• Why tf not

To me i love black history. Because it makes white racist people hella nervous. And its hella annoying when someones like "wheres the white history month". Bitch its all year. Some people say "it doesnt matter what happened back then, because its better now" but your wrong because its not better now.

• Black lives don't matter black lives don't matter black lives don't matter black lives don't matter black lives don't matter black lives don't matter black

Check pinterest check pinterest check pinterest check pinterest check pinterest check pinterest check pinterest check pinterest check pinterest check pinterest check pinterest check pinterest check pinterest check pinterest check pinterest check pinterest check pinterest check pinterest check pinterest check pinterest check pinterest check pinterest check pinterest check pinterest check pinterest check pinterest check pinterest check pinterest

• Umm... Are you okay???

Obviously we should celebrate Black History Month. I am not an African-American, but as a twelve year old I know that there are many things that happened in the past to the African-Americans. I know many other backgrounds are "jealous" that they do not have a month specialized for them, but if we think, the Black culture has gone through so much. They have gone through slavery, and much more. We should acknowledge that Black people have gone through much and in return of our sorry, we gave them a month specialized for them. If you do not want to celebrate it, then move some place else, beside Canada, America, the Netherlands, Germany, or United Kingdoms. In addition, the past is the past, yes, I know, which we should accept that it is our past and that we are truly sorry.

P.S ~ I am in gr. 7. I am a girl, and am Canadian.

• Black history month is for all

All white people have a traditoin now black people have to have a tradition noot just white people

i hate green beans i like carots and my daddy is the tooth fairy tooth fairy and i go ohh ohh oh wanna see my pen i put is in my nose

• We must respect this month and honor all the black people in this world that ended slavery!!!

For those people that said no, you have no respect. If you are black and you said no, you should be ashamed because other people like Martin Luther King and Rosa Parks have helped end slavery and discrimination for black people and if that didn't happen you would still be a slave and probably made fun of because of your color. There. Said it in u guys face so honor those brave blacks in history because you are just talking SHIT.

• You celebrate everybody else

China,Mexico,even Gays is celebrated,so why not blacks and they always get the short end of the stick.Black people was stolen from Africa and made slaves in the United Snakes of America,and are disrespected more than anyone.Then people wonder why they act like they do.So do not take their month away.

• Yes, Keep Black History Month!

Why I think it should stay because it’s a time when black people get to learn about their race in a whole new way and to show people who stood up for others that couldn’t it’s a whole new experience to other people and maybe teaches young black people new things.

• Because people need to know where they come from.

Because they want to feel like they belong with society and want to feel freedom as they were with society they want to feel if they can be friends with other people that are not color or Mexicans they just want society to accept them in to their own community

• Yes we should celebrate black history month

African Americans helped save our country for an example Martin Luther king jr has created all of the races together now with his I have a dream speech and with that it will keep going until we all die for another example Abraham Lincoln’s civil war he was fighting against slavery for the civil war many things happen. Slave keepers made the slaves fight with them and die with them while other slaves if there owner dies another slave owner decides to own the slave. After the war slavery was no more see so many things happen with blacks included we should celebrate black history month.

• Obviously yes we should

Black figures are ignored in british history, only this year’s gcse introduced a poem about it. Before then, many black kids didn’t have a chance to study their history in school whereas white kids did. It’s a great idea and it celebrates a huge part of culture that diserves to be recognised.

• No, there should not be a Black History Month.

Yes, black history month shows the struggle African-Americans went through in the US. Did white people go through struggle too? Did Native Americans? Hispanics? Asians? If there was a White History Month, a strong majority of those supporting BHM would be against and possibly protest it. All the month truly does is protest racism.

• Why don't other races have history Months

Other races also have history, so of course there shouldn't only be black history month. African Americans are just a race in America just like Indians? If every race had a history month then there won't be enoughs months of the year to celebrate them all and we can't create a thirteenth month. So celebrating black history month is unfair to non blacks

• Truly educate people

Chinese were abused in this country just a much as African Americans. American history is American history and it involves every race. If we keep black history month, we should teach who Margaret Sanger was and what she really thought and why she is a bad person. Then people might question why democrats like her so much.

• Why just black?

So what if blacks are slaves, there were others of different color that were slaves as well. If the "Blacks were slaves" is the reason from some of you then why not dedicate a month for the history of slavery. We should have American history. History based on people who made a difference in making America a better place. This month of black history seems one sided to me. Argue to me on how I'm racist and my opinion is ridiculous for you can't change my mind...

• Why Just Black

I get that back then blacks were slaves and it was a dark time but blacks weren't the only slaves. We should be celebrating American history. History which tells of the people who made a difference to making America a better place. You don't have to take my word for this is just an a opinion of mine.

• American Heritage Month

We should celebrate all nationalities/races that have made this country strong. We don’t have enough months to dedicate a month to each, so let’s celebrate EVERYONE’S heritage during a single month. Since Black History Month is already established, let’s replace it with American Heritage Month. I think the Vikings (including Leif Eriksson) would appreciate a little recognition for building this country, and the Native American’s might appreciate a little recognition also; without whom the Pilgrims would not have survived even the first winter. The Pilgrims, without whom civilization may still not have reached North America, need their accomplishments highlighted also. And let’s not forget the Chinese, who built the railroads, without which the transportation of the cotton that the Blacks cultivated would not have been possible. And without the influx of the English, Spanish, Italians, French, Germans, and so many other nations, this nation would not have been founded at all. So, let’s celebrate all nationalities/races that made this country the country it is today, and may God bless everyone that has contributed to its success.

• No, we should just teach about black people and everyone else.

Don’t relegate 1 month to talk about black people, talk about all people. There’s no Mexican History Month, or Asian History Month, so why are black people special. We don’t need to be colorblind. Express our differences, that’s what makes us human. Even Morgan Freeman says we should just stop talking about racism.

• A Derogatory Holiday

Why should we celebrate a holiday that only shows the importance of the things that Black people have accomplished? Yes, while I agree that White people have done their fair share of mistreatment towards the Blacks, but what about other ethnic groups? Asians have been severely discriminated in the U.S. (ex. Executive Order 9066 during WW2, Japanese people are forced to live in internment camps), and I don't hear Asians screaming for the U.S. to celebrate Asian History Month.

• Black history is American history

Having a black history month is just another way of segregating black from white. It enforces the idea that black history isn't important any other time. Why should they get only one month when everyone else has a year. Where is white history month or mexican history month or jewish history month? Would you want a whole month dedicated to your race? I would not. Black history is American history and all cultures should be celebrated year round.

• Celebrations being United.

We should as a country more forward to all backgrounds. All Americans have had to endure hardships. To pick one background over another in itself can over time create a divide .This does not promote unity. If we are trying to right wrongs let's start at the beginning with the Indians.I would opt for January to begin the New Year as a reminder for all backgrounds to celebrate. I myself became a citizen in 1986 .The focus should be a positive experience of people who made a difference from all backgrounds.Black people definitely have contributions to celebrate but join vs dividing and go as a American month for all.

Jtevans70 says2017-02-26T13:04:19.237
I'm always reminded of just how messed up the world is. Every year without fail, at least two to three very perturbed and ignorant persons will ask me, "why do black people need to have a whole month to celebrate their history; no one else gets a whole month to celebrate their history..."

The questioning is truly telling of who the person is and what they really think of black Americans, because "Black History Month" is only "28 days long" actually making it the shortest nationanally celebrated heritage month for any group of Americans.

Here are other national celebrations of Americans heritage, on average lasting 31 days long:

March (31 days)
Women's History Month
Greek-American Heritage Month
Irish-American Heritage Month

April (30 days)
Sikh Heritage Month

May (31 days)
Asian & Pacific American Heritage Month
Jewish American Heritage Month
Haitian Heritage Month

June (30 days)
Gay Lesbian Pride Month
Caribbean-American Heritage Month

September 15 - October 15 (31 days)
Hispanic-Latino Heritage Month

October (31 days)
Italian-American Heritage Month
German-American Heritage Month
Polish-American Heritage Month
Filipino-American History Month
Muslim Heritage Month

November (30 days)
Native-American Indian Heritage Month
Alaskan Native Heritage Month

Oddly, none of these other group of celebrated American heritage gets that same questioning of being too long nor told it's unimportant and irrelevant...