• Yes yes yes

To tot tot tot totot totot tot tot tot toto totototot totot tot tototot toot totot totot tootototot t toot t totot tototo totot tooto ttot ttoot totot otot toto toototo ototot tot ttoto ototot otot totoot o tot totot toot to tototo otot oto o to t oo to t o

• Its way better

Junk food should be given in school because its not fake like the food the give now in school. At my school when they serve fish sticks there are fish scales still in them and its still raw. And we only get 2 choices of food. And that's what I think

• There should be

Children when they turn into adults need to be able to make their own choices! You can't baby and restrict them forever teachers! Give 'em a bit of space! This is madness, as kids can be sad without the things they love, just give it 2 'em peeps, it's much better for 'em

• Junk food is what students love

Junk food is what students love Junk food should be allowed in school because it is what kids want to eat and if they eat what they want to eat they may like school a little more. Also if students eat what they want and enjoy it then the food will not get wasted. The food in the cafeteria needs to change anyway and the food that the students want is going to be junk food. You should give them what they want.
    Report Post

• Junk Food Rules

I believe that students won’t throw out their food at school during lunch time if it’s junk food. And many children’s parents won't like it if their children throw out their food during lunch time. So if children have junk food that’s unhealthy they would finish eating it instead of throwing it out. And parents would be happy because that their child had finished their entire lunch and they most likely won’t be hungry until dinner time, and that would be a good sign and great thing for many families and parents. So if students have junk foods their food won’t go to waste and more students will pay for the lunch (if it’s junk) and schools cafeterias get more $$money$$.

• Its way better

Food food food food food food food food food food food food food food food food food food food food food food food food food food food food food food food food food food food food food food food food food food food food food food food food food food food food food food food food food food food food food food food food food food food food food food food food

• I like food

I like food i like food i like food i like food i like food i like food i like food i like food i like food i like food i like food i like food i like food i like food i like food i like food i like food i like food i like food i like food i like food i like food i like food i like food i like food i like food i like food i like food i like food i like food i like food i like food i like food i like food i like food i like food i like food i like food

• They have to be prepared for real life choices

Junk food should be included in school lunches because it helps students make real life choices. If there is just healthy food in school lunches, when students graduate they will not have good decision making skills for their eating habits. Also, if parents don't want their children eating unhealthy food then they can write a note to the school so that their child cannot purchase junk food.

• Yes there should.

There should be junk food in school lunches. If a kid want to eat an unhealthy meal, then they should be allowed to do so. Just because there is an obesity problems, that does not mean that the healthier kids should have to suffer and eat nothing but healthy food.

• Junk food is what students love

Junk food should be allowed in school because it is what kids want to eat and if they eat what they want to eat they may like school a little more. Also if students eat what they want and enjoy it then the food will not get wasted. The food in the cafeteria needs to change anyway and the food that the students want is going to be junk food. You should give them what they want.

• No but no

Doubt I will be attacked ... Again for saying so just check the stats for how much it costs in USA alone to treat people with obesity 139 billion dollars last year alone , 34 per cent of the population overweight , truly frightening ! But I have been told I'm a fascist for saying this already but there you go . I am stating the USA figures because this site seems to mainly concentrate on them , I am aware it's a worldwide problem .

• I feel it depends.

High school, I feel teenagers should be free to eat whatever they want. By that point, people should know what's good and bad for them, and they certainly should be able to decide how to treat their own bodies, even if badly. Before that however, it's simply irresponsible to have unhealthy food in schools. School's are institutions of learning, and even eating at a school should serve to be at least a bit educational. I have absolutely no issues with parents who take their kids out to fast food restaurants every now and then, but I feel it's wrong for schools to offer unhealthy food to children, because inadvertently these facilities would be promoting unhealthy diet choices.

• That is ridiculous

Kids should not really be eating junk food at all. Childhood is the time where your life long eating habits are set. If you have healthy eating as a child you will in most cases go on to have healthy eating as an adult. But it is very difficult to maintain good weight and health if you ate excessive junk food as a kid.

Also many kids react badly to the chemicals in junk food and this food can cause poor concentration, foggy memory, distractibility, hyperactivity and aggressive and or defiant behaviour. These food chemicals can make pre existing conditions like ADHD and Autism worse as well as have a negative effect on health.

• No best left at home.

They can have all the junk food at home, but school can be for learning, including the ability to learn how to eat healthy and make good choices. I feel like if people can talk the talk, they should be able to walk the walk also. Old term but very useful in the context of my statement. Everyone wants to whine about eating healthy (me including) but its about time we put it into practice instead of excuses.

• No because ....

School is where children spend most of their time, and it is where we lay the foundation for healthy habits. That's why New Jersey is the first state to adopt a comprehensive school nutrition policy that bans candy, soda, and other junk food. ... Soda and junk food will be replaced with more-nutritious alternatives.

• I love junk food.... But I know it is unhealthy

A new study shows that you might want to think about more than calories, fat, and sodium when you're grabbing a burger and fries from the drive-thou. The study shows that fast-food packaging, such as wrappers and boxes, might contain chemicals that have negative health effects. Any decisions about what is sold in school vending machines should be determined at this level. Third, an important part of education is learning to make good choices. An across-the-board junk-food ban does not teach young people how to make healthy choices; it simply removes some of their options.

• Food food food

Despite limited empirical evidence, there is growing concern that junk food availability in schools has contributed to the childhood obesity epidemic. In this paper, we estimate the effects of junk food availability on BMI, obesity, and related outcomes among a national sample of fifth-graders. Unlike previous studies, we address the endogeneity of the school food environment by controlling for children’s BMI at school entry and estimating instrumental variables regressions that leverage variation in the school’s grade span. Our main finding is that junk food availability does not significantly increase BMI or obesity among this fifth grade cohort despite the increased likelihood of in-school junk food purchases. The results are robust to alternate measures of junk food availability including school administrator reports of sales during school hours, school administrator reports of competitive food outlets, and children’s reports of junk food availability. Moreover, the absence of any effects on overall food consumption and physical activity further support the null findings for BMI and obesity. Processed foods that are high in fat, sugar, and salt have become a mainstay of lunches in schools across America and the results are in — experts say these unhealthy school lunches are a contributing factor to the childhood obesity epidemic. ... And those problems can lead to children who don't perform as well in school

• Do you want a long and healthy life or not?

If you consume to much sugar and junk food it can lead to insulin resistance, and then to type two diabetes. I have found that when i eat healthy with a proper balance of protein and complex carbs i am more alert and my body feel healthy. I admit that sugar is hard to resist. That is because it gives your body a burst of dopamine, and the more you consume the more you need to eat to give your body the same level of dopamine as the first time. But if you eat healthy it will be far better in the long run. You live longer, and your body is far more healthy at and older age than if you were to eat junk food. It is fine to have a treat once in a while but make sure you don't go over board. An example is a small candy bar and a big treat once every weekend like two scoops of ice cream.

• No junk in school!!!!

Junk food is bad for you, meaning death. You can die from obesity, too. Junk is not the best thing for you. Skittles moto “Taste The Rainbow” is not very accurate. You should try fruits and veggies. They are better for you and are sometimes are tasty.” According to tfk magazine” Kids consume too much salt. That puts them at risk for heart problems later in life. If you want a salty snack you can try baked potato chips, pretzels or nuts.” That is why I think schools should not have junk in their lunches.

• Yes there should!

I think they should have an option of foods that they can pic from to make them feel like they have a choice. They also should have a secondary item that is healthy that if kids feel worried about there body they can eat the healthy food. But with this I think that the junk food should cost extra so kids would have to invest in there eating habits.

>