Should there be public funding available for IVF treatment?

• If having children is only for those whom can naturally

Then the privilege of funding them in their life, education, health, feeding and clothing them is the soul responsibility of the lucky parents. I should not be funding women's rights to have it all, earn less look after your children, stay with your partners, do not hand the burden of your privilege to me, with out any of the joy! Those of us that can not, yet desperately wanted to should feel the privilege of not having to fund yours, but that attitude is not one I would what future generations to lean toward, its not a society. My future, my moment to moment I must remember that as a non lucky or privileged person I must fund yours and just get over my pain. Thank you my society

• Yes, in some cases.

Not being able to conceive a child is a huge sorrow for many potential parents. If the parents meet certain criteria, as perhaps not having at least one biological child already or meeting certain criteria for being able to support a child, then it might be good to have public funding for IVF treatments.

• Do not agree with public funding for IVF treatment

My reasons for disagreeing with public funding for IVF treatment are many and varied, including:
    Yes, it is costly, but so is the cost of raising children. If you can afford to bring up a child, pay for your own IVF;
    There are many people with disabilities who are unable to access services and afford medication, etc. I would rather my taxes support them;
    There are many children who need caring foster families due to a number of factors;
    Some people are just too old to be parents;
    The world is overpopulated;
    Some IVF seekers have spent their 'fertile' years taking trips, making money, and then expect assistance when they are finding it hard to conceive;
    There may be other medical reasons why couples cannot conceive. Infertility can be nature's way of ensuring that certain genes are not passed on to future generations.

• Not a public responsibility

While it may cause the infertile couple personal grief that they are unable to conceive, it is not the obligation of society to supply them with a child. If ever this were to become a real policy, it would only make sense to have reproductive procedures such as abortion be publicly funded as well because if a woman can use public funds to make herself pregnant, another should be able to use the same resources to make herself not pregnant...

• No, public healthcare funds are limited and must be budgeted carefully

In theory, everyone should have the children they desire, no
    matter what it costs. In practice though, In Vitro Fertilization treatments are
    extremely costly. If public funds are spent on IVF, there will be much less
    money left for children’s health care, public health, immunizations and senior
    care. Unfortunately, expensive advanced fertility treatments must remain a
    luxury that potential parents pay for themselves.

• This is a personal matter

No, I do not believe that there should be public funding for IVF treatment. Unfortunately for some, they were not made to have children. There are other options such as adoption that are out there that can assist with those issues. If have the money to pursue IVF treatments then you can go that route.

• No, there should not be public funding for IVF treatment

There should not be public funding for IVF treatment. As sorry as I am for couples who are unable to conceive a child, it is not the responsibility of the public to ensure that every couple can produce a baby. There are other options for childless couples such as adoption, surrogacy, and foster children. Sometimes you can't have everything you want. There are many childless couples who are fine with having no children. You just have to make the most of the hand you are dealt. If you want it and can afford IVF, great, but the public should not be asked to fund it.

• No, there should not be funding for IVF treatments.

I do no believe there should be funding for something like IVF treatments. Making the public pay for a treatment is ridiculous. Having children is not a right, it is a privilege. A privilege not everyone will have the chance to have unfortunately. But even if that is the case, public money should not be used for such a special treatment.

>