Should there be half days for school on Fridays?

Asked by: FWisnd64
  • Students have rights to 4 extra hours

There should be at least four extra hours in our lives. It won't kill us. Students would be able to study more, instead of listening to a teach rant for half the hour, and expect them to get a three page essay done in thirty minutes. It is completely unfair for the students.

• Words from a Student

I am a student. I go to school. I go “Jesus Christ, I am working away in school all day. Why do I do this? ”. Basically my schedule for 5 days is:
    Eat breakfast.
    Go to school.
    Do homework.
    Eat dinner.
    Go to bed.

My schedule on the weekend is:

Eat breakfast.
    Do homework.
    Have about 1hr of fun.
    Go to sleep.

Well I’m sick and tired if this bullsh*t. You know how parents are like “enjoy your childhood, It’s your only time in your life to be a child”, And “don’t rush to be an adult, Have fun when you are a kid”? Well how am I supposed to enjoy the only 18 years I have on earth as a kid when 80% of my day is spent at school, 10% is spent doing homework, And the final 10% is spent doing necessary stuff, Like showering and eating. Tell me, How am I supposed to enjoy life like that?

• I am a student

I think that the students should get more time off of school so then they can get some work done. And I think it would be a great idea is every Friday we could get a half day I think that the teachers need some time off so they can grade papers, and they need regular time off as well. We should have the right to get some time off, like if there is a big test. How you could repay the time is to have no recess and lunch, and you can just eat when you get home.

• Why schools should have early release on Fridays.

Schools should be out early on Fridays because teachers can get after school work done and can have more time of on the weekends and can do meetings just in case if there meeting gets canceled on Wednesday. Kids also may be planning to go on a trip if school gets out early, and if their parents can get off work early they can go on their trip and make it there earlier then they would if they were out on a normal day.

• I am a Student.

I'm always busy trying to make up work that putting too much stress on my health and my sleep. I have friends that are staying up till 3 in the morning knowing that they have to get up at 6 7 am to get ready for school just so they can get their work handed in on time. I'm always tired and i find myself sleeping in class and when i get home all i want to do is sleep. Giving us at least 2 half a days on Fridays every month would most likely have a greater affect on us to work to the best of our ability.

• I am a Student.

• I have it at my school, and it provides a great breather to have less stressful classes

Every friday at my school we get out before 2:00 and it is great. I can just simply go home, enjoy my life, and complain less on how much time school sucks from my life. School is way too long, coming from the crack of dawn to dinnertime (yes, I have had to walk to school in the dark before).

• My opinion is because at the end of the day kids get wild kids r so exited about the weekend so yes

My supporting argument is that kids can't have all that stuff aka learning put in there head at once cause that causes stress and stress causes thing to get wrong. So what are schools thinking about have 8hr of school for a Friday in my school one year we had a off and on today's so one month no Fridays the next month Friday

• Yes kids would not be so stressed out and would have more time off.

Like the school system now kids stress out so much that it causes damage in the brain and since their brains are still developing it is even worse. Yes while a half day wont fix that kids have something to look forward to and might actually make kids look forward to school on the "Last Day". I know because a language class always stressed me out since we had to present so much in front of the class.

• Need breaks and to lay down a second and to have time for family and to have fun

EVERY DAY THE KIDS WAKE UP 6 7 8 9 AM AND GO TO SCHOOL AND ONLY HAVE TWO days in off and is not fair cause kids need time for there self with there family and friends so that is why I think the kids should have half days in school

• American International Standings

I am currently a high school student and would love nothing more than having a half-day Friday. I mean how awesome doe that sound? But, realistically, it couldn't happen. Roughly half a million students in 65 nations and educational systems representing 80 percent of the global economy took part in the 2012 edition of PISA, which is coordinated by the Paris-based Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development, or OECD.
    The numbers are even more sobering when compared among only the 34 OECD countries. The United States ranked 26th in math — trailing nations such as the Slovakia, Portugal and Russia. What’s more, American high school students dropped to 21st in science (from 17th in 2009) and slipped to 17th in reading (from 14th in 2009), according to the results. Less school hours means less time for learning and teaching, compressing the school year, giving students too much information in too short a time to fully understand, ultimately making America drop more in the ratings.

• It would push american schools back further.

America is already really far behind because you get two days off a week, a lot of breaks and a whole summer off. The last thing we need is half days for Friday. Besides, even if this did happen schools would just have to cut another month off of summer to make up for it.

• Difficult for Curriculum

The supporting factor of my response is the otherwise difficult adressment toward the curriculum. Teachers already have a tight amount of time to teach their students, and half days on Friday's just because it makes it "less boring" doesn't give the excuse that school is not boring, it is only boring because you make it seem boring. Fridays are just another school day.

• I am a Student.

• Half days? Oh please...

Do you want to be lenient on pupils? They've just had a whole week and you want to give them a half day. They are, firstly, half a day away from finishing school for the week, and it will pay off on the long run (I'm talking about the future, people, hear ye). Others shouldn't be investing in the education of the modern generation if they aren't going to be going to school for half a day. Plus, Fridays are the best day of the whole week! You have the satisfaction of knowing that the weekend has just arrived.... ....PARTY TIME!

• Whats The Point?

Heres what I think. If you do this students will just be left further behind and in the older grade of their education they will need as much help and knowledge to get past final exams and hopefully have a chance to go to better universities. In my eyes their just no point.

• No school people

This is not at all good. People will not learn one out of ten . Which will not be good for them. Parents will also not like it since they will rather not come on Friday and then go out somewhere for a few days. I DO NOT SUPPORT THIS!!!!!

• No school people

• We should not have half days or else children will not have so much time to learn new things

We need to have it because if children don't learn they won't have such a good life because they won't know one fifth the things they were supposed to learn. This RULE SHOULD NOT BE MADE!!!!!! If they want a generation of children to not learn anything than I would say okay. THIS RULE SHOULD NOT BE MADE!!!!!!

• Cuseveryone that says yesr bums.. Fekhenwivnm

Everyone that says yesr bums.. Fekhenwivnmeveryone that says yesr bums.. Fekhenwivnmeveryone that says yesr bums.. Fekhenwivnmeveryone that says yesr bums.. Fekhenwivnmeveryone that says yesr bums.. Fekhenwivnmeveryone that says yesr bums.. Fekhenwivnmeveryone that says yesr bums.. Fekhenwivnmeveryone that says yesr bums.. Fekhenwivnmeveryone that says yesr bums.. Fekhenwivnmeveryone that says yesr bums.. Fekhenwivnm