• Cigarettes are clearly a risk to our health

We ban the abuse of far less dangerous substances under the premise of risk to an individuals health. Cigarettes are clearly poisonous, posing massive risk in nearly every area to the physical body. Should people be allowed to DECIDE to kill themselves? I'd argue no. There is nothing wrong with banning something that is essentially a death sentence to those who choose to smoke it.

• Yes to be certain

Tobacco has killed more than all illegal drugs combined. I recently lost my grandfather to a lifetime of smoking. I don't want anyone to have to go through what I did over the past few years. It has been a long and painful ride through his rapidly declining health. I miss him more than anything in the world and no one should have to go through this ever with anyone.

• It's just wrong!

Tobacco has harmful, fatal effects to mankind. Even if everyone has a choice in whether or not they want to smoke, secondhand smoke is a serious issue of smoking. The first cigarette you would try wouldn't be your last, as you would get addicted, and continue to harm yourself, and others around you. Quit smoking now!

• Tobacco should be illegal for purchase or use

Cigarettes kill more people than cocaine, heroin, meth and all other illegal drugs combined. Imagine if they were illegal. Over 800,000 people are arrested and charged for possession of marijuana and other drugs, it has been proven that tobacco is more harmful than marijuana yet it is illegal to have marijuana but we can have tobacco, shouldn’t we outlaw the leading killer?

• It is bad for you

5 Ways to Stay Smokefree
    Share
    It takes determination to quit smoking and stay smokefree. You should feel great about yourself for how far you've come. Now that you've quit smoking, it's time to focus on staying smokefree long-term.
    Here are 5 tips to help you maintain your smokefree status:
    1. Keep Your Guard Up
    Your body has changed since you began to smoke. Your brain has learned to crave nicotine. So certain people, places, things, and situations can trigger a strong urge to smoke‚ even years after quitting. That's why you should never take a puff again‚ no matter how long it has been since you quit.
    After you've quit‚ the urge to smoke often hits at the same times. For many people‚ the hardest place to resist the urge is at home. And many urges hit when someone else is smoking nearby. Identify your smoking triggers so you can be prepared for a temptation. If a craving hits, use the skills you've learned.
    2. Fight the Urge
    It might be tempting to give in a smoke when a craving hits, but the longer you go without smoking the more these urges will fade. Resist the urge to smoke. Having one or two go-to coping skills you can turn to is helpful (like taking a walk or practicing deep breathing).
    3. Stay Upbeat
    As you go through the first days and weeks without smoking‚ keep a positive outlook. Don't blame or punish yourself if you do have a cigarette. Don't think of smoking as “all or none.” Instead‚ take it one day at a time. Remember that quitting is a learning process.
    4. Reward Yourself for Staying Smokefree
    It's tough to quit smoking; staying smokefree is a major accomplishment. Make sure you're rewarding yourself. Now that you're not buying cigarettes anymore, you might have extra money to buy a small treat. But your reward doesn't have to cost anything! Enjoy a nice hike now that you can breathe easier, or invite a friend over for movie night.
    5. Lean on Someone for Support
    Even after you've been smokefree for a while, you can still be triggered to smoke. When this happens, don't be afraid to turn to someone that supported you when you first quit smoking. This it totally normal, and doesn't mean you're weak. Often times talking about a craving with someone can help you identify what's really going on while the craving passes.
    Remember, quitting smoking happens one day at a time. Celebrate your quit milestones (big and small); you deserve it!

• Supplements can be used

For people who smoke or chew tobacco, there are plenty of supplements that are healthier that smoking and tobacco. You can use an electronic cigarette instead of an actual cigarette. Or you can take zonnic instead of chewing actual tobacco. Smoking and chewing tobacco should definitely banned. It kills too many people.

• It should be banned

I mean its killing our younger kids and adults . Also its is a lot of money that you can put to things you need and not spend it on something that is killing your body every day. If you don't smoke you have longer days to live . Smoking kills 2000 people a day imagine a year.

• Uh of course

It's just as addictive and harmful as these other drugs they have banned, why keep only the drugs that are lining government pocket, alchol should also be banned while we are at it how many people are killed by drunk drivers , it causes liver problems , I mean they ban steroids and pro hormones for no reason so why not tabacco and alcohol

• Yes you morons!

I've made choices in my life that I'm not proud of, but have given me experiences most of you would never have, some good, some bad. Taking drugs was one of these bad choices I had made. I regularly used many drugs including ice but didn't get addicted. I used and was heavily addicted to cocaine. All habits broken and been clean for a number of years. All except cigarettes. Quitting smoking is not as easy as changing a group of friends or social activities etc etc etc... It is too ready and available, making it harder for many of us to quit. I don't believe any smoker who says he actually doesn't want to quit. Many may say they still enjoy smoking, but all would rather not smoke. Make it easier for us.

