• Making the right choice !

For some people across the world , they are used to eating meat and cant live without them ,whereas,some people are used to eating vegetables. Being a vegan has multiple benefits:
    1) It decreases the risk of you getting illness
    2) Helps you balance your hormones and food diet
    3)It's healthy eating vegetables and fruits because they contain nutrients that SOME meats might not have. Here's a fact : One glass of soya bean is equivalent to one piece of meat.
    4) You are able to save other animals's lives. Its sort of brutal eating animals. They have the rights to live,like us humans. Why cant they live a normal life? Imagine if you were being eaten... GROSS and BRUTAL right ? Exactly,thats what we are doing to those innocent animals. Lets all make a difference! If you dont want to be a vegan, thats absolutely fine. However,try reducing the intake of meat . By eating less meat,you are killing and bringing harm to less animals . We can do so buy raising awareness to all those non-vegans. Thank you. Hopefully,you too should reduce or better still, be a vegan.Whenever there is an opportunity for you to be eating vegetarian food,please do so. Do leave me any replies below if you are against any of my points or would like to comment anything related to the topic . For some people across the world , they are used to eating meat and cant live without them ,whereas,some people are used to eating vegetables. Being a vegan has multiple benefits:
    4) You are able to save other animals's lives. Its sort of brutal eating animals. They have the rights to live,like us humans. Why cant they live a normal life? Imagine if you were being eaten... GROSS and BRUTAL right ? Exactly,thats what we are doing to those innocent animals. Lets all make a difference! If you dont want to be a vegan, thats absolutely fine. However,try reducing the intake of meat . By eating less meat,you are killing and bringing harm to less animals . We can do so buy raising awareness to all those non-vegans. Thank you. Hopefully,you too should reduce or better still, be a vegan.Whenever there is an opportunity for you to be eating vegetarian food,please do so. Do leave me any replies below if you are against any of my points or would like to comment anything related to the topic .

• I'd like to not that this is in the "Health" category.

There is an incredibly large body of research showing that veganism is MUCH better than pretty much any other diet, in terms of health. I am also more than willing to have a (mature, adult and reasonable) conversation about this if anyone is interested.

. . . . . . .

• Yes we should

You don't actually need very much protean, a piece of meat the size of a deck of cards is sufficient protean, yet we eat big fat hamburgers with 7X the amount as one daily serving, FOR ONE MEAL, believe it or not, we Americans eat so much protean that it would be LESS DESTRUCTIVE TO NOT EAT ANY, not that either is good, you could easily sustain yourself off beans.

• I said yes but I also want to say no.

I think it is impossible and at best extremely difficult for the entire world's population to turn vegan. However I do see the environmental and global benefits of a reduced intake of meat and fat. Far too many meat production companies do not adhere to proper conduct in caring for the animals they slaughter. The same goes for egg and dairy production.
    There are companies out there who do treat animals well, but they are dwarfed by the bigger corporations who live and breathe profit. They are the ones who cut down large amounts of Rainforest's in order to make room for agriculture, which in turn leads to a major strain on the global environment.
    So do I believe that all omnivores in the world should become herbivores? No
    But a reduced intake of meat, dairy, Fish and eggs from the major companies that hurt animals by the way they treat them, the environment by how they treat it and us by what they add into Our Food, I think is a good idea. Major companies will never change unless enough consumers change the tide of the competition.

• Humans are anatomically built to be Vegans.

Humans closest living relatives are the chimpanzees, Who get 97% of there calories from plants. If you look at chimpanzees anatomical composition you’ll see that they have flat molars built for chewing and grinding plants, As well as longer digestion routes to digest the high amounts of plants that they consume. However, If you look at animals who get the majority of there calories from meat there anatomy is completely different. For example, Bears while they are omnivores like humans, Their teeth are serrated for stabbing and tearing flesh, In addition to having stronger stomach acid to digest the bones and meat they eat and shorter digestion routes so the meat doesn't putrify while digesting. If humans were truly meant to be omnivores then we would need to change our bodies anatomically. Our whole composition tells us that we should thrive off of raw fruits, Vegetables, Roots, Nuts, And seeds. Not meats.

• We should go vegan!

I think we should go vegan/vegetarian because of some good reasons:
    1) A vegan diet gives you more energy and helps you lose weight better than meat-eaters do. It lowers risk of diseases better too!
    2) It helps Planet Earth and the animals, If we kill animals just for meat to eat, Well, I think it's disgusting! There's flesh of the poor animal, Bones, And blood. Eating meat also causes pollution.
    3) Vegan food is delicious! There are some Dairy products that are actually vegan, And they are way more healthier. I watched a YouTube video that made homemade Vegan 'meat' sauce!
    Conclusion: I think we all SHOULD think about going vegan and become one. Even if you are in the NO section, It's time to think about the good benefits of going vegan.

• Humans, In this time and age, Really do not need meat. I am a doctor.

First you should know that I am a doctor, And second you should know that humans are fully capable of leading healthy lives while living on a well balanced vegan diet. Especially since you can easily supplement the only thing missing, Vitamin d-12.
    So here is a list:
    why go vegan:
    1. Better for the planet and the environment
    2. Much lower saturated fat levels lead to lower body fat percentage lower chance of developing heart problems and lower cholesterol levels in the blood.
    3. Humans only need 50 to 60 grams of protein daily, Which is easily achievable on a vegan diet. (vegan protein powder is available for body builders)
    4. Humane and cruelty freeway of living. No animals are harmed or slaughtered in the process. Cows and sheep are trainable and smart too, If you would not kill a dog then you should not be ok with killing them either.
    Overall veganism is a really positive way of life, But when it comes to actually becoming vegan, It has to come from within. You need to feel the guilt behind harming animals simply because you like steak.

