Opinion Question
Argument
Posted by: lilmama8771

Yes, I think it should.

I think it should. The penalty there if you get caught performing same sex acts and gays molesting minors is 14 years. If they are caught as a repeat offender they will spend life in prison. They wanted to put the death penalty with it but decided to remove it. I think if that Bill Penalty is brought here, it would wake these people up and they will see that this is not okay. And the fact that Obama is blackmailing them saying he will take away USA's aid if he signs the bill is crazy. I'm glad the president of Uganda signed the bill anyways. He is tired of the gays molesting those minors. They don't have the police force to back up gays. People here don't understand is that's why they feel this is okay. Its not wake up and see that these other countries believe truely in their religions. They are not faking it like some people here. Gay is a choice and mental defect, not genetic. And if they bring the bill here, I think people will start to understand that. We'd have to build more jails though, they will be flooded. These countries are tired of the USA bullying them with this gay stuff and they are fighting back. Obama should be ashamed of himself for selling out like this.
missmedic says2014-02-26T22:23:26.597
You seam to have a lot of ignorance concerning homosexuality. Homophobes should consider a little self-reflection, suggests a new study, finding those individuals who are most hostile toward gays and hold strong anti-gay views may themselves have same-sex desires, albeit undercover ones.
missmedic says2014-02-27T00:26:14.010
Check these out
http://www.Autostraddle.Com/yes-virginia-homophobia-is-linked-to-latent-homosexuality-136313/
http://www.Stuffyoushouldknow.Com/blog/using-science-to-root-out-latent-homosexuality-among-homophobes/
http://www.Scientificamerican.Com/article/homophobes-might-be-hidden-homosexuals/
AdamKG says2014-02-27T00:49:44.207
I agree that lilmama8771's argument is completely ignorant. There is far more scientific evidence backing up homosexuality being a genetic mental and hormonal condition than it being a cultural and social influence. Think about it, is there any realistic circumstance where a fully heterosexual person could somehow be sexually attracted to the same sex? That person would have to have some sort of neurological condition such as homosexuality or bisexuality to truly have that happen. It has been proven multiple times in the 19th-19th centuries by various doctors that there is no way to treat homosexuality therapeutically through counseling because it is not a psychological condition that can be changed; it is neurological. The majority of cases that were treated were not successfully "cured" and those few that were are questionable. In many cases the patients who were not "cured" were permanently scarred emotionally because of the traumatic psychological procedures. It is likely that those who were "cured" were also emotionally scarred, but that was likely overlooked for the idea that they were "cured". No method of therapy has ever been proven to work and the APA removed homosexuality from the categorization of a "disorder" in 1973 so it is no longer considered "sexual deviancy".

No democratic government should ever instate "lawful" oppression on peaceful social groups within their society like Uganda is doing. The idea of throwing peaceful, nonviolent people into prison is insane and outright unjust.
TheFoxWolf says2014-02-27T03:43:43.523
'The penalty there if you get caught performing same sex acts'

What harm does two consenting men bring to society? Oh, none? I have a better idea. How about if we catch people like you having sex, then you get fourteen years of jail. Because you've perfectly demonstrated that the world is at greater harm with your off spring than my harmless sexuality that borders on being celibate . . . Sort of.

'gays molesting minors is 14 years'

Someone who's attracted to a minor is called a pedophile, not a homosexual. And someone being a pedophile doesn't automatically mean that they're a child molester.

'Think if that Bill Penalty is brought here, it would wake these people up and they will see that this is not okay.'

You keep repeating your self that 'it's not okay' and that 'it's wrong' but you've still yet to propose any legitimate reasons. Funnily enough, even my remark has a better defense.

'And the fact that Obama is blackmailing them saying he will take away USA's aid if he signs the bill is crazy.'

If a country would sooner worry about who people are porking over legitimate problems then maybe the honest truth is that they actually don't deserve help.

'I'm glad the president of Uganda signed the bill anyways. He is tired of the gays molesting those minors.'

Except yet again, a pedophile, a homosexual, and a child molester are not at all the same things. In fact, did you know that most minors that are sexually assaulted are women? So technically even by your own misunderstanding of what homosexuality even is your logic fails because going by your logic, technically straight people would be a far greater problem.

So flawed reasoning or not, it seems my remark only seems to be getting more strength.

'They don't have the police force to back up gays. People here don't understand is that's why they feel this is okay.'

SO what, you're saying police beat people if they don't accept homosexuality? Boy, you've really got it the other way around.

'Gay is a choice'

No, not really. Much in the same way no one has choice in what kind of movies they like or what kind of hobbies interest them, people have no choice in their sexuality. Sure, a gay man can CHOOSE to have straight sex, but by that point we're only talking about the conduct and not their actual sexuality or their desire. Furthermore, you still haven't posted a proper reason on why engaging in same sex is wrong, never-mind attraction

'These countries are tired of the USA bullying them with this gay stuff and they are fighting back.'

I like on how you act like that you're the one that's the victim when you don't have the government breathing down your back threatening to arrest you over something as petty as your sexuality. So let me get this straight, it's wrong for the USA to bully you into stop bullying people, but it's all right for you to bully people just because they happen to be a small minority of your country over nothing but complete misunderstanding? Here's an analogy; If a bully goes about beating up a defenseless kid and you're a big tough guy and you choose to punch the bully in the mouth to make them stop, then that's not bullying - that's stepping in.

Furthermore, taking back foreign aid isn't bullying much in the same way I'm not bullying my best friend if I choose not to buy him a hamburger (I'm a vegetarian) with MY money. A better example of countries that the U.S.A bullies are Iraq and Afghanistan.
pastorrexiteke.com says2014-02-27T13:54:02.023
Lilmama8771

All I can say is that I couldn't stop laughing when reading your post, especially at the part where we would have to build more jails.