. They are saying hide until an intruder gets inside your room when in attack him. I believe that that is a bad idea because 30 kids vs. A man with a gun. To keep it safe I believe we need a professional protecting the school rather than a bunch of students trying to fight. In general I believe having a security guard in the school would make the school a much safer place.

• Yes: It Would Reduce Incidents and Casualties

First off, it would make people think twice before taking action against schools in violent ways.

Secondly, if someone did decide to be violent in a school, esp. With a gun, another gun could stop that much quicker than a 911 call.

The teachers and/or security guards would need to be adequately trained just like the police are.

• Better to have security than none.

Would you let your child go to school with a broken fire alarm? Why not nip it in the bud right now, before it happens again. No, there is no guarantee that this will stop the shootings but I feel that if there are more guards the gunmen would think twice before doing their dirty deed. Or if they are dumb they will still do it and suffer the consequences.

• Yeehaw yes very good

I think it is good yes very well oh yes good good very very ok nice i think it is good yes very well oh yes good good very very ok nice i think it is good yes very well oh yes good good very very ok nice i think it is good yes very well oh yes good good very very ok nice i think it is good yes very well oh yes good good very very ok nice i think it is good yes very well oh yes good good very very ok nice i think it is good yes very well oh yes good good very very ok nice i think it is good yes very well oh yes good good very very ok nice i think it is good yes very well oh yes good good very very ok nice i think it is good yes very well oh yes good good very very ok nice i think it is good yes very well oh yes good good very very ok nice i think it is good yes very well oh yes good good very very ok nice i think it is good yes very well oh yes good good very very ok nice i think it is good yes very well oh yes good good very very ok nice i think it is good yes very well oh yes good good very very ok nice i think it is good yes very well oh yes good good very very ok nice i think it is good yes very well oh yes good good very very ok nice i think it is good yes very well oh yes good good very very ok nice i think it is good yes very well oh yes good good very very ok nice i think it is good yes very well oh yes good good very very ok nice i think it is good yes very well oh yes good good very very ok nice i think it is good yes very well oh yes good good very very ok nice i think it is good yes very well oh yes good good very very ok nice i think it is good yes very well oh yes good good very very ok nice i think it is good yes very well oh yes good good very very ok nice i think it is good yes very well oh yes good good very very ok nice i think it

• Yes because this

Is a very important issue and still is and it is a good idea because people need to feel protective at schools and this is very bad if people don't feel safe people need to feel safe at their own school that will be bad though very very bad and not good

• Everyone will be safe!

You have probably heard on the news that there are more and more school shootings in the United States of America. It is really scary, Especially that there is an actual gunman that carries a gun and starts killing people. With security guards that are especially armed, They will protect the school and the guards will get anyone that will threaten schoolchildren and the staff members in the school. More and more kids are getting injured and killed due to these incidents. Also, Teachers should be allowed to carry a gun just in case if there is no armed security guard to be there, The teacher can take the suspect down. Students and staff members will feel safer with security guards and teachers with a weapon to protect everyone. That is my reason why I think that there should be armed security guards and teachers at every school.

• Make the place safe

Eyt yet yet hi yet te te e e e e e e e e e e e e e e ee e e e e e e e e e e ee e e e e e ee e ee e e e eeeeeee e eeeee e eeee e

• If by armed guards you mean local or state police stationed near a school for immediate action, Yes.

Here is what we know summarized:

A. Students, Teachers, And staff do not carry firearms.
    B. Barring a rare stroke of luck or incompetence, An armed person is required to stop an armed person.
    C. Many states, Schools, And organizations will never consent to the arming of teachers or staff.
    D. So long as someone can obtain a firearm, Through legal or illegal means, They will be able to commit a mass shooting.
    E. By knowledge of point D, We know that the shooter will likely plan and prioritize his attack to induce the most casualties. Ergo, He will eliminate the armed defender firsts by surprise to prevent them halting his or her attack.

