• I think we should have guards

I totally think we should have armed guards in schools because although teachers do keep a lot of kids in line, there are those who won't listen when they get detention or talked to by the principal. Having more armed guards would minimize the crimes in schools around the nation and help kids feel safer.

• We need protection... Now!

There have been too many incidents and close calls with people, kids and adults, meeting hurt or killed. And how could we have stopped all this? The answer is quick and simple, armed guards in our schools. It is quite obvious that armed guards are needed in our schools if we plan on staying safe.

• It would give a sense of security to everyone.

If there were more armed guards present the students and teachers would feel better. This would be especially helpful if someone was to show up with a weapon. There should be more than one person in a school because one guard cannot be everywhere at the same time if something were to happen.

• Yes, we need more armed guards in schools!

If there are more armed guards at schools, then the criminal would be less likely to cause a massacre. The school systems across America need to educate there teachers and students on what to do in case of an attack. Also, they need to educate the guards on what to look for and what to do in case of an attack.

• Yes to armed guards

Yes, I personally think that there should be armed guards at all schools in America. There should be some sort of system put in place in all schools to prevent something happening like what happened in Newtown, CT. If someone there had a gun like a security guard, so many of those children would still have been alive for Christmas this year.

• Yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes bodyguards should be in schools

Yes bodyguards should be in school for the trouble maker of the school there should be a body guard in the halls and the bathrooms so there can be any kind of bullying and all the students phones should be taken away so the students can't ciber bully in school and there phone are a big distraction to the learning if they can use there phones then one earbud out for the teacher can teach without having to yell at the students for the earbuds

• Absolutely more security within our educational system!

We have armed security for VIP's, elected officials, courthouses, and the list goes on and on. As much as we value the life of a child, schools NEED to be included within this list. There is a fear of placing armed guards in schools.. That fear of "what ifs" is based off of IGNORANCE and a general fear of firearms. With properly trained armed personnel, we can all but eliminate acts of violence against our school system. Of all the things to protect with a firearm, a child's life should be at the top of the list. I don't understand the logic, IF there was a threat against your child's school, why would you NOT want armed security on site? What is the first thing you do when there is a threat against life or property? You call someone with a gun right? Why not have them already on the premises? I'm not talking about a resource officer, but actual armed security who have been properly trained to identify and neutralize a threat(s) with less than lethal or as a last resort, lethal force. "Gun Free zones" such as schools, are the perfect "target rich" environment for anyone willing to commit such atrocities against our youth. Weapons and schools have been around for CENTURIES with very little acts of violence until recently. What changed? The access to firearms has not changed.. You could buy a rifle from the local hardware store as little as 50 years ago, and believe it or not, they too were also semi-auto rifles. What changed is how we as a society have raised our children.. Restricting firearms will do absolutely nothing to CURB school violence.

• Yes i agree to this argument.

REcently there has been ongoing news of several children being injured because of gun violence and because of the lack of safety provided in schools. Schools should have a armed guard to protect the staff and students so that students are less likely to be harmed and additionally feel safer.

• Yes ,please protect the most valued assets of this country. Our future.

People who argue that too many things could go wrong just won't consider the things that are ALREADY going wrong. These are the same people who've wanted to take weapons away for years and unfortunately are using this as a excuse to push their agenda. First they say that they just want assault style weapons, we start to think about it even though deep down we know it won't stop the problem (or didn't). Then they say "Ok, now we want all your weapons". You give them inches and they take yards. I still don't know what the point of being progressive is if you're just progressing towards a system that doesn't work. Socialism. If I was black I would be upset, because these people act like they care about me and coin republicans as the racist, yet they only bring up weapons when a bunch of kids in (yes) mostly suburban areas get shot up, with mostly white victims. See for yourself. Handguns kill more people, do black lives not matter? - libertarian

• There should a team of armed guards in school.

