Opinion Question
Argument

Really? Really?! Are you serious!?

Come on now! Let's get a grip people men will be men and women will be women. Not in any stereotypical way either, but in the natural senses of what makes a woman a woman and a man a man. Anything other than that is completely wrong. Though this is my opinion.
briantheliberal says2014-02-20T18:48:09.013
There is nothing natural about gender roles, they are determined by society. What you consider 'wrong', I consider diversity. How is a piece of plastic in any way a reflection of what is natural human behavior?
Haroush says2014-03-01T19:16:20.560
Well isn't it typical for men to be the providers, protectors, the son's role model, a father to their son, the understanding one, a pillar for the family in hard times, tough, resilient, and caring all at the same time, and lastly, but most importantly the humble one?

See you are coming from a worldview that doesn't have no concrete definitions of what we ought to be as men and women. Without concrete definitions comes a lack of identity and what we ought to be.
Jingram994 says2014-03-02T03:24:46.803
Don't know how old this is, but;

"Well isn't it typical for men to be the providers, protectors, the son's role model, a father to their son, the understanding one, a pillar for the family in hard times, tough, resilient, and caring all at the same time, and lastly, but most importantly the humble one?"

'Typical', yes. Natural, no. Also sexist, against both genders. Who the hell are you to tell anyone else who they 'should' be, or how they 'ought' to think or act? Unless your own, or someone else's, actual rights are actually being legitimately infringed on by failing to do so, for example where a parent physically and psychologically abuses their child, then you don't.
briantheliberal says2014-03-02T05:52:23.953
""Well isn't it typical for men to be the providers, protectors, the son's role model, a father to their son, the understanding one, a pillar for the family in hard times, tough, resilient, and caring all at the same time, and lastly, but most importantly the humble one? ""

Typically, you may say yes because that is the role society placed upon the male gender. In a natural sense, there is no concrete definition of male and female behavior. There is just no such thing. Who are you to tell anyone what they should be because they were born with a certain genitalia? That is completely sexist and narrow minded.
Haroush says2014-03-02T14:26:29.620
How about we debate this topic Jingram?

@ brian, I could respond, but I am only going to go back to my position as I feel it is unnatural and there is a concrete definition for what a male and female should be. Maybe it is completely sexist and narrow minded on your part that we all should be an unisex.
briantheliberal says2014-03-02T16:30:33.057
Unfortunately for you, what you believe is not fact. You believe there is a concrete definition of what males and females should be, but there isn't. And I never said we were unisex, because we aren't. Some of us are male, some of us are female and other are in between but that doesn't make gender roles valid and there is nothing natural about them.
Haroush says2014-03-02T17:16:48.883
And what you believe is not a fact
Haroush says2014-03-02T17:18:06.120
Not to mention, by making it that there is no clear cut definition of what a male or female ought to be you are saying we all are unisex.
briantheliberal says2014-03-02T18:09:34.447
Clearly you don't get it. It's not about what I believe, I am stating what is factual. The only thing that makes us biologically male or female is our X and Y chromosomes, that's it. Some people don't even have XX or XY chromosomes so where do they fit into you narrow minded view of what gender is and is not? Are they gender neutral? Do they get to pick and choose? Why don't you start by answering that, then get back to me.
Haroush says2014-03-02T18:13:24.343
Exactly, you are basically claiming we are all unisex. The problem is that science isn't a concrete foundation.
briantheliberal says2014-03-02T18:16:28.597
Oh of course, I am going to assume you're religious. Many of you don't accept science or facts.
Haroush says2014-03-02T20:24:38.707
Of course we accept science and facts, but true facts.
briantheliberal says2014-03-02T22:38:38.510
That made absolutely no sense... I cannot take you seriously.. We are done here lol
Haroush says2014-03-03T01:04:46.393
I understand. Some people have a hard time understanding where I come from, but I respect your thoughts.
Jingram994 says2014-03-03T07:35:52.713
@Haroush:
We can if you want. I don't really see it going anywhere, and honestly I am pretty busy right now, having just started uni and all; I make time for this site, and I don't know if I'd be able to make time for a legit debate right now.
Haroush says2014-03-03T15:28:57.753
I understand Jingram you explained in further detail in your other comment. By the way, if you want to talk about anything at home let me know. I don't mind talking about problems in our personal lives. So, if you want to talk to me about somethings at home, I don't mind.
Jingram994 says2014-03-04T09:20:47.220
Nah, it's fine. Just, you know, new. A bit daunting as well, but I'm sure I'll manage. I might be able to find time for a debate in a month or two; I'll let you know, probably. Thanks for the understanding.
Haroush says2014-03-04T17:45:37.847
No problem.
Haroush says2014-03-04T17:46:49.543
I just understand how things can turn chaotic in a jiffy.
NeptuneArchangel says2015-04-25T02:56:04.313
"See you are coming from a worldview that doesn't have no concrete definitions of what we ought to be as men and women. Without concrete definitions comes a lack of identity and what we ought to be."

So you're saying we need gender roles to have an identity?
Oh no, without gender roles we might need to actually judge people by their PERSONALITY.
GOD FORBID people have their own personality.