• Support Local Farmers and Farmers Markets.

200 years ago, we did not rely on our food getting shipped to us so why do we do so now. Has America become so dependent on food being shipped to them that we have become a bunch of lazy people that fit the American stereotype? If people purchased food from farmers markets it would eliminate some gas cost causing gas prices to go down and people would know where their food comes from for once. If you go to a high school and ask the teens where their food comes from, I am willing to bet at least 2/3 of the students have no idea where their food comes from and if everyone supported local farmers and farmers markets it would help promote healthier eating and where food comes from.

• Its better to build a community

It tasted better is the same price local food is better quality and humans have had enough food before and better. 400,000 years ago they did not relay on technology to ship all the food was local and the world was nice and clean but 7000 years later the world is slowly crumbling we may even soon have to go to a new planet just from stuff like packet's in food from having to ship food from a country and it contributes to global warming and making more allergies and global warming thank you.

• Imported foods cause illness

Over 39 recent outbreaks of food-borne illnesses are connected to imported food. This includes Hepatitis A, Salmonella, Botulism, and coli. There are also cases of preservatives, used to keep shined food fresh, causing lung cancer. This information was discovered by the Seoul National University in South Korea, so if possible eat locally.

• Yes,we should buy locally produced food.

Whenever possible we should buy locally produced food.This way we help the environment as well as ourselves.We help the environment because the food does not have as far to travel.We help ourselves because most of the time locally grown food is much more healthy in the long run than food that traveled in from a longer distance.

• Saves Gas, Supports Local Economy

We should buy locally produced food because it supports the local economy and saves transportation costs. Consumers also know where this food is grown and can probably go out to the farm and pick their own options. Even better are farms that grow organic food and sell their wares at farmer's markets.

• Yes, because it is more fresh.

Yes, we should buy locally produced food, but only if it is comparable in cost and quality to what can be purchased elsewhere. There is merit to locally produced food, because it is often more fresh than what is shipped from elsewhere. It is also nice to support local farmers. If it is not the produce that you want to purchase, there is no reason to buy local. But if it is between that and something else, by all means, buy local.

• Saves Gas, Promotes Local Economy

Buying locally-grown food does several things. First, it saves gas as the produce doesn't have to travel as far. Second, it keeps local dollars in the local economy. Third, it promotes a healthy lifestyle as consumers eat more vegetables. Fourth, it also gets the community involved in their food choices. It is very empowering to know exactly where your food comes from and how it was grown.

• Support Local Farms

If you look back in history, as cities were just starting to grow, people would obtain their food from the surrounding country side. I believe we were far better off when this was the case because less chemicals were used and the food was far healthier. I think, if it is possible, people should attempt to support any smaller farms within their region. It would be best for the community and any individuals health.

• Saving global economy is more important

I'm pretty sure that the most important point needs to be to make the global economy stronger, if I see people talking about the environmental aspect, this is normally not correct, which means that most of the local produced food is most of the time worse than global produced food if we concentrate onto greenhouse gas emissions. Further on I want to take a look on the global economy, if we are (only) buying locally produced food, we might on the one hand get huge problems in most of the EU countries, cause there is not enough space in many popular regions, on the other hand we have countries like Ukraine, Romania etc. if we are looking onto weed, in which there is a huge amount of space for plantains or fields, further on in these country the food economy is a very important part of the national economy, so if we are not buying food from those countries we may get huge problems with the global economy. To bring in an other aspect: Locally does not mean better quality, if we are looking onto meat products or eggs etc. we can see that most of the eggs, meat etc. in countries like Germany are produced in mass animal husbandry, that is a very bad quality if you ask me, and I tell you I prefer meat from Argentina etc. when I know that the animals there have been living on big fields, which is normally the case there, because they have enough space

• Stupid ozone I'm African I don't cre we don't spell righo,,,, oppps supost to be adgjuo that me nam

I love Donald trump kieel me Donald trump and a lot of fun with the same as a whole bunch if you don't like it was the only thing that I would be have a great day for me the way you can do it again I will not let my name ogopoyfjv

• It takes to long and the seasons

With all of our seasons it takes to long for the food to grow and you cant grow anything in the winter time and you cant just starve in the winter time while in other country's its growing time all the times you can just order from there. Thank you

• Inefficiency Is Inherent

Like all products, specialization and trade are essential in order for anyone to gain from sale. With food however, this is especially important. The reason is that agriculture relies on conditions and natural endowments more than any other business. The temperature, soil composition, rainfall, sunlight, terrain, and costs of land in certain areas all impact the quality and price of food.

Luckily, since global trade is higher than ever, we can grow or raise certain types of food in the best places to grow or raise those foods. For example it would make no sense to grow potatoes in California, wheat in Peru, cattle in Canada, and coffee beans in France. Even though we all consume all of these things, we can't make all of them in the same place.

Consumers have to decide which food to eat based on quality and price, not on where it is made.

Some say that the transportation of food across the country or across the globe is costly and is a waste of money and gas. This would be true except that farmers and distributors make decisions based on what will make the most profit. So if olives are coming from Peru, there is a reason why suppliers chose to grow them there even though they have to pay for shipping. If you buy the best and cheapest olives and you live in a region that makes olives, you will be inadvertently buying locally produced food (because the cost of fuel is lower and the quality of that region's olives is higher).

In terms of environmental impacts, organic non-GMO locally produced food is bad for you and the environment. This is because organic food has no resistance to pests and disease and mold and neither do non-GMO food, thus, for every ton of energy and resources put into the production of the food, very little is actually eaten by humans. If you buy potatoes grown in Alabama, for instance, because you live in Alabama and want to buy local, the potatoes were grown in conditions not suited for potatoes and so very little output for all the input is made. Buy the best, buy the cheapest, don't necessarily buy the closest!

• Pesticide Usage and Necessary Greenhouses

The most common eaten food in the USA is wheat. However, some climates do not support the production of wheat, and so lots of pesticides would be being used for the production of wheat. Also, studies have show that it was better, from a greenhouse-gas perspective, for Swedes to buy Spanish tomatoes than Swedish tomatoes, because the Spanish tomatoes were grown in open fields while the local ones were grown in fossil-fuel-heated greenhouses.

>