Yes, because the shooter in sandy hook school shooting had a assault rifle, so if only 1-3 guard go in then the died number will increase by the number of guard that went in, unless there is more guards that can support each other and with a lot of guards they will not run away like how they did in the Florida high school shooting

• BAD why even

BAD no schools do not need anymore guns this is a stupid idea we should try solving violence with other things besides MORE violence. I personally think that most kids wouldn't feel safe knowing the adult walking around the school is holding a gun, which can go off at any time.

• No, too much chance for things to go wrong with readily available weapons on school setting.

1. More and better improved security system is a more practical solution to school setting, not more weapons.
    2. Wrong teaching to our young minds-prepare more violence to end violence.
    3. Unrealistic to assume armed guards will have proper weapons to handle crazy gunman at the right time and right place.
    4. Greater chance for unfortunate things to happen. Armed staffs, teachers, guards may be equally dangerous if they have an issue (family, relationships, jobs) that triggers them to turn against the school and students.

• Bringing guns into the school, no matter who is holding them, is just another gun that can be used in a shooting.

I am 17 and stand 6 foot, 5 inches. If I were to have some kind of a mental breakdown and wanted to shoot someone, I'm pretty sure I could overpower a guard if I caught him or her by surprise. That puts a gun in my hands that I otherwise wouldn't have been able to access. I am not the only. My school has some very strong, physically fit wrestlers and football players. If they wanted to overpower a guard to get a gun, I don't think they'd have much difficultly. It's too risky.

• Armed Guards Are Not Likely to Prevent All Attacks, and There would be lots of opportunities for deadly incidents.

It's difficult to find examples where armed guards prevented a mass shooting. For example, at the Columbine and Virginia Tech school shootings, there were armed guards, but they weren't able to prevent those tragedies.
    Some examples for deadly incidents would be: Armed guards misreading student behavior, like a student mistakenly shot while playing with a toy gun, Student fights where a student grabs the guard's gun, A mass shooting scenario where students are killed in crossfire, or a nightmare scenario where a psychotic guard kills the STUDENTS.

• More guns=More tragedy

Lets take the example of most East Asian countries, where they have little to no guns and they have under .1% murder/suicide rate. How is an armed guard supposed to protect kids? Its not like they have x-ray vision to see concealed weapons. Not only that but lets take a look at the costs of a proposal such as this. I'm not saying that economy>safety. But when we aren't actually making things safer, what are we doing? We turn schools from peace to a place of fear and hate. Eventual outcome: harming of the educational system and a loss of money/

• Mental health is also a contributing factor that needs to be focused on.

More guns won't solve this is issue if its what started all of this. We should all be focusing on mental health. Not guns. And we don't need armed security standing at the door of every classroom, let alone let teachers armed... What if that teacher or security guard were to have a psychotic episode, or a nervous breakdown?....

• No. I do not believe armed guards provide an easy fix.

In my view, the greatest issue with having armed guards is the regular presence of a person with a gun in front of young children. From my own experience in grade school, police officers by practice did not even carry guns when they were on school property. In addition, it is unrealistic to assume that one or two people with a gun will always be at the right place at the right time. It is also unrealistic to assume that an officer could stop someone when a gunman has weapons that can overpower what he or she is equipped with.

• No, we do not need more armed guards in schools.

I don't think it would be healthy for young children to be exposed to armed guards on a daily basis. I understand that there are safety concerns in schools these days and that safety is a top priority for today's youth, but there are other ways to accomplish this. Instead, let's increase security in schools with alarm systems and locked doors throughout the day. These options can improve security without over exposing young children to harsh armed forces.

• The answer to gun violence is NOT more guns.

The answer to gun violence is NOT more guns. If that were the case, why don't we just spend the money to supply a gun to every student? The lesson of gun violence is that the easier you make it to kill, the more people are likely to kill. The question then is can you trust anyone with a gun? I've got enough on my mind at school to have to worry about whether the policy academy reject just got dumped by his girlfriend and has decided today is a good day to die and why not take a few people with him.

• They would not be effective

The guards will likely get shot first and then the shooting will commence. The only time in which the guards will be effective is if they knew who the shooter was, If the shooter attacks the guards first with an automatic weapon they likely stand no chance. Not to mention the mental effects on children seeing armed guards at their school.

>