Solution: So long as staff cannot armed, Presumably because they cannot be trusted, Then we entrust that responsibility to someone we already trust to be armed and defend us.

Problems we know this will entail:

A. There is risk of such a policeman killing a student or staff in crossfire.
    B. There is risk of a policeman shooting a student or staff member in anger.
    C. The police may then be targeted.

Why these problems are irrelevant:

A. The risk of one or several getting in the crossfire is already present when police are called in to defend schools, And far outweighs the risk of a mass shooting where hundreds could die under a planned attack.
    B. We already trust police with firearms to defend us. Its worked quite well for most people so far, And we aren't getting rid of them any time soon.
    C. Better that one or two policemen take a bullet than ten or a hundred innocent schoolchildren. Police take the badge, They knew the risks when they signed up. Innocent kids are just kids. Plain and simple.

Funny how everything becomes simpler when you break it down its core parts, Isn't it?

• Not unless they are badged!

Security personnel who are NOT badged law enforcement officials should not be adding flying bullets to the already dangerous environment. If we are talking about an officer employed by police or sheriff, then OK, but not an employee of the school or district. Too much extra risk. And absolutely not until all available prevention and non-lethal alternatives are in place.

• May Be Killed

If a security guard were to be armed with a gun, and had an argument with a student, teacher, or anyone the building, is it not possible he would shoot them. Security guards are not as trained as police officers to stay calm in difficult situations. So it is not exactly safe to have armed security guards in schools.

• Guards maybe but teachers no.

Having teachers with guns in the school could be a potential danger. Some teachers could be irresponsible with the guns or students could find a way to take one and play with it and someone could end up getting hurt. Having guards in the school would be good if you look at it from the safety perspective but it could make the students feel uncomfortable or intimidated.

• Guards with Guns?

What is the point of security guards having guns? Having a gun in school is more of a hazard, many security guards in schools try to be buddy buddy with students. Who says some guards will not allow a student to hold a gun just for the hell of it? Who says a student won't piss off a guard and the guard shoots off his gun like the situation in Georgia? That may not be the same situation, but I would not feel safe if the security guards at my school had guns, it would make me feel more unsafe than I already feel. Guns do not belong in the education system. Leave it to the police to carry fire arms.

• Killed or helped

There are many cases where guards have killed people, that situation would be the same in schools. If they see a student who is acting suspicious they would not hesitate to shoot and kill a child. Most killings are based on race and skin color. I belive that if we did have guards they would have to be of different races that way it would be fair for other students of different races.

• Terribly terrible idea

Do you realize that kids are not the brightest? There would be more incidences of "accidental shooting". A kid, or several fight with a security guard, gun is taken. Now before they realize they are making a mistake another security guard comes and shoots them because they are not as trained as a police officer to keep their cool. Everyone is thinking with emotion and not common sense. School shootings are tragic, but there are not enough to put your kids at risk literally every day. This idea is merely putting guns im a school on a daily basis.

• Better security systems

Security guards shouldn't have the need for guns since the school can implement something that can check for any guns and something with id's to help defend the students. Students might take the guns that security officers have and threaten the school. It will be too dangerous for the children. I SAY NO!

• Cause kids need freedom in life

There live long so suck my dick cause we dont need security guards
    some of them gay they fuck you in the locker room like at high school i use to go to .. They eat my sister out not me my sister but she gay so o well and some of them is raps

• Teachers can pull it out on students

Students can be in trouble with security guards and teachers with guns because a student can find it or the security guards or teachers may lose it and pull it on a student . This puts people in safety but still in danger because you don't know what will happen with these guns

• The problem is, that there are guns.

In Ireland there are very few, if any schools, that have security guards, let alone armed ones. There would be an easily climbable gate and security cameras at the entrance. Have we ever had a school shooting? No. We have the fourth lowest gun ownership rate in the EU, 4.3. Compared to 88.8 in the U.S. It makes complete sense. The solution is very simple. Get rid of all guns.