• I lyke caws

If yu kiw de caws thenn they wont live anymor. I fink caws are gud fur de invironent coz dey poo on de floor to meck things growe. If de invoronent is ruend then we cant liv eever coz it gets hot coz of de global worming. Not a gud day

• It's not just about animals, it is about humans too!!

The thing about eating meat is not about animals death and/or pain anymore!!! The animal agriculture has a enormous impact in the sustainability and the future of our world, it is the primary source of environmental destruction.
    A vegan diet producess half of the Carbon Dioxide produced by an omnivorous diet, consuming 1/11 of fossils fuels, 1/13 of the amount of water and 1/18 of the amount of land.
    I think that with this facts in the eyes of everyone, it is a selfish and maybe an ignorant and dumb act to refuse or even disrespect veganism.

• Yes we should.

We eat more of other animals than any other species; not only that, but unlike other animals, we subject them cruelly to prototypes of medical drugs which could cause horrific deformities (see Primodos). We treat animals like scum, like the king's tasters, like slaves. But at the end of the day, WE are animals, therefore we should treat animals with equality, and we should dramatically reduce our meat intake to stop us from standing out and looking like dictators in the kingdom of Animalia.

• We may as well "veganise" carnivore/omnivore animals.

We are descendents of the monkeys, animals that for millions of years have eaten meat. Humans are animals, animals that in 2 million years managed to develop a brain and society more advanced than other animals, but 2 million years ago we were animals like any other animal. It is by nature that we eat meat, and so it is for an enormous part of the animals on earth. The "reason" for becoming vegan is that eating animals and their products makes them feel great pain/die, but what is the difference between humans killing animals and let's say a lion killing an animal, both situations end in the death of animals and chances are that a death by a lion would be much more brutal.

TL;DR- There is no difference between a Human killing an animal and a Lion killing an animal.

• Are you kidding?!

This is really not a good question. There is so much evidence. WE NEED MEAT! People who are so concerned about animals being killed need to realize we need meat for our own health. We need the amino acids. I understand people have beliefs animals shouldn't be killed, but c'mon guys! We have to worry about our own health a little more than a chicken's health. Am I saying ALL animals should die? Of course not! I'm just saying we can't all be vegans. There is more important matters we need to deal with involving humankind.

• I don't think we should become vegans

Because people love meat but they kill the animals cruelly! And yes there are safer ways to kill them. But i don't think they should be killed by throwing a brick on there head that is just wrong, i mean farmers in the farms are very very cruel to animals and i think this needs to stop immediately because animals are special, they were meant to be eaten not to be stayed alive forever. And eventually the cows will die. So i say no we don't become vegans!!!!

• We are omnivoresssssss

Why would we go vegan if we need protein and not all people just wanna eat nuts they want some fried chicken and some hamburgers n stuff just eating leaves and plants wont help a human evolve we need to maintain muscle and grow muscle and not just be some skinny scawny lookin people ya dig?

• More of a medium should be found

I think the healthiest choice would be if people started eating diets that weren't so centered around meat, dairy, and eggs. Then people can become more healthy as well as save money. Then the money saved can be put into more organic and humane forms of meat, dairy, and eggs.

• There are benefits to meat.

I understand that most any nutrients in meat can be found in other foods, but normally, meats hold MORE of those nutrients. They also hold specific amino acids that our bodies cannot produce ourselves. For instance, I personally have a low amount of iron in my system, and eating meat helps me better absorb it as opposed to non-heme foods. Really though, it all comes down to personal choice and lifestyle. Perhaps though, meat, dairy and eggs should be obtained in a more humane way.

• No-one likes vegans!

I am completely against vegans, as they are basically ruining their lives!
    Is veganism some kind of addiction? The only cure to such a deadly disease is meat (wagyu or eye fillet best choices). People who are vegans are psychopath with an underlying terrorist intent to cause chaos and horror amongst normal citizens. I mean seriously! Is this an excuse for those who do not have the ability to cook a good steak, or indoctrination by the internet. You decide, but i warn you, vegans are out for world domination.

• Veganism has become extreme

I don't think we should become vegan because although the basic cause behind turning vegan is good, nowadays people are resorting to any random thing under the name of veganism. It is becoming too extreme and should be nipped in the bud. Otherwise, vegans will soon be in the pyschic human category

• No no no

Because i'm the deciding vote in this forum and i would like to vote no as i would not like to become vegan thats why i voted no in this forum as it was a 50 50 split before this vote in this forum on whether i should be vegan

• Good for you to be a vegan but also good to be a meat-eater

I am only sharing this argument as an opinion and I am not referring it as the complete truth or as a statement.
    There are many debates of whether people should start turning from meat-eaters into vegans, in my opinion, it doesn't really matter. I mean like to vegans it's like, "oh, you're killing animals that don't want to be killed," well that's true. But at the same time, why would you value a farm animal's life the same as a human's life? What significance can they impose on us, what difference can they make. You (vegans) might say they can be great pets but do you really think that the world is going to really stop killing animals for a good source of healthy protein. To me, the answer is NO. What would happen after the animals die, what, bury them? Cremate them? That is my point, farm animals don't serve another purpose than being a reliable source of food for us humans. So, if all you vegans think it's a bad thing to kill farm animals such as cows and pigs than think about this, do you really value an animal as if it's a human?

>