• Please read this!!

Smoking tobacco kills 400,000 people in the US a year and it kills 2000 people a day! That's 60000 a month! It kills more people than drinking, car accidents, suicide, Ebola, aids, and illegal drugs combined all together! People that smoke tobacco after reading this has problems! STOP SMOKING NOW!!!

• No no and no

No and no. No more banning natural products. Ban the human made chemicals in cigarettes but not tobacco. Tobacco has been with humanity for a long long time, it has a right to be part of our society, regardless of what this "moral majority" thinks. There are far worse things for people in our world, and sugar is far worse than tobacco. Stop trying to ban stuff, and instead teach proper safety and usage to our youth.

• The real should be "Should ignorant, self effacing, leaching liberals be banned from breeding"

Stay out of my life decisions. This is nanny state politics at it's best. Tobacco is bad lets ban it, people are fat lets ban large sodas, kids are stupid lets ban sex so no one conceives. It goes on and on and on. Talk about killing, abortions kill more people in a year than have died in any war. How many people died from smoking last year? According to the CDC around 480,000 from 2005 to 2009 in teh United States. How many abortions? The last recorded year at the CDC is 2010. In 2010 alone the number of reported legally induced abortions were 765,651. That is just one year.
    Ban tobacco-NO
    Ban Abortions- YES
    Ban idiotic liberals- YES

• My life, My choice

It's my life. The consequences are for me to pay. It's only once I will be here on earth. I want to experience everything with my own limitations. No Government needs to tell me what to do with my life. I did not use my vote to put them in power to control my life.

• Because if your old enough to buy it

No because if your old enough to buy it I ran out stuff to say soo

ggttttydsjsnwujsnweundeudneudneiunxdii ddd dd d d d d d d dd d dd d dd dd dd dd d d d d d d d d d d dd d d d d d d

• It cant be outlawed

It cant be kept out of the hands of our people so why send them to jail for something they going to use regardless its also used in medicine for some medical problems so its helping people in the long run not to try to outlaw it....Its almost impossible in my words

• It cant be outlawed

• It cant be outlawed

• Another Prohibition will happen if this come true

For people how do not want to tobacco to be legal we understand it. It to keep the family safe, less people will lose there lives, and people will be able to do work. But we have been through this before in the late 1800's to 1930's where people said the same thing and do there best to ban alcohol and they did it. The first few year was amazing time for america but... Then the problem because to raise quickly and in a year or two the U.S (a lot of people) was illegally making alcohol and didn't care about the amendment. Don't you think this won't happen to us now. If tobacco is banned from the U.S we be indirectly starting another Prohibition that will hurt us badly.

• Natural resources are created from god

Tobacco is a natural plant that have been created by god and should not be banned. But the tobacco manufactures should be banned and stand against because they add the bad chemicals that makes it bad. And if you think that tobacco should be banned then grab should be banned as well because Alcohol is made of it and alcohols are bad as well. Its just does not make any seance to ban a natural plants because there are defiantly a health benefits from it. People are responsible about what do they eat and do not a plant. Btw I do not smoke or drink alcohol at all.
    Thank you
    Mawaia Elkbouli

• Obviously not just how.

Sure you can go ahead and ban it and make it illegal but people are addicted you are just going to make people get what they want illegally, therefore leading to worse if they really start hanging around black market people. Or they will find a replacement better or worse. But who chooses the hard route they just want fast and easy.

LYSSMYSTIC says2013-07-10T09:19:15.153
I say yes but at the moment I am to lazy to add my argument.
dypperman22 says2017-11-24T17:03:30.707
We should think about our children and future of those children. Cigarettes is the true gateway drug. With just one year of smoking all the pure athleticism and conditioning diminishes. Smoking in females effects the their bodies PH. Smoking kills the pure exchange of air in lungs. One drag has immediate damage to body. Chemicals added to numb the damage for a smooth relaxing sensation. Constricted blood vessels and harmful toxins destroy the arterial linings throughout the circulatory system.
Cigarette exposure can cause miscarriages and severe birth defects. Destroys teeth enamel and gum health essentially destroying ones smile and happiness. The two go hand in hand. More money for a healthier life style such as groceries or gym membership would be feasible if cigarettes were gone. We are moving into the future. We should let go of the old ways completely. I could go on and on. We are the people. We get to decide. Initiative ballot. Get a lawyer , write up the ballot and have it signed. We need 60% of the population to sign. And when finished and successful the Cigarette company should donate 1 billion dollars to lung, throat, brain and mouth cancer research.
dpeul0 says2018-02-27T00:02:40.710
Hi liam
dpeul0 says2018-02-27T00:02:50.087
Hi liam
dpeul0 says2018-02-27T00:03:14.687